sorry, filler again.

sorry, filler again.

Thu, 04/22/2010 - 23:55 by Aido in response to filler - 4.23.10

Hey guys, the website just deleted a huge news post I had written up.  I'm on a severe time crunch and don't have the time to rewrite it, so I'll just hit on the key points.

I'm certain this has been mentioned before, my day job is basically doing work-for-hire comics.  Right now, I'm trying to hit this deadline before we leave for Toracon tomorrow and there isn't time for much else. Sorry guys, I'll be more diligent next week!

I asked Twitter what they'd like for a filler today, and most people requested either doodles or photos of Rook.  I hope the Posemaniacs figure drawing counts as doodles, and here's a small photospam of our lazy, squishy kitty for you all:

Comments

Who are you and why have you

Comment by Henri (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 00:40

Who are you and why have you abducted my cat?

Oh wait... she's standing next to me. They're like twins, I tell you! And we got out cat at the same time as you did! Weird.

Maybe one of the little cats was shipped all the way to Finland for us to enjoy...

DAW~~~~~~ 8D *perpetual DAW

Comment by KittyMaverick (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 00:56

DAW~~~~~~ 8D
*perpetual DAW face remains for the next five minutes*

On another note, cast page needs updating...

Woah.

Comment by Ashiru (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 02:31

Rook seriously looks like he could be my kitty River's doppelganger! :O So cute!

I like the figure

Comment by Aerie (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 04:22

I like the figure drawing...

*sigh* And... *joins everyone in squeeling over Rook* Kitty!!!

The Stare

Comment by Grimm (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 08:21

That first picture reminds when the cat I belong to is deciding whether or not he is going to snuff me in my sleep.

Such a laydeez man

Comment by M3rcd (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 09:10

Very nice figure drawing!

I love the pictures of Rook as well, I can totally see why he's such a laydeez man.

Sigh

Comment by Matt B. (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 14:50

Now I miss my cats. Summer feels so far away. :(

Good lord

Comment by Kay (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 16:05

Your catten looks just like my catten. I just did the biggest double-take.

...but upon reading the comments above, I just realized that seems to be a common thing. O.o

I'd better give my catten a tattoo or something so that way I know he's mine if he ever escapes the house.

I love gesture drawings

Comment by SpinCity (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 16:05

I love gesture drawings anyways :) they feel so good to draw as well as to look at. So much life in a series of lines. Your cat looks as cute as ever! Almost sends me into snugglegasms.

Great pose sketches! Thats

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 18:22

Great pose sketches!

Thats one thing so many amateur (and some professional) artists don't understand is how to properly draw poses and figures that look realistic or natural.

If a figure doesn't have a good skeleton underneath, the finished product will come out looking weird and unnatural.

After seeing all the people

Comment by Anonymobluescale (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 20:30

After seeing all the people saying that their cat looks like Rook I suppose it would be redundant to say that my Midnight looks like Rook too. I think that Rook must have a common black cat look or something.
It does still make me smile to see the rook photos though because after reading the comics about him, especially the one about his meowing, I feel like we have the same cute whiney cat even more now.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to what you'll paot next week. :)

Ahhh the cat is so cuddly

Comment by Eagle (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 20:42

Ahhh the cat is so cuddly looking. Squisssshh.

The drawings kind of bother me, weird positions make me go ughhlaa.. :P They are good though, don't get me wrong.

kitties and giving out kitties!

Comment by axana (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 21:08

awww how cute :D we have a cat just like that we call it twinkles <3! by the way do you guys know or anyone who lives in LA who might want a kittens? :D twinkles had babies and were trying to give them a home :P sadly only found one person who wants them but he can only take 2... :[... i need to find them a home T-T ...

Awwwkitty! Rook is such a

Comment by Maileigh (not verified) Sat, 04/24/2010 - 00:14

Awwwkitty! Rook is such a cutie!

I love that expression in

Comment by RiddleMeThis (not verified) Sat, 04/24/2010 - 00:50

I love that expression in the last photo. If a cat could have a "Whatever will I do with all these ICBMs?" look, that would be it.

I'm away at college and

Comment by DCloud (not verified) Sat, 04/24/2010 - 02:42

I'm away at college and these pictures make me miss my cat at home :(

Black Cat Similiarities!

Comment by Fukakke (not verified) Sat, 04/24/2010 - 11:33

My Choco-cat gives me that same expression, except their are no hints of anything there but a blank "I am creepily staring at you" expression.

I always enjoy hearing about Rook's hyper-vocalization because Choco-cat is like that as well. From talking to birds when he sits at the window sill to joining us at the dinner table trying to make conversation (and stealing the grated cheese). I wonder if that is typical of this breed of cat because I have heard a lot of people telling the same stories!

I am pretty sure his unhealthy grated cheese, yogurt, ice cream, and milk obsession is a Choco-cat limited edition thing.

Hey, Wait a minute!

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Sat, 04/24/2010 - 22:49

I thought Rook was afraid of cameras

^__^

Comment by Myriam (not verified) Sun, 04/25/2010 - 11:31

Awwww.
Yeah, I'm gonna say it: My black cat looks like Rook. Except her face is rounder because she's itty-bitty but fat.

I picked her up and rubbed my face on her today, just because she was there.
Sometimes you just have to rub your face on a cat.

Anyway, good luck and have fun!

OH YEAH?

Comment by Cassie-Jo (not verified) Sun, 04/25/2010 - 15:26

Well, BOTH of my cats look like Rook.

In fact, all of my pets look like Rook.

Yes. My dog also looks exactly like Rook.

And so does my family.

Have I stolen your cat?

Yes. Maybe.

So... Adorable...

Comment by Dalxein (not verified) Tue, 04/27/2010 - 04:42

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOK!
:D:D:D:D:D
*claps excitedly*

Wow, i thought it was

Comment by Corvid1986 (not verified) Tue, 04/27/2010 - 07:17

Wow, i thought it was amazing my cat looked damn near identical to yours (right down to the brown patterns in the fur) but i find it more amazing that several other readers also have similar cats.....

Does the cat by any chance have about 15 weird hairs on its abdomin?

Ohhhh he is beautiful. I

Comment by Ellemar (not verified) Wed, 04/28/2010 - 15:50

Ohhhh he is beautiful.
I used to have a cat just like that. Her name was Bageera, like from the Jungle Book xD

Rook is adorable. The first

Comment by Shweta (not verified) Thu, 04/29/2010 - 08:38

Rook is adorable. The first picture is my desktop wallpaper now. :)

KITTY

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/29/2010 - 19:57

KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY *Smack*

....Ow. Sorry, don't know what happened there. Your cats stare is hypnotic, I think.

CATS.

Comment by Feebly (not verified) Sat, 05/01/2010 - 19:08

I am now convinced that all cats look the freakin same. D:

Rook =D

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 05/04/2010 - 11:48

I love the last picture. Those ears make him look very dashing.

Rook to E5 and checkmate!

Comment by Eliza A (not verified) Sun, 02/20/2011 - 10:20

Rook is a very awesome cat.

Lovely cats looking so nice.

Comment by Alabama Newspapers (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 16:09

Lovely cats looking so nice. Great blog always offer the best and authentic information without creating exaggeration. Thanks for sharing with us.

That looks like my cat,

Comment by ilvos01 (not verified) Sat, 09/24/2011 - 23:57

That looks like my cat, except older and not so dim.

teehee dim kitty.