The Two Little Maidens

The Two Little Maidens

Thu, 06/10/2010 - 20:46 by Ananth in response to the two little maidens 2

That's the end of the mini-arc! I've already written out the first Maidens story, so we'll be tackling that when we can. Hope you enjoyed it!

Yuko's Threadless design is still up for voting - if you have a moment and can toss in your vote, that would be great. Thanks!

Our own tees will be back in the store next week! That's ZooLOLogy, PaleontoLOLgy, and Mawzantine Crest tees. See you then!

Comments

exclamation points!!!!!!!!!

Comment by HILLARY!!! (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 20:50

I SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT TO DEVOUR THIS ENTIRE SERIES FROM FRONT TO BACK, WHY IS IT NOT CREATED YET

WHAT SHE SAID *ABOVE COMMENT*

Comment by Aube (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 20:54

WHAT SHE SAID *ABOVE COMMENT*

Thanks guys! So glad you

Comment by Ananth Mon, 06/14/2010 - 11:03

Thanks guys! So glad you like it. :)

This is so great. So. Great.

Comment by Jordan (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 21:11

This is so great. So. Great. You guys do the best work ever; I cannot stop laughing.

Hahaha, then our work here

Comment by Ananth Mon, 06/14/2010 - 11:05

Hahaha, then our work here is done.

It went from so funny. To so

Comment by Neza (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 21:16

It went from so funny.
To so sad.
D;
And the sad bits were funny anyway wat.

I can't wait

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 21:34

I can't wait to see what y'all have in store for these guys.

And for those tees to be selling.

:D

I love this

Comment by jojo (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 21:44

so much! :D That was a really cool way to show how their life progressed XD

Question

Comment by PenInHand (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 22:03

So are each of these titles a different story we can expect in the future sometime? I'm just a tad confused.

Nah, we're just taking a

Comment by Ananth Thu, 06/10/2010 - 23:32

Nah, we're just taking a walk through their childhood. The stories will be largely about the cases they take as adults.

Hrm...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 22:11

Does this mean they'll be books/comics for sale in the store, or that they'll be actual arcs?

Arcs! One day we'll compile

Comment by Ananth Thu, 06/10/2010 - 23:32

Arcs! One day we'll compile all the color stuff together into a book, but that's a long time coming.

Well...

Comment by Nare (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 22:52

They are PIs instead of cops, so.... blame it on emotional baggage? XD

They are like the Venture

Comment by Anjel (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 23:00

They are like the Venture Brothers but so much cuter ;o;

Oh Wow.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Thu, 06/10/2010 - 23:29

That... that took quite a turn in panel 3, there. What a downer.

Makes me more interested in reading it, though.
Damn your mastery of The Hook.

Simply lovely

Comment by Nick (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 00:00

The two Maidens are so great! I love them! can't wait to read more

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Comment by mura (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 00:55

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg *hyperventilates*

i'm so looking forward for this >___<

mmmm

Comment by wishcandy (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 02:10

This is amazing. I commented and voted on threadless. Hope it gets printed!

P.S.- I'm pretending its tea! nom nom

Best Ever!

Comment by Steffox (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 03:52

Lovely lovely lovely arc! Everything is spot-on for nostalgia and THEN SOME. Really great job on this one! I would love it as an extra-long print (hint hint)

gazuks!

Comment by lanysmiles (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 05:02

the knife doth spake?
:o

The last panel's story-title

Comment by White Rhino (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 05:16

The last panel's story-title really reminds me of the kind of humor from Pictures for Sad Children.

Which is, to say, sad and absurd in a way that's disarmingly funny.

Hah, it's so cool seeing

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 10:34

Hah, it's so cool seeing these little snapshots of their lives. The knife one has me intrigued/confused. Poor kids. D: I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these two!

I love the artwork...but I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 12:00

I love the artwork...but I have a feeling these two pages are basically spoilers of important turning points in the story...especially "The Unfaithful Husband" and "The Two Boys"

Nah ... it was a quick way

Comment by Ananth Fri, 06/11/2010 - 12:20

Nah ... it was a quick way of setting up background. The cases they solve in the series are all when they're adults.

That was an awesome way to

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 12:27

That was an awesome way to do back-story!

I cannot WAIT for this. :D Lovely work. It's all shiny and gorgeous and makes me wanna read the Hardy Boys and I don't even LIKE the Hardy Boys...

You guyz rock <3

Thanks! :D

Comment by Ananth Sun, 06/13/2010 - 10:27

Thanks! :D

The Knife that Spoke!

Comment by Matt (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 14:17

That was real cool and all, but what about The Knife that Spoke, huh? Is it supposed to be something relating to boys moving to adulthood also? Because I did not get it but it sounds like a good mystery.

Elucidation

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 20:35

I think it was more that a book would have a title like "The Knife that Spoke" as a metaphor for how the knife, in the end, revealed the entire case. But in this situation, it just blathers on and on and on.

You got it!

Comment by Ananth Sun, 06/13/2010 - 10:26

You got it!

The last pannel

Comment by Matt (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 16:15

I like how in the last pannel the girl is excatly the same one from the first one. So would it be that as they try to solve cases she'll be there as the female interest/one who always speaks of their past kind of thing?

Yup, she'll be around! A

Comment by Ananth Sun, 06/13/2010 - 10:27

Yup, she'll be around!

xD

Comment by Anii (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 20:16

AH! i love this style of coloring! and especially I am fond of the hand lettering!! you could make quite a handsome typeface from it x)

Your comics always bring a

Comment by Mary (not verified) Fri, 06/11/2010 - 23:59

Your comics always bring a smile to my face. Thank you, Mrs. Ota and Mr. Panagariya.

:D

Comment by Ananth Sun, 06/13/2010 - 10:28

:D

Oh my!

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Sat, 06/12/2010 - 01:26

Oh my! I am new to this comic, and I can't seem to stop reading! Oh ho ho ho~

Anyways, the coffee gave me quite a miggle. (man giggle) I love it! I think it could be from my acute addiction to the deliciousness of coffee. <3

I adored Encyclopedia Brown

Comment by QuoteRadar (not verified) Sat, 06/12/2010 - 14:49

I adored Encyclopedia Brown as a child, but I love this even more. So much more.

I especially like the bruiser-girl police officer... I hope we get to see her again.

She'll be back!

Comment by Ananth Sun, 06/13/2010 - 10:28

She'll be back!

Inter Esting...

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Sat, 06/12/2010 - 17:33

The girl that beat the crap out of the two brothers as kids, is she that police officer at the last panel? o_o

Also, wow, the older brother looked so jaded as an adult. In any case, what everyone else has said already, this is gonna be awesome and I know it!

She is!

Comment by Ananth Sun, 06/13/2010 - 10:28

She is!

Awwww man.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 06/12/2010 - 19:36

from fallencomic.com
"NOTICE: This domain name expired on 06/10/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion"

I guess you will stop getting messages all like "Yuuuukooo, when are you going to finish this, This is like the best comic ever."

Here is just one last one.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment by Ananth Sun, 06/13/2010 - 10:28

Thanks for the heads up!

Love it! If you don't get

Comment by otchugs (not verified) Mon, 06/14/2010 - 14:10

Love it! If you don't get it on Threadless, you should still sell it. I'd totally buy it.

ALSO:

Are you guys coming to CTcon again this year? It was so cool meeting you last year!

Title Font Choice

Comment by Sean Prettyman (not verified) Tue, 06/15/2010 - 06:18

I love that hand-lettered style. Which typeface did you use for the story titles?

Whoops!

Comment by Sean Prettyman (not verified) Tue, 06/15/2010 - 14:24

Nevermind! I saw the previous post. It looks very pretty, as I previously stated. Good job and I hope to see more soon.

Ooo!

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 06/15/2010 - 17:51

Looking forward to seeing more of these two guys. (and their lady cop friend/pain in the rear end XD )

PS: "The Knife that Spoke" reminds me of the 'Model H' over at Gunnerkrigg Ct (a horse robot that recites Shakespeare, among other things) but I did think of it in the context of it 'speaking' to them in order to solve the case, etc.

Nifty!

lol I love this comic so

Comment by Alberto (not verified) Wed, 06/16/2010 - 18:30

lol
I love this comic so much.

I want to read this so

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/14/2013 - 22:56

I want to read this so baaaaad.