Cooked Cat

Cooked Cat

Thu, 07/08/2010 - 14:04 by Ananth in response to thermometer cat

RE: Busted Images

Hey guys! We're looking into the problem, I think it's on our host's side. Getting it resolved as quickly as possible, thanks for the heads up! If you can give us a rundown of what isn't working for you and what browser you're using, that would be great. Thanks!

Rook was pretty miserable the past few days - I guess fur will do that to you during a heatwave. He was trying everything to cool off, and Yuko was wetting him down from time to time, but we finally tossed him into the tub and hosed him down. Rook hated it, but he was cheery for the rest of the day. Actually, towards the end of yesterday he finally discovered a perch next to our newly installed A/C unit (thanks George!), and he was quite content.

Today the weather has finally cooled off, so we're all relaxing and getting back to 100% work capacity. Any unfulfilled orders are being shipped out today - most of you should be getting tracking numbers, so keep an eye out. ;)

Lastly I've read a couple of books, recently! Elizabeth Peter's Crocodile on the Sandbank, Mariko Koike's Cat in the Coffin, and Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay. Crocodile is especially cute and features Victorian-era lady adventurer Amelia Peabody in Egypt. Cat in the Coffin is a quick read, but will by the end have you in a grip of vague dread. The winner of the three, though, is Kavalier & Clay, which I finished about ten minutes ago - WWII, the Golden Age of comics, Fredric Wertham and the trials of two young men tumbling through it all. The Chicago Tribune has it right - "with sentences so cozy they'll wrap you up and kiss you goodnight." Couldn't recommend it more, especially if you like comics!

We'll be at Connecticon this weekend! Come say hey! :D We should have some new stuff with us, in addition to our usual tees and prints.

Comments

aww, no comic

Comment by blubby (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 03:48

Since most of the readers with problems seam to be windows (and some mac) user I just wanted to give you heads up that it doesn't work on Ubuntu 10.04 either. My browser is Firefox 3.6.6.
And by the way: I love your comic!

can't see images from comic

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 04:03

can't see images from comic 169 up to current day comics :( everything previous to 169 is visible though. using firefox, on a mac.

Firefox 3.6.6, no comic :'(

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 04:28

Firefox 3.6.6, no comic :'(

Firefox 3.6.6 - no comic,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 04:52

Firefox 3.6.6 - no comic, everything else loaded quickly

Viewing the comic on the

Comment by jules (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 05:18

Viewing the comic on the latest version of Firefox gets me the same results as attempting to view the comic on IE and Google Chrome:

I see the title of the comic, and the blog entry/title (and user comments), but not the actual image of the comic itself. I tried to go back a few entries in the comic archives, but none of the previous comics are showing up either. :(

RE: Busted Images

Comment by Jeppe (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 05:32

The problem for me right now is that I can't see any of the comic images, not only the most recent but not any of the older comics either. I'm using Mozilla/5.0 on Intel Mac OS X 10.5.
Hope you guys fix it soon, it's sad when technological problems get in the way of your wonderful comic!

opera 10.60

Comment by Anon (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 05:33

opera 10.60

showing up to comic 181

Godspeed <3

The comic won't load, the

Comment by Dustin (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 06:56

The comic won't load, the rest of the site does though.

I'm on Firefox 3.6.6

I can see everything except

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 07:44

I can see everything except the comic for now, and I'm on Linux 10.04, browsing on Chromium.

Comic not displaying :(

Comment by Nisha (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 08:28

OS: Ubuntu 10.04
Browser: Firefox 3.6.6

No comic.. Otherwise the page works fine.

Images

Comment by Emily (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 08:29

Hey guys, using Firefox 3.0.10 on a Mac, and it looks like the most recent 5 comics aren't showing up, but the rest of the comics seem to be fine.

Safari 4.0.5 - no Comic

Comment by Another fan (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 08:56

Everything loads except the image for the comic. There isn't even a small blue question mark thing. just the title then the rant. like you forgot to post the comic at all.
I'm using Safari 4.0.5 on a Mac

No Comics for the last five days

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 09:05

Opera 10.60 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 no comic today, and the last five days don't show up either. Everything was working fine yesterday morning for me though.

no comic, latest firefox

Comment by Asitaka (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 09:17

Using ubuntu with the latest midori and firefox, no image, but can read the posts.

Nonfunctioning parts:

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 09:25

The comic part of the last 5 comics (169 - 173) are not showing up. All the other parts of the site seem to work, except for those 5 in the Archives section.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.10) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10

Windows XP

Chrome 5.0.375.86 - no comic

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 09:27

Also using Opera 10.5. It seems that the cat really cooked the image.

!

Comment by Kuro (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 09:33

Amelia Peabody! I love those books!

Browser Help

Comment by Elise (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 09:49

I tried using Firefox 3.6.6, Chrome 5.0.375.99, and IE 8.0.6001.18702. No luck! I'm running Windows XP pro 5.1. Hope this helps!

bork bork bork bork bork bork borken images.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 10:00

I've tried on both Firefox and Chrome.
I'm running on Windows 7.
and it's just the comic strips, everything else looks fine.

Comic no worky :C

Comment by Ludicrouscupcake (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 10:37

I have the latest version of firefox, and everything loaded fine and quickly--except for the comic! :c not even the alt text would show up. I'm a regular reader; where are my JW lols? ; -;

Re: Busted Images

Comment by JacaByte (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 10:38

Now everything works up to page 181. Sadness! :(

Google Chrome has a severe dearth of comics...

Comment by Ashby (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 10:48

In chrome, nothing from "Everything is Uncomfortable" to "Temperature Cat" is unviewable, even in the archive. Hope it helps...

Just the images loading for

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 11:09

Just the images loading for me, I'm using mozilla firefox. I saw it just a few days ago, I wonder what happened...

Broken Comics

Comment by Lore (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 11:47

The last 5 comics are not working for me. Using Firefox 3.6.6.

Great comic btw, looking forward to more.

Keep up the good work!

-Lore

IE 8.0.7, Windows 7

Comment by Cass (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 11:47

The comics work up to 06/22/10, as near as I can tell. After that they don't show up. I use IE 8.0.7. Amusingly, I checked the site yesterday (usually only check on Wednesdays and Fridays) and it was working a-okay.

the picture just simply

Comment by tim (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 12:05

the picture just simply isn't loading, i'm running FireFox 3.6.6 and i'm running windows 7 x86

although i already know the comic is going to be good, you always do a great job with it. so keep up the good work!!!!

I can see every image except

Comment by brumagem (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 12:08

I can see every image except the comic, running latest firefox on W7

Amelia Peabody

Comment by Terri (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 12:17

Those books are so great! And there's like a million of them. If you like the adventures that Amelia and Emerson get into, continue to follow the books. Elizabeth Peters is still alive and kicking out books all the time, so it's good. She's got a doctorate in like Ancient Egyptian studies or something like that, so she knows what she's talking about. But, yeah, good stuff.

Hot cat is hot

Comment by Pupsqueak (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 12:44

I'm having problems with seeing the comic too (latest version of firefox on Windows XP), but since you're working on it, I'll also leave a comment on your cooked cat lol

My cat is a semi-long hair (she's technically a short hair, but she's very very shaggy,) so she gets really hot in the summer. Probably not as hot as your boy, but hot enough to have her shaved - and she looks really silly afterwards!!

page errors

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 13:27

Internet explorer--Main image doesn't show

The comic wont show up- I'm

Comment by ButterflyNebula (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 13:33

The comic wont show up- I'm on Firefox.

No comic image for 182 -

Comment by Sidka (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 14:00

No comic image for 182 - 185
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.10) Gecko/20100504
Add-ons: Stylish (1) & Adblock Plus

(1) #leaderboard, #squareAd, #featuredprofilerounded, #marketingcontent, #googleadtest_A, #home_sponsor_nile, #ad, #marketplace, #tkn_medrec, #sponsoredLinks, #marketing, #googlead2, #tkn_adspecial2, .banner, #tkn_skyscraper, #tkn_googleads, #sidebar_ads, .banner-chapter, #google_ads_frame1, #google_ads_frame2, #northbanner, #google_ads_div_ff_text_728x90_bottom, .googleafc, #tkn_leaderboardband, .adspot, #ads, #ban_bottom, #ban, .adBox, .ad_wrapper_fixed, #video_module_wrap, div#tb, div#menubox {display:none !important;}
p {text-indent:1em;
text-align:justify;}

It seems that Google Chrome

Comment by T9SayWha (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 14:07

It seems that Google Chrome is suffering the same image problem. Bummer :(

wget on Ubuntu

Comment by bv (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 15:02

The <div class="field field-type-image field-field-comic-image"> that contains the comic is not loading.

missing comics

Comment by Shauna (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 15:04

Using firefox(I don`t remember which version, fairly sure it`s the latest as it was downloaded recently) I can`t see the comic.

Upon looking at the page source info the image isn`t not showing up, there`s no code for the actual image. Maybe there`s a problem involving the CSS, though everything else about the page is working so maybe not...

Experiencing problems as

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 15:10

Experiencing problems as well! I use Chrome in Windows Vista. Hope you figure it out soon! Good luck!

East coast here -

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 15:11

East coast here - Michigan
No comic displayed but all else is ok. Was ok yesterday.

I'm going to agree that it must be a locale/host thing - since all browser testing (IE/FF/Opera/Chrome) gives the same result.

No image

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 15:44

Checked and I can see 181, but none of the comics leading up to today.
Using firefox.

I can't see the comic and I

Comment by historygeek (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 15:52

I can't see the comic and I am using Internet Explorer.

No Comic Image

Comment by Shadowrider (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 19:23

Anything past the sheddingest cat comic is not showing up. Can see the comic title, but comic image is not there. Images in the blog part seem to be working properly.
Running Windows Vista Home, Firefox v3.6.6. Tried switching to IE via IETab and get the same results.

Same as above; I'm using

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 19:29

Same as above; I'm using firefox on max osx, and I can't see any images. :[

No Image

Comment by Hana (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 20:04

Firefox

I hope this helps!

Comment by anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 20:20

I'm using Firefox 3.6.6, and Windows Vista. The images aren't showing :(
The heat is absolutely UNBEARABLE. My bedroom has an air conditioner, though, so I've been alright.

so hawt! - Hydration

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 20:57

TLDR - try putting some ice cubes in his water supply? =)

You've probably read in books and stuff how cats can have a hard time hydrating, since they are used to DRINKING THE BLOOD OF THEIR FALLEN PREY and so forth. And by and large, dry kibbles don't bleed.

So I got one of those water fountain type thingies. My bombay/aby loves it, but that might be because she grew up around one.

Anyway, back when I was still living in DC, I was living ground floor, facing an interior courtyard, surrounded on all four sides by at least 13 stories. In short, there was no air flow. At all. If i didn't have the ac running, the temp hit 90 within the hour. Even when it was snowing outside.

So lo and behold, on a super hot DC summer, my ac broke. For a bout a month -_-. Lisa, my cat (same bombay, abynissian, domestic mix that rook looks like) wasn't very happy, and seemed to like it every time i opened the fridge to get some ice (note: i've heard stories of kittens hopping in when no one is looking and getting stuck inside!)... so i added some ice to her water fountain. It seemed to improve her mood a bit, and she drank more frequently as well.

=)

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/09/2010 - 23:30

it worked yesterday for me but today it doesn't.
i use google crome.

I'm using the latest version

Comment by Kinoko (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 02:08

I'm using the latest version of Chrome, and the images for 182 onwards are not showing up for me, but everything before that is fine.

Hope you guys get it sorted soon! I miss you!

Images (since you asked)

Comment by Aes (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 02:53

Opera 10.53, not seeing the comic. Everything appears as normal.

Keep up the great work, guys. I love your comic, since you seem like some long-lost best friends of mine but totally not in a creepy stalker way. XD

Hope everything gets sorted soon!

~Aes

using safari 5.0 on a mac,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 03:36

using safari 5.0 on a mac, can't see the last 5 comics.

I am seeing everything but

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 03:47

I am seeing everything but the comics on all pages.

Safari 3.1.1 on MACOS 10.4.11

I'm getting the same

Comment by Jake (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 05:44

I'm getting the same problems as everyone else.

Firefox 3.6.3
Mac OS X 10.5.8

I wish you the best of luck sorting things out! I assure you your readership will be patient and understanding.