Pony Rock!

Pony Rock!

Tue, 05/25/2010 - 16:07 by Ananth in response to what are you doing

Today is a color piece from Yuko! She re-imagined an old illustration of hers. Hope you dig.

We have a guest comic up at Three Panel Soul! It's about being decisive ... and cookies. Jes is a chef. Hope you like it!

Pony Rock is in the store RIGHT NOW! Quantities are very limited, so grab it while you can. I'm not sure we'll be doing more.

DHP Volume 5 is on its way - it contains the short we did entitled Callie Eats Feathers. And take a look at that cover - Callie's front and center (as drawn by Guy Davis!), right behind Conan. Too cool! We'll keep you posted on that.

Busy as usual - sorry for the short, short post! Hope everyone is having a good one!

Comments

very cool

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 16:15

Keep on rocking!

damn it!

Comment by DisposablePal (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 16:17

i wish i could color like that, its amazing!

FORZAAAA~ <3 I harassed Yuko

Comment by Jade (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 16:23

FORZAAAA~ <3

I harassed Yuko into drawing me Forza at SPX. I still love it to death. :D

Awesome

Comment by Zellar (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 16:29

Great illustration Yuko! I love these, don't ever be afraid to post such great artwork!

Ah! Forza!

Comment by Lori (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 16:37

I love love love your illustrations, I wouldn't mind a feature like this every now and again in JW! :D

Apparently it is officially

Comment by QuoteRadar (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 16:41

Apparently it is officially Creepy Tiger-esque Mythical Creatures Week in the world of webcomics, if you happen to read The Meek as well. Both Dagre and Forza are unsettling in an absolutely gorgeous way. I especially love the little skeleton dude - it reminds me of Death.

Dark Horse (Presents)

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 16:49

Dark Horse... Not to be confused with Bad Horse (He rules the league with an Iron Hoof!)

Woah

Comment by Skie (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 17:51

That image officially represents all that goes on in the apartment at which I live. If it were to ever exist as a buyable artwork (preferably on a larger poster) I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Otherwise, it's splendid!
Also: The representation of anonymous individuals in the guest comic for Three Panel Soul amuses me to no end. Do you lack a name and a face? ENJOY YOUR SOLID COLOR SKIN AND LACK OF BOTH HAIR AND A NOSE! Gyahahahahaahaha!

*Cough*
=)

I first thought the golden

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 17:59

I first thought the golden twisty band was a Moebius strip. Then I was disappointed.
It is great, though!

Lemniscate!

Comment by Aido Tue, 05/25/2010 - 18:04

It's a lemniscate!  So, it's basically the same thing. :D

Shiny

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 19:34

Ooh, very nice.

And yeah, the skeleton reminds me of Death. Sort of? His 'true' form, maybe, in the realm where this guy checks up on him?

Okay, my brain just took off into a fanfic where Awesome Dragon Guy grills Death about his 'relationship' with Cecilia, etc etc etc @_@ never mind me these aren't the droids you're looking for.

Forza?

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 20:01

So I gather this guy is named Forza? For a minute I thought it was a re-imagining of that Power Tarot card you did like a year ago, because of the beast + little infinity symbol. Or lemniscate.

Either way, kinda terrifying. And cool. Terrifyingly cool.

Damn I was hoping to get one

Comment by Corteks (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 20:21

Damn I was hoping to get one of those Pony Rocks :/

First Glance

Comment by darth_franny (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 20:53

First glance of it reminded me of Naruto's Kyuubi(9 Tailed Fox). Yes I'm a Narutard.

Huh.

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 21:24

Good Questions.

curious

Comment by Spizzy (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 22:06

was wondering if you guys were going to be at a-kon next week. I figured if you were you would have made some sort of announcement but thought I'd ask anyway!

this needs to be a

Comment by desktop (not verified) Tue, 05/25/2010 - 22:32

this needs to be a desktop.

preferably widescreen.

I second that. I'd love some

Comment by Aube (not verified) Thu, 05/27/2010 - 13:27

I second that. I'd love some JW-esk wallpaper.

Do you have a recipe for

Comment by Nate (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 00:04

Do you have a recipe for those cookies? I'm always in the market for quality baked goods.

a poster

Comment by vanarebane (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 02:24

I like the colors and the idea of "what are you doing"

Would love to get it on a A3/A2 poster. Is this possible?

Thanks

Poster please

Comment by Kristin (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 06:38

Yes, I'm with Vanarebane. I would love to see a poster of this. It could go next to my Fox & Raven print.

Those are some pretty deep questions that I would like to make sure to ask myself everyday. Great work!

K

Another vote for merch

Comment by kytsunei (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 09:05

If another vote for making What are you Doing into poster would tip you towards it, I would absolutely snap it up.
Jawsome as usual.

Oh my god! O_O I want that

Comment by Katsu (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 09:31

Oh my god! O_O I want that as a tattoo. O_O

But I'd settle for a poster!! And/or desktop wallpaper... <3

Wow. That's really intense.

Comment by kunenk (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 09:32

Wow. That's really intense.

print/poster, please

Comment by Todd (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 10:56

My first thought when I saw the picture was that the symbol over the beast's head might be a reference to a Tarot card (such as The Magician), but the second was "I hope prints of this will be available. Along with the other people who have mentioned it, I'd most like it in poster form, if that's possible. I love Yuko's artwork.

Merch!

Comment by Hatepig (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 12:53

If this was a shirt, I would buy it so hard my wallet would explode. Seriously. It's awesome and has this incredible intensity about it.

I would really love a print

Comment by Rhea (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 17:08

I would really love a print of this, it's just lovely!

quest comic

Comment by Nina (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 21:34

I thought the link to the guest comic said "quest comic," so I got really excited. But the guest comic was still good, though!
(cookies! and polite rainbow people)

Mixed emotions

Comment by Joe (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 23:14

I really, REALLY want this as a print.
But at the same time, I don't think I could take that majestic creature staring down at me, questioning and judging my every action.
Too. Much. Pressure.

Cookies [guest comic]

Comment by Joshua (not verified) Wed, 05/26/2010 - 23:45

I've been good and resisted the desire to bake a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (with cherries) because I don't need to be eating them.

Now, because of your guest comic, my will power has crumbled. I hope you are all happy. ^_^

Poster? Pretty please?

Comment by bastlynn (not verified) Thu, 05/27/2010 - 03:30

With an extra cherry on top? Seriously - I'd love to have this on my wall right above my monitor where I can keep myself on track.

I second this!! :D

Comment by lanysmiles (not verified) Thu, 05/27/2010 - 05:20

I second this!! :D

aaaaahh!!!

Comment by lanysmiles (not verified) Thu, 05/27/2010 - 05:20

Noooo!!!
all sold out!!!!
damnation!!!!!

Agh, but I JUST got DHP vol

Comment by Arsnof (not verified) Thu, 05/27/2010 - 05:43

Agh, but I JUST got DHP vol 4! My bookshelves are running out of room!

It's all Matt&Ian's fault!

Comment by Megamaniaco (not verified) Thu, 05/27/2010 - 08:35

I'm a regular TPS reader (it takes no Einstein to guess how I got here, then ^^), and I just wanted to tell you folks that as soon as I started reading your stuff I was instantly hooked!

It's a shame that you only started doing this on 2008, 'cause I've already read it all! D:

I live in Spain, but I'm going to visit the US (gonna go to PAX this year :D). Any chance any of you being around? I would love to chat and maybe get an autograph (/fanboy mode ON).

Anyway...keep up the good work!

Too cool?

Comment by Erin Riggs (not verified) Thu, 05/27/2010 - 12:21

People say "too cool" when they find the shoes they wanted on sale.

Guy Davis drawing your character, front and center for a TPB published by Dark Horse?
C'mon, that deserves more than that.

Big congrats!

Print!

Comment by B (not verified) Fri, 06/04/2010 - 06:38

Some other people have said it and I will as well- a print, please thank you.

I would also like to put

Comment by austin (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 17:18

I would also like to put forth a whiny plea for a poster of Forza, it would be amazing to put above my desk (where I currently only have a quote from Flaubert: "Faire et se taire," which some wonderful author has put as "Shut up and get on with it."

Poster?

Comment by Nora (not verified) Sat, 06/12/2010 - 22:26

I'd like to second (eighth?) the plea for this as a poster... It would look really fantastic.

Inspiration or coincidence?

Comment by abramdemski (not verified) Tue, 06/15/2010 - 23:47

I do not know if there is any causal direction one way or the other, but, the exact quote appeared recently on a rationality forum, and I am curious:

poster or print

Comment by Kait (not verified) Thu, 07/01/2010 - 19:09

I want this, so bad. Please??

ditto

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/08/2010 - 15:55

ditto

I am begging you to make a

Comment by Desperate for Merchandise (not verified) Thu, 08/19/2010 - 05:46

I am begging you to make a print of this available for purchase! I would love to have this up in my apartment

Poster? Print?

Comment by What are you doing? (not verified) Tue, 09/28/2010 - 04:15

I have to echo the other commenters and beg for some physical copy of this. I should add that if this was a poster, I would DEFINITELY buy it. (Believe it!) I kiiind of have a problem with procrastination (like right now, I should be studying for a test) and I find this really inspiring somehow.

I think I'm gonna go study now =^_^=

Hi there would you mind

Comment by Xavier Shindledecker (not verified) Fri, 05/25/2012 - 09:33

Hi there would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good internet hosting provider at a honest price? Thanks, I appreciate it! Xavier Shindledecker