Moving a couch

Moving a couch

Tue, 06/01/2010 - 20:39 by Ananth in response to woes of a fifth-floor tenant

sucks.

Some of my buddies from DC came up to visit, and they were kind enough to help us move the couch. Thanks guys! Yuko couldn't draw them all here. This couch wasn't as bad as the one we had to move from Rochester to Rockville ... solid wood frame, queen-size foldout bed. It was a monster. Oof.

Tees in the store are partially restocked - you can snag some PaleontoLOLgy or Mawzantine Crest shirts if you like.

See you Thursday!

Comments

Ikeawear

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 06/01/2010 - 21:51

Strips like these really make me appreciate my sister's Ikeawear.
Now if she would just get a new TV before she moved again...

You're soooo lucky

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Tue, 06/01/2010 - 22:17

that you have this many friends to help you lift a couch!!! All I had was my dad o_o

Drinking cold stuff while sitting on the couch was heaven!

couuuuches

Comment by Gale (not verified) Tue, 06/01/2010 - 22:26

Oh man, I feel your pain! My roommate and I only had to lug our couch up two floors, but we were struggling the whole way. Those super-narrow twisty staircases are the worst - furniture-carrying should not be a Layton puzzle! ;_;

Heh, I'm glad I'm only on

Comment by ThunderGodNick (not verified) Tue, 06/01/2010 - 23:16

Heh, I'm glad I'm only on the second floor.

Oof.

Comment by Krimson (not verified) Tue, 06/01/2010 - 23:35

I once had to help a friend move his sofa up six floors. We would up getting this long, thin plank of wood, setting it along the ends of the stairs (so that it sort of covered them), and made a makeshift slide that we put the sofa on so we could push both sofa and plank upward with relative ease.

Come to think of it, that was a pretty smart idea.

Couches and other heavy furniture.

Comment by William Righetti (not verified) Wed, 06/02/2010 - 00:04

Imagine rooming in a house and every year you sign a new lease for the same house, but different rooms in the house. Now imagine moving old, solid wood, former dorm furniture up and down the stairs of that house. You don't have to move far, just up... and down... and up again... every year. Sheesh!

yall must have a really

Comment by Spizzy (not verified) Wed, 06/02/2010 - 01:06

yall must have a really heavy couch.I think if couches weren't so long, I could maybe move mine up and down stairs myself

Deep Wisdom.

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Wed, 06/02/2010 - 04:31

No, really! Also, nice sense of mass and scale in the drawing.

I'm feeling with you

Comment by Previous (not verified) Wed, 06/02/2010 - 04:48

Oh yeah. We've been living oo a fifth floor for... about 17 years. So we've had several couches come and go.
Good thing we're living in a house now and have our couches on the ground floor (except for one, which was hard enough to move up one floor because the stairs are incredibly narrow).

Perfect

Comment by Scotty (not verified) Wed, 06/02/2010 - 15:42

This would be great for a postcard or greeting card. A thank you note, maybe? Even without any context, it works.

wah

Comment by Rickey (not verified) Wed, 06/02/2010 - 18:14

Love, love the work you guys are doing! :D, also don't sell out of XL Paleontololgy shirts until I can get some monies!

So hard?

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Wed, 06/02/2010 - 19:18

You guys make it seem like it is so hard moving furniture. Next time I should come up there and show y'all how its done! :D

(c)ouch

Comment by Razor (not verified) Wed, 06/02/2010 - 19:36

Glad that I only live on the 2nd floor. That was bad enough.

Moving stinks. One of my least favorite things to do. :P

pfffft...

Comment by NeoTsunami (not verified) Thu, 06/03/2010 - 08:04

haha i just realized that my brother and are are so lazy that, even if my sister has already moved out and her room is free, neither of us cas called dibs because neither of us has the initiative to move his things from one room to the other...let alone a huge couch up 5 flights of stairs xD