Wish you were here!

Wish you were here!

Tue, 06/29/2010 - 20:41 by Ananth in response to wish you were here

Hey everyone! Summer is here, which means it's time for the beach! Cute. We have three fiction stories lined up and ready to go when we have time - a longer Maidens installment, a new short, and another Girl with the Skeleton Hand story. All already written! Can't wait.

We've recently been put a lot of time into the JW book! Yesterday we went over cover designs (there are two in the running). Yuko finished up most of the spot illustrations as well, so I'd say the book is about 90% done. Hope you're looking as forward to it as we are! It is definitely a labor of love.

George Rohac is writing a paper on copyright & the economy of webcomics. If you have a comic and can take a survey, just click through: http://thesis.georgerohac.com It'd be a big help to him! This is his thesis paper for his graduate degree at NYU, so he will be releasing it once it is approved. Exciting stuff!

That's all from us this Tuesday! See you in a couple of days!

Comments

Aww..wish it was summer down

Comment by SteveJones (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 20:51

Aww..wish it was summer down here in australia. Freezing my ass off. Can't wait for new Maidens + Girl with the Skeleton Hand stories. Keep it up folks =D

Just curious, how cold is

Comment by Magofirst (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 21:41

Just curious, how cold is freezing there for ya?

I live in Vermont; what I

Comment by Ceryle (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 01:14

I live in Vermont; what I call cold is -18C, what I call hot is 32C, what I call pleasant weather is 15C. ^_^

Yay!

Comment by Tarrant (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 20:58

First, yes winter down under suuuucks.

Secondly, yay for new arcs!
Also, poor Death, what did he do to deserve such pecking?

This is just beautiful! Love

Comment by Tara (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 21:03

This is just beautiful! Love the colors and the warmth...

Lovely, as usual :)

I half-hoped for Puppy to be

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 21:15

I half-hoped for Puppy to be in the picture...

This makes me smile unintentionally. You should make more like this.

Art

Comment by Trae (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 21:50

Cecilia's legs look quite strange, but the piece is still pretty cool. Death in a bathing suit is pretty cool, though I have to feel sorry for him.
Blasted Maw!
I can't wait to see the new installments on your fictional stories! The colored, really imaginative stuff is when this comic shines brightest.

Beautifully drawn as always!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 22:00

Beautifully drawn as always! I am anxiously awaiting your stories, they are always so creative! This is a silly question but can anyone tell me what kind of gloves the Girl with a Skeleton Hand is wearing? I have been looking for that exact type of glove or mitt or whatever it is for a while now.

Book

Comment by ngun (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 23:46

Gosh! Where have I been that I didn't know about a book? Very exciting!! :D

Smiles!

Comment by Jasmine P. (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 23:50

I've had one of those days that has gone from hell to alright and back again. Seeing this cheered me up and made me smile. I love seeing Celia and Death, they're such a cute couple. And a maw! Seriously, this cheered me up and made me smile. The new prospective shorts sound fantastic, I look forward to seeing them posted.

Death in the sun

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/29/2010 - 23:53

Query: If death doesn't maintain his tan, does he pale and turn a shade of dark gray?

It's a good thing he's death or he'd surely get heatstroke.

Lovely!

Comment by Oni (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 00:24

I am SO looking forward to the line up. As much as I love the regular comic, the fictional shorts are really something <3 This is a very lovely start to it all.

That is amazing! death being

Comment by Aube (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 01:31

That is amazing! death being attacked by seagulls is hilarious. Yes on the book also, can't wait. I look forward to Further News on Grohacs' thesis paper its a very interesting topic.

So cuuuuute!

Comment by Emi (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 02:20

Omigosh I want that bathing suit. Great work guys!

Cute~~~♥

Comment by Cake (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 05:07

Eee! So cute!
If you have to spend all day doing something, it may as well be a fantabulous colour drawing of Skeleton Hand beach shennanigans!

Really looking forward to the upcoming comics.

Have fun & keep cool guys (and kitties).

EEeeeeee!!!!!

Comment by landminecat (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 05:49

Gosh darn that is just about the cutest swimsuit I've ever seen. It suits her well!

Maw questions...

Comment by Zelnik (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 07:04

This may seem odd, but what exactly are the Maw's? and what noise do they make? where in splib's name do they come from?

damn, i was working on a

Comment by Disposablepal (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 08:16

damn, i was working on a cool Cecilia and Death beach picture, i might still finish it but Yuko's is gonna put mine to shame. I love that death is wearing the old style mens swimsuit, i imagined him wearing the same thing

Lovely! I want to make a ton

Comment by QuoteRadar (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 08:43

Lovely! I want to make a ton of 4x6 prints of these and use them as postcards even though I detest beaches.

Taunting death, and a book question.

Comment by iDoom46 (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 08:45

Waaaaahh!! Those birds are in MORTAL DANGER!

Also, I've been meaning to ask this for a while now; are you going to include the texts that pop up when the mouse hovers over the picture in the book?
Sorry, if that didn't make sense. Example- the "(instead of me)" in this comic, for instance.

I'm always really amused by those, in fact sometimes I find them funnier than the jokes in the comics themselves, so I'm curious if you'll fit those in somehow.

The alternative text pop ups

Comment by Shadowrider (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 13:14

The alternative text pop ups are quite amusing, would be neat to see them included in the book. Perhaps they could be put in as a footnote or something? Or included under the comic title?

Prints?

Comment by djSARS (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 17:13

This is amazingly cute; I want this art in poster form. Will you sell prints sometime in the near future?

I love this! lol Omg, is

Comment by Jrwiley (not verified) Thu, 07/01/2010 - 02:27

I love this! lol

Omg, is there any chance of a wallpaper of this?

Will this be the comic where

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 07/01/2010 - 02:45

Will this be the comic where we finally get to see Death and Skell E. Hand kiss?! :U

(Would it be like Iceman trying to kiss Rouge?)

Aw

Comment by Melissa (not verified) Thu, 07/01/2010 - 09:25

I love this picture! Will you consider releasing a print of it?

Ahhh!

Comment by Nico (not verified) Thu, 07/01/2010 - 10:32

The girl & skeleton couple!!! They're so cute. :3

Eek!

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Thu, 07/01/2010 - 17:45

So adorable! XD I can't wait for the book guys. <333

Such a stylish summer!

Comment by Razor (not verified) Fri, 07/02/2010 - 16:06

I didn't see this one! I absolutely LOVE Cecilia's bathing costume. The mitts set it off perfectly! I betcha C. knits. =)

Poor Death. You'd think seagulls would be scared of him! I gather he's not really all that good at his job =)