ROFLcon this weekend!

ROFLcon this weekend!

Tue, 04/27/2010 - 21:11 by Ananth in response to much like niagara

One of many things wrong with Spacklehaus. Every time it rained, we got a little swimming pool in the basement. I sometimes imagine the house as an old prize fighter, on his last legs, doing his best but ultimately falling short. We were in Rochester this past weekend for Toracon, and we took a moment to drive by Spacklehaus - the red paint on the shutters has bled down the front of the building and the houses on either side seem to have been repainted, so it looks a little like a haunted house.

We'll be at ROFLcon this weekend! And then we'll be at TCAF the following weekend. Come say hi, we're friendly and we'll have tees and more.

Comments

Bleeding house.

Comment by Shirtguy (not verified) Tue, 04/27/2010 - 21:25

I remember you guys mentioning that at the Q&A at toracon. Spacklehaus seems to be every horrifying house thing possible rolled up into one hilarious package. And then rain comes through the roof.

...and squirrels. Don't

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Tue, 04/27/2010 - 23:55

...and squirrels. Don't forget the squirrels >.>

Memories...

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Tue, 04/27/2010 - 21:40

I think Spacklehaus and my summer tenement had the same architect. We had a drain directly outside the basement which didn't actually drain TO anyway, thus requiring constant pumping. Not convenient when the drainage hose was prone to falling into said drain hole and flowing directly into the basement.

Man. I remember mexico now

Comment by Wing alpha (not verified) Tue, 04/27/2010 - 21:49

most houses in the center of the city flooded it was like a small river. hence why no one ever wanted to live on the first floor.

Cant wait to see you in TCAF-I saw Yuko at glance and thougth"gotta get my prescription check Im pretty sure they are not here" -and when I heard you were I went DDDD:

Flooding

Comment by Terror (not verified) Tue, 04/27/2010 - 21:57

Haha floods... well that brings back memories for me when i was living in Massachusetts i hated the flooding but it got me outta school when i had to clean it up.Oh, another thing im in-love with your comics they make me chuckle lightly and then wheeze for air when i laugh too hard.

Tora-con panel

Comment by Max (not verified) Tue, 04/27/2010 - 22:43

Hey guys, great to see you all at Tora-con (I'm honored that you remembered me ^^). I do have video of the panel, but it's a massive file. I won't be able to upload it straight to youtube (sigh of relief from Yuko =p), so I guess I'll just try to find a way to send it to Conrad, and you folks can decide what to do with it form there.

Have fun at ROFLcon!

Perhaps you could rapidshare

Comment by Shirtguy (not verified) Wed, 04/28/2010 - 17:40

Perhaps you could rapidshare it, or something similar, once you get their approval.

pics!

Comment by spider (not verified) Tue, 04/27/2010 - 23:36

Do you have any pics of this house? or an address so I can drive by it and send you one?!?!?

Seconded. As a Rochester

Comment by Joseph (not verified) Thu, 04/29/2010 - 08:56

Seconded. As a Rochester native I really want to know where this thing is so I can drive by it and see. Also to warn friends looking for a place not to touch it.

At least no one was living...

Comment by ChristineA (not verified) Wed, 04/28/2010 - 08:17

in your basement. In our last house, Scott & I were helping a good friend out by letting her live in our basement when we discovered that not only did the water leak in almost everywhere, but the drain in the driveway was clogged and water backed up into the garage & into the basement. My poor friend, at least the majority of her stuff was in rubbermaid tubs. O_o It was a very interesting experience....

:D

Comment by Anii (not verified) Wed, 04/28/2010 - 10:18

as someone who lives just about in niagara... yup. this is accurate ^^

ps- toracon was a blast~!

>_< Ew Flooding

Comment by Mel (not verified) Wed, 04/28/2010 - 14:12

That brings back memories of my house while in middle school. Every time it rained, the dining room would flood (just there) because of all of the backyards in the neighborhood ours was the end of the slope.

Finally, in the rain, my parents decided to dig a trench out while the mud would move easy. Of course, they had me do quite a lot of it.

Flooding

Comment by Casiopium (not verified) Wed, 04/28/2010 - 14:38

This just makes me remember my horrible indoor waterfall experience. Except it wasn't because of the rain, it was because a pipe burst.

I used to work in a VERY OLD building that was once a bakery back when my little town was brand new. At that time it'd been converted to a rather large video rental store. 'Twas the middle of December in Wisconsin when suddenly I heard a CRACK and the gush of water. I wandered around the corner into the back and was faced with the torrential downpour. I just remember grabbing as many containers that were near by to try and catch as much of the water, getting soaked in the process, so I could go and call my manager and ask what the hell I should do. I had to travel down into the basement (a horror story for another day), turn off the water, then dash back up and wait out the gush while trying to keep something beneath the flow to catch all the liquid. Afterwords all that was left was to dump the water out back. It was like... 10pm and dead in the middle of Winter. That shit froze on IMPACT, I swear. My clothes even got stiff and frosty just standing out there.

Oh... what a night that was.

SUPER ART FIGHT!

Comment by Zsy (not verified) Wed, 04/28/2010 - 18:28

You guys really need to publicize Yuko's presence at SUPER ART FIGHT! Go for the championship Yuko!

French Drain

Comment by Zehnoda (not verified) Thu, 04/29/2010 - 00:30

Google is a good friend. I helped build one for a friend of mine. I have to warn, that it does require a lot of yard work. Between five people, we built on about five meters long, one deep it took about half a day. Essentially you dig a trench that slopes downward, and pulls water away from the house. Water seeks the lowest place possible.

All the stories from

Comment by Matt (not verified) Thu, 04/29/2010 - 16:42

All the stories from Spacklehaus make it sound like the house from Fight Club. You guys aren't hiding any secrets, are you?

Awesome comics are Epic

Comment by Justice193 (not verified) Thu, 04/29/2010 - 20:17

that's right, it's so epic, it deserves some Tautology... a word I shall now add to my personal dictionary... along with a few others :X.

love the comics, I've always thought someone doing this sort of comic would be cool... >.> I'll continue eavesdropping on your lives now :P.

I'm going to Rochester in a

Comment by stinethebean (not verified) Thu, 04/29/2010 - 21:29

I'm going to Rochester in a few days. I have family there.

where oh where

Comment by Nick (not verified) Sun, 05/02/2010 - 18:10

I live in Rochester, where on earth is Spacklehause? I wanna see it so badly.

Aw, man!

Comment by Emily (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 14:30

I was at ROFLcon, too! I go to MIT. But I hadn't heard of you guys at that point, so I didn't drop by to see you. Sad times!

Spacklehause

Comment by Eliza A (not verified) Sun, 02/20/2011 - 10:29

I do so love to read about the Spacklehause.
At least it's unique... >_>