Ambulance Cat Redux

Ambulance Cat Redux

Tue, 05/18/2010 - 18:47 by Ananth in response to so it wouldn't be all that different

Reminiscent of this comic, we have pulled the veil back a little further. If Rook wants food, he lets you know. And know. And know. Sometimes when he meows like that we meow back, matching him for length and pitch, but it just turns into a contest and the cat always wins. He's a pro.

John wants to take a video of Rook and auto-tune it. I think I'd just hit mute.

If you've been to the store recently, you know all the tees are sold out. We just ordered a run of ZooLOLogy, PaleontoLOLgy and Mawzantine Crest - we'll let you know when they arrive. There are still Basilisk Tote bags and a few Maw keychains left, and I'll be adding some new items this week - we have a couple of Pony Rocks left, and a set of bookmarks for your page-marking needs.

Back to work for us! I'm working on a certain book. ;)

Comments

One of those ponyrock is

Comment by Lem (not verified) Wed, 05/19/2010 - 13:34

One of those ponyrock is MINE

>: D

I'm seriously hoping to get

Comment by Corteks (not verified) Wed, 05/19/2010 - 21:25

I'm seriously hoping to get a copy too eh. Too intrigued by the pony-cop to not want to read his epic pony adventures.

"You're allright pony, you're allright" ^_^

Heeeey

Comment by Rook (not verified) Wed, 05/19/2010 - 20:06

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY

D'aw

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 05/19/2010 - 21:10

Haha, Rook is adorable. I can relate because my cat does the same thing. Perfect way of portraying it.

Hey! Hey you!

Comment by Evie (not verified) Wed, 05/19/2010 - 21:42

It's like that Far Side comic: "Hey! Hey you! Hey! Hey!" That's totally what pets would say, too. Man.

I really like how Yuko draws Rook as about half her size when he's normal cat-sized compared to everyone else. Pretty hilarious.

This is my cat! Except she

Comment by Izalebeth (not verified) Thu, 05/20/2010 - 00:15

This is my cat! Except she ends on "HEEEEEY! You Suck." I swear, she has no love for us unless we are actively holding the bag of treats or can of food.

You have made my night

Comment by Stephen (not verified) Thu, 05/20/2010 - 12:50

You have made my night happy. I stumbled onto yuko's art back in the fallen comic days, after a guest strip from QC, then added the livejournal, and slacked about checking out johnny wander.

Today I began to read.

Now it is several hours later, I have laughed a lot, enjoyed myself totally, and suddenly the 'next' button didn't work.

I reached the end too soon.

So now I've added you guys on my regular webcomics list, and I am a happier Stephen. Who also, after reading this comic, is totally tempted to go to a comic convention so as to come up and say hello while restraining the urge to pick Yuko up.

Setting the fangirling aside, my cat at home (Miss Kitty Kitty [I wanted to name her Bast, but my family intervened]) Is a very vocal cat about all sorts of things. Food, attention, unattention (I seriously think the meows to get you to not pet her), all sorts of things. I meow back, she meows back. Then she runs away.

I am envious of my father, who she prefers over me.

Shai-Hulud!

Comment by Henry (not verified) Fri, 05/21/2010 - 21:17

I think I'm in love with how Rook's open mouth is drawn. He looks like a sandworm.

Is Ananth wearing his cap

Comment by Lightlybow (not verified) Fri, 06/04/2010 - 15:53

Is Ananth wearing his cap while he sleeps?! That is boss.

Love you guys and your

Comment by B (not verified) Sat, 06/05/2010 - 04:17

Love you guys and your autobios!! (:

Why not have a Rook tee?

Comment by friend of Rook (not verified) Mon, 07/19/2010 - 20:23

Why not have a Rook tee? Where he looks angry and is meowing?

Gary Larson

Comment by JustinFraggle (not verified) Fri, 01/07/2011 - 09:44

This reminds me of a Gary Larson (The Far Side comics) comic where a scientist created a helmet which translates the barks of dogs. They, of course, were only saying "HEY!" Thought it was relevant.
<3!

Private Ambulances

Comment by Private Ambulance Hire (not verified) Wed, 04/06/2011 - 05:39

What book are you working on?