Law & Order: Marvel Universe

Hahaha, poor Yuko. Our super may not remember any of our names (we'll do a comic about the guys another time), but he's certainly the best super we've ever had.

Thank you Emily for filling in for us last Thursday! Our schedule over these 3 weeks is kicking our ass, I'm sad to say, so it's always nice to have friends who'll pick up the slack. Our terrible, terrible slack.

Sorry the comic is late! Last weekend was show 2 of 3 in our 3 week gauntlet, and between Johnny Wander and our work deadlines we are clearly stumbling just a bit. We'll be back on track after next weekend, post-TCAF.

Last weekend was ROFLcon, and we spent a large part of that with Rich and George, shuttling around Cambridge, meeting lots of nice folks (Ben and Greg) and sampling the local food (visit Friendly Toast if you're ever at MIT). We also met Ming, Neil and Emmy, all of whom were extra-nice - there's a comic with Neil waiting in the wings, when schedule permits … he's a funny guy, and Emmy is just about the sweetest person I've ever met. We crossed the bridge into Boston to hit Ming's signing for FCBD, and got this totally rad illustration out of it:

She-Hulk in her lawyer digs! Nuthin' better. Fan fiction I can get behind!

Ming is a mega-talented artist - outside of The Loneliest Astronauts (read it!) and her client work, she's done a couple of great comics shorts, including the adorable Lunky Beefhead and my personal fav, Lady Gotham. Ming does Loneliest Astronauts with Kevin Church, who we also got to meet and who was totally friendly and is quite prolific, and he gave us the gift of comics! A man after my own heart. We talked about printers and lettering and all kinds of fun stuff. Swing by his site and check out his myriad projects!

Yuko and I will be at TCAF in Toronto next weekend! We'll be set up in the webcomics pavilion with a lot of the other webcomic folks -- I'll post more details on Thursday. We'll have tees, totes and we're even bringing a couple of those Maw figurines! Oh, and Yuko will be selling originals for the first time ever! As well as some watercolor paintings, like those we had up in the store. We're totally excited to meet you guys and gals, so come say hello!

Comments

"Emmy is just about the

Comment by Emmy (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 12:57

"Emmy is just about the sweetest person I've ever met"
THIS MADE ME CHOKE ON MY TEA. IN JOY. Ilu guys :)

YOU TOTALLY ARE you were all

Comment by Ananth Wed, 05/05/2010 - 14:03

YOU TOTALLY ARE you were all hugs and everything! Super sweet, I got cavities.

Thanks so much for making

Comment by Ming Doyle (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 13:05

Thanks so much for making the time to hang out with during your visit, you guys! It was especially great seeing you at my signing, I felt all overwhelmed and you brightened things up for me, Neil and Kevin towards the end of a long day.

Go go Yuko and Ananth!

We were more than happy to

Comment by Ananth Wed, 05/05/2010 - 14:04

We were more than happy to show up! :D Actually, it was the thing we were looking forward to after a long day too. ;)

Are you guys doing any shows this year?

I'm gonna try to drag Ming

Comment by Emmy (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 15:08

I'm gonna try to drag Ming to ConnectiCon. I've never been, but I heard it is good times!

Lots of great folks to meet!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 05/06/2010 - 14:14

Lots of great folks to meet!

WOOOHOOOO

Comment by Carlos (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 13:38

Cant wit for TCAF :D:D:D:D:D
*you guys are gonna make me broke*

Ahaha, we'll make sure you

Comment by Ananth Wed, 05/05/2010 - 14:08

Ahaha, we'll make sure you have enough for public transit. ;)

Not a problem I carry a bus

Comment by Carlos (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 17:39

Not a problem I carry a bus pass!
*about the only thing I really like about my public transit system*

That reminds me of all the

Comment by lennan (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 13:38

That reminds me of all the names my mom received. Her name is Yukiko.

She got:

Eureka
Yuchichi
Yuchiko

Yeah. Apparently Japanese names are hard. But that super must've been making fun of you. They're all proper.....

He's AT LEAST played Yoshi's

Comment by Ananth Wed, 05/05/2010 - 14:02

He's AT LEAST played Yoshi's Island.

is that the door knob

Comment by Spizzy (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 15:36

is that the door knob falling off a second time in the last panel? XD

XD Yeah.

Comment by Ananth Thu, 05/06/2010 - 14:15

XD Yeah.

Oh man

Comment by blackbird (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 16:10

This reminds me that all the teachers in my school seem to have decided that my last name is Barbara at almost the same time. (It's actually the same as one half of a certain well-known cartoon duo) I swear, I know I remember some of them pronouncing it right the first half of the year. I think there might be a conspiracy...

Haha I like Miko, it's cute!

Comment by franktinsley (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 18:05

Haha I like Miko, it's cute!

My dad's birth name was

Comment by JT (not verified) Wed, 05/05/2010 - 22:31

My dad's birth name was Yoshi XD

I read this wrong...

Comment by Kai-chan (not verified) Thu, 05/06/2010 - 02:58

What does it mean if you read the title as "still the best SUPPER we ever had".

~*KA*~

Simple solution

Comment by Omnutia (not verified) Thu, 05/06/2010 - 06:39

Yuki, have you thought of starting your calls to the super by saying "Hi, It's Miko..", that way he'll be sure to remember that you're name's Yoshi.

Wishing Miyako and Ananth all the best.
Omnutia.

TOTES!!!!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 05/06/2010 - 08:11

Are you gonna be selling the basilisk totes at TCAF? ...cause if not you should it would be fantastic!!!!

Yup, we'll have them!!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 05/06/2010 - 14:16

Yup, we'll have them!!

If I called my landlord to

Comment by Cheri (not verified) Thu, 05/06/2010 - 11:14

If I called my landlord to tell him the doorknob fell off he'd come over and slap me in the face with a screw driver. T_T

So yes you must have a nice landlord.

Super? o.O

Comment by Tripp (not verified) Thu, 05/06/2010 - 14:07

What's a super?? Superintendent? So very confused T.T

AWWW

Comment by teax2 (not verified) Thu, 05/06/2010 - 14:53

You guys were at Comicopia?!! WHY AM I OUT OF TOWN THE ONE DAY YOU HIT MY OLD COMIC SHOP?!
Seriously, not fair. I picked a bunch of free comic books from there last year! I remember my dad took me there after my dental appointment and I spent a happy four hours picking out graphic novels while he waited :D
I hope I can make it to at least one conference with you guys in it in the future. I hope you went to El Pelon anyway. Its the best burrito joint ever and they recently reopened after a fire destroyed their old premises near Fenway Park. Seriously, you´ll never want to enter Boloco or Qdoba ever again after eating an El Pelon burrito.

Oi

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 05/06/2010 - 17:56

Miyazaki? Miso? Muramasa? Samalamadingdong?

It's ok Yuko.

Comment by John K. (not verified) Sun, 05/01/2011 - 08:21

He is just joking off. (Yes I said JOKING) Otherwise he is racist.