EPILOGUE:

EPILOGUE:

Tue, 07/06/2010 - 14:43 by Ananth in response to the great escape

WE WERE LATE. Actually, the doorknob got replaced this morning. Crisis averted!

Some of you are new to the site! Here is the quick version of Johnny Wander: charm of life autobio-comics with the occasional break for fiction shorts. If you've coming over from Girls with Slingshots, welcome - hope you enjoy it! And if you're a regular JW reader, we have a guest strip up over at GWS - it's a little NSFW (not safe for work), so don't click through if you or your employers are easily offended!

As mentioned last week, we'll be at Connecticon this weekend! Come say hey!

Comments

this has happened to me many

Comment by DisposablePal (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 14:59

this has happened to me many times, its my mutant power of building complex things yet destroying simple ones with little to no effort. Professor Xavier wouldnt take me in cause i kept breaking things :(

Hat rack

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 15:04

I saw the guest comic before the NSFW warnings, LOL. Oops. Did a double-take. "Is that a....??" XD

Glad the doorknob was replaced! =D

Yes, it is a coat-rack

Comment by Aperture (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 21:57

Yes, it is a coat-rack

Aaaaugh the door

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 15:32

Aaaaugh the door latchy-handle thing on my dorm room's door came off in my hand on an almost monthly basis. It's fun trying work on a laptop while sitting in a hallway.

I think this is

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 15:35

... the first time I see Yuko drawing something NSFW... a purple pickle. o_o

Hush, now.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 21:59

Coatracks are totally safe for work.

It's just a flesh wound.

Comment by Skie (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 15:55

Be glad that the door didn't "KACHUNK" off of it's hinges.
Be extra glad termites were not involved.

Keep the doorknob as a souvenier!

Yay! Comics! You guys

Comment by Sundae (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 16:17

Yay! Comics! You guys rock!
That's all I really had to say...since I'm new...>.<
DFTBA!

OMG I'm so glad I found this

Comment by Nyxie (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 16:31

OMG I'm so glad I found this through GWS, your comics rock :D

Heh, this one rings

Comment by PurpleJuneBug (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 17:23

Heh, this one rings particularly true with me. Doorknobs seemed to be trying to get the best of me in my most recent apartment (actually a converted attic of a house with another group of renters in the main house below me). First I got stuck inside my bedroom for half an hour because of a jammed doorknob (of course my cell phone was out in the living room). Then I was locked out of my house because the lock on my front door was frozen. I stayed overnight with some friends and luckily it was un-frozen the next morning. I'm out of that apartment now so hopefully my troubles are behind me. Keep up the great work on the comic, and I'm looking forward to the fiction stories!

OH NO

Comment by Kiri (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 17:46

Man, for a second there, I thought Ananth had slammed the door onto his hand. D: I am glad this was not the case and that the crisis was averted!

I lol'd.

Comment by Emily (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 17:47

I'm still giggling as I type this.
I read both JW and GWS, and was very excited to see that you guys did a guest comic there. :)

NSFW

Comment by Emily Bennett (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 18:35

I totally didn't notice what the hatrack was until I saw the NSFW label here. *unobservant*

*slow clap*

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 19:17

Truly... an epic slam.

omg, I'm going to

Comment by dande (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 21:51

omg, I'm going to Connecticon! I'M SO EXCITED

Bathroom

Comment by Catherine (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 23:56

Oh man, I hate when that happens. Once I was over my friend's house and I got locked in the bathroom. After jiggling the handle for a bit, the door knob came off in my hand. I was stuck in there for a good 15 minutes or so. :P CURSE FAULTY DOOR KNOBS!!!

Hello! I found you guys

Comment by Luli (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 00:31

Hello! I found you guys through QC and GWS, and read through your entire archive last night. I already love you guys! Keep on writin' and drawin' awesome comics. :)

GWS Brought Me Here

Comment by Al aka El Negro Magnifico (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 01:01

Hi! I dig your comic so much, I wrote a blog post (I guess that ranks as a form of high praise in this day n' age. :D)!

I too

Comment by Mu (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 08:53

am from the by ways of QC& GWS.

Also, as i've already read through your repertoire, do you happen to know the webcomic.. I can't for the life of me remember its name, buuut..

A girl opens up a comic book shop just to catch the eye of another comic book shop owner, and the boy comes and works for her aand she has some girl that falls in love with her.. catch any drift? I can't fiiind iiit.. *sadface*

But, on another note, this comic has become another of my dailys <3

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 09:49

Is the door backwards? O.o

Comment by Kaitlyn (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 11:25

Is the door backwards? O.o

Love your work :) Might want

Comment by Robert (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 12:39

Love your work :)

Might want to update your GWS link tho--their main page has moved on without you!

Wow.

Comment by Jade Carver (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 13:07

Spent all night reading the archives :) you guys ROCK.

Hope Yuko's eye is feeling better! Also totally unrelated, but I'm pretty sure Rook might be part rag doll. My cat is pure rag doll and she's placid, affectionate, vocal and has all these odd little idiosyncracies. A lot of the comics about Rook had me going, "OMG, Mei Mei does that!"

Anyway, made it to the front page, now I can do to bed. Zzzzzzz.

Is infinite excellence so much to ask?

Comment by Jenny Creed (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 13:32

My first thought on reaching the end of the comic's archive. I wish there was more of it!

(Which means you're doing it right.)

I really like it. Every part of it, the close-knit community you guys seem to have and are willing to share with the world, the dinosaurs, the puns, the silly adventures, the pets, the artistry, especially on the color pages, the whimsical fantasy, the, um, something cleverly analytical.

So, well, one more reader for you!

Heh, this just happened to

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 13:33

Heh, this just happened to me yesterday...

Y'know what I just realized?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 21:05

The style and positioning of the characters in the panels is vaguely reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes. I had been wondering why it seemed so familiar, but that second-to-last panel really hits home.

Why is it that everything

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/08/2010 - 07:49

Why is it that everything Ananth touches ends up getting destroyed?

Can't find it now =(

Comment by Kimmy (not verified) Sun, 07/25/2010 - 12:47

I came here through GWS, and thought I didn't read the whole archive in one night (a grad student has to provide maannnny opportunities for distraction - can't use them all up in one night!) I am just now finishing the archive.
I went back to GWS to see the original comic that brought me here, but now I can't find it!! Does anyone know where it is? I even checked the guest strip section, but couldn't find it there either! Help?
In other news, I LOVE Johnny Wander!!! <3

argh...

Comment by Kimmy (not verified) Sun, 07/25/2010 - 12:48

*though
This is why we proofread things...rawrrr....

At least it'd be hard to

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Mon, 07/26/2010 - 17:18

At least it'd be hard to rob...

Omg

Comment by Alexz (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 22:28

Omg that happened to me too- but it was the front door

Guest strip...? ...Where?!

Comment by MIB4u (not verified) Sun, 08/28/2011 - 13:12

A perma-link to that GWS guest strip would be cool... I can't find it...

jacket

Comment by Abby (not verified) Sat, 01/14/2012 - 23:54

Does Ananth always wear a jacket because I thought it was supposed to be hot out?