Cooked Cat

Cooked Cat

Thu, 07/08/2010 - 14:04 by Ananth in response to thermometer cat

RE: Busted Images

Hey guys! We're looking into the problem, I think it's on our host's side. Getting it resolved as quickly as possible, thanks for the heads up! If you can give us a rundown of what isn't working for you and what browser you're using, that would be great. Thanks!

Rook was pretty miserable the past few days - I guess fur will do that to you during a heatwave. He was trying everything to cool off, and Yuko was wetting him down from time to time, but we finally tossed him into the tub and hosed him down. Rook hated it, but he was cheery for the rest of the day. Actually, towards the end of yesterday he finally discovered a perch next to our newly installed A/C unit (thanks George!), and he was quite content.

Today the weather has finally cooled off, so we're all relaxing and getting back to 100% work capacity. Any unfulfilled orders are being shipped out today - most of you should be getting tracking numbers, so keep an eye out. ;)

Lastly I've read a couple of books, recently! Elizabeth Peter's Crocodile on the Sandbank, Mariko Koike's Cat in the Coffin, and Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay. Crocodile is especially cute and features Victorian-era lady adventurer Amelia Peabody in Egypt. Cat in the Coffin is a quick read, but will by the end have you in a grip of vague dread. The winner of the three, though, is Kavalier & Clay, which I finished about ten minutes ago - WWII, the Golden Age of comics, Fredric Wertham and the trials of two young men tumbling through it all. The Chicago Tribune has it right - "with sentences so cozy they'll wrap you up and kiss you goodnight." Couldn't recommend it more, especially if you like comics!

We'll be at Connecticon this weekend! Come say hey! :D We should have some new stuff with us, in addition to our usual tees and prints.

Comments

I don't want to toot my horn, but I'm using Linux

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 06:06

And it's not Ubuntu. I don't care about broken images though.

i needdddd jw

Comment by Tunnelingcat (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 08:33

Every comic after "the sheddingest cat" doesn't show up for me.
i'm using opera, one update behind. running windows vista (to my displeasure...)

Aw :(

Comment by Nick (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 09:23

Can't see anything past "the sheddingest cat" either. I'm using the current version of Google Chrome and SeaMonkey on Win7. Hope everything works out alright.

=C

Comment by aini (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 09:41

no comix for me either, i'm on google chrome 5.0.375.70 and vista (yes, i am a slow turtle when it comes to tech) =C hope u resolve it soon

Last comic I can access is

Comment by Maxine MagicFox (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 10:07

Last comic I can access is 622 (the one with Rook, the chair, and a furry Yuko).

Using Firefox on Windows XP. Latest version (at least that annoying pop up message "download latest version hasn't appeared recently, haha).

Nothing else spiffy being used that I know of.

:( Good luck with the problem and I hope this info helps.

I am using Chrome but can't

Comment by Rhea (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 11:10

I am using Chrome but can't get the images to work in IE either. :C

Comic Conundrum

Comment by Crimson (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 11:15

I can't see any comics from after:

The sheddingest cat
Tue, 06/22/2010

up until the most recent. I am using FireFox, also hoping it gets ficksed soon, 'cause I really like your comic.

~

Comment by Boom!TNT (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 16:12

i can't see the comic, and i'm on firefox.

Errors

Comment by Andymous (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 16:29

My current browser is Firefox, and the comic itself is not visible from #182 and following. Everything else appears fine, but it seems that everyone is having different results.

Using google chrome on

Comment by E (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 18:00

Using google chrome on windows vista. not able to see any comics.

Curious....

Comment by Snickerdoodle (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 20:31

Heya,
I found Johnny Wanderer a couple of months ago and have been following ever since.
(I loved your comic about the birds, There are pair of Barred Owls that live on the property and to see one who was so cuddly made me smile.)

I'm posting for the first time because today I found an old webcomic of Yuko's called Fallen.
I had actually found it years ago and read through it enjoying it thoroughly but because it hadn't been updated in such a long time I bookmarked it and than forgot about it.
Today though I refound it and realized that the creator was the one and only Yuko!!

So now I have this burning desire to know if Yuko will ever go back to it?

I scanned through her livejournel just little bit but never found a post about the webcomic and if she'll ever return to it.

If this has already been addressed, discussed and resolved than I am so sorry for bringing it back up!!

Thank you for the great stories and lovely art. :3

(sorry, this post got out of hand.>.<)

Yeeahh !

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 20:59

I'm on chrome, but I also checked with explorer
It's just the image that isn't visible, from 'the sheddingest cat' onwards; which is weird because I used to be able to see up to and including 'oh look free sandwiches'
aanyway, good luck with fixing it, I look forward to seeing it again!

Last 5 comic images

Comment by Geoff (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 21:35

Last 5 comic images missing.
Chrome 5.0

Borked Image

Comment by Nekhs (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 22:25

I tried firefox, Internet Explorer 8, and IE8 - 64 bit. I wanna see the picture-bits! :(

A Question Regarding the Store

Comment by Arcc (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 22:57

Dear Ananth and Yuko:

If I sent you a picture of how well-loved-into-very-small-pieces my Phoenix Down shirt was, would it possibly move your hearts enough to consider reprinting?

The images aren't loading

Comment by Hawk (not verified) Sat, 07/10/2010 - 23:33

The images aren't loading for me either.

Firefox 4.0 Beta 1

OS X 10.5.8

Not loading on Safari, Opera or Chrome either. Hope this helps, mate!

Doing a great job on the comic, by the way!

Hey, I'm using Firefox and I

Comment by Dani (not verified) Sun, 07/11/2010 - 01:27

Hey, I'm using Firefox and I can't see any of the comics. All the other pictures are fine, though :)

When will it be fixed?

Comment by PiRatCollective (not verified) Sun, 07/11/2010 - 01:32

Still can't see the page...
Firefox 3.6.6 Windows 7 64-bit
It's probably not browser or os based anyways...some idiot probably deleted the files by accident...you have a backup?

hmm...

Comment by Lauranne (not verified) Sun, 07/11/2010 - 06:37

firefox-latest safari-lastest on mac

It's getting worse. Thursday the only thing wrong with the entire site was the newest comic was missing, but now the 5 newest ones are missing.

The last 5 comics aren't

Comment by Dr. Sakuya, PhD (not verified) Sun, 07/11/2010 - 19:32

The last 5 comics aren't loading for me. Also, using Firefox v3.5.10 on Windows XP Professional v2002 SP3

Comic broken

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 07/11/2010 - 19:58

Using Firefox, not working for me. The Three Panel Soul comics are also not working for me, I wonder if you guys are having the same issues as they are.

Chrome 5.0.375.99 Can't see

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 07/11/2010 - 23:08

Chrome 5.0.375.99

Can't see any of the comics from comic 182 on.

Image, what image?

Comment by C.O. (not verified) Sun, 07/11/2010 - 23:16

Using Firefox 3.6.6 here, but I have the same issue with Internet Explorer. The background of crows, the banner, all that works but the comic itself is missing. It sounds like a Rook comic, and I love the Rook comics, I really want to see.

I'm using google chrome, and

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 00:21

I'm using google chrome, and the only thing on the page I can't see are the comics themselves.

Using IE8

Comment by A.A. (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 02:23

It's been a few days and I can't see anything yet... I hope this can be resolved soon!

Re: Re: Busted images

Comment by Barny Boo (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 03:21

As of this ungodly hour (4:17 am on what was a Sunday and now must be Monday) Firefox still doesn't show me comics. Which is a shame because Rook comics always make me laugh out loud. Good luck guys! Hope the con was rawesome.

If there already has been banter about the problem I raised/how to fix it, you'll forgive me for not scrolling through the hundred-some-odd previous posts. Again, I refer you to the ungodliness of the hour.

Re: Busted images

Comment by Haystack (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 07:29

Using firefox 3.6.6.

Looking at your HTML, I'd definitely have to agree that your issue is server-side. The afflicted pages have no link to the missing comics whatsoever, and trying to directly navigate to the missing comics (for instance http://www.johnnywander.com/files/comics/170.jpg) gives your "Page not found" page.

My wild guess would be either A) the image files don't exist anymore, or B) that they don't have the right permissions set.

Best of luck fixing the problem

I suspect the images were

Comment by Mike (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 08:37

I suspect the images were renamed, as 172.jpg links to a comic.

RE: busted images... HTML source

Comment by Johnny Macaroni (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 08:17

I'm with Haystack on this one...
The HTML source shows a blank between the end of "DIV id=content area" and the start of "DIV id=navtop" where you'd normally have "DIV id=field etc. etc." and the image for the post.
Using Firefox 3.6.6 - visiting from Australia (...where?).

Last 5 comics also not

Comment by Ezri (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 08:19

Last 5 comics also not display for me - using Opera v 10.60

In both Chrome and Opera,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 09:25

In both Chrome and Opera, there is no image. Not even a little box of a failed image. Just, nothing.

Call and...

Comment by Niall (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 10:52

Response: I use Safari. No images are showing, even the images I've seen before. Hope this helps! :)

I am using IE8 and Mozilla

Comment by Luli (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 12:52

I am using IE8 and Mozilla Firefox 3.6.6. I can see everything up to 181. Hope you guys can fix it soon :)

Offering my space if u need it

Comment by Nemo (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 13:01

Hi there!

I see that you still have problems after long time... If anything, I have a -mostly- idle hosting and a bunch of unused sub-domains, so if u want, you can post your comic there while you fix things up. Yes, for free, no strings attached :) I love your work and I'll love to help.

Send me an email if you want the space!

About the non-working images:

Comment by William Righetti (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 13:37

Yeah it still isn't working for me on my browser either. I get the title of the comic and the date posted but no image. I am running Firefox (updated about a week ago now) on Windows Vista, Home Edition. Good luck with the fixes.

One last thing:

Comment by William Righetti (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 13:40

The archives look visible till comic 168. After that, all blanks. Thanks! (Hey that rhymed!)

Hey Guise

Comment by Ami (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 14:21

The images appear to be back up for me. Firefox and all. I'll have another go around with it but as I said, appears to be up and running. Congrats guys. You survived the 2K10 Summer Crisis Of Comic Proportions.

yay the comics up :D

Comment by Zeph (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 14:35

yay the comics up :D

Yay, I can finally see

Comment by peacememories (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 14:46

Yay, I can finally see something *is happy now*
Great comic as always - and poor Rook of course =)

YAY

Comment by Alberto (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 14:49

I'm so glad the comics are back up. Life is good.

works now, Yaaaay!!

Comment by haden (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 15:15

the comics show up!
horray!

Good thing...

Comment by darth_franny (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 15:25

...Rook doesn't live in the Philippines. It's always like 27 degrees centigrade here, and that's a cool day.

yay

Comment by SnakeWaffle (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 16:50

IT WORKS! THANK GOD IT WOKS!

I can finally see the comic!

Comment by Jonno (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 17:04

I can finally see the comic!

All green.

Comment by Skie (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 18:01

Comic visible.

All systems? Green.
All felines? Soaked.

Get Back, Soggy Cat

Comment by Razor (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 18:27

My mom's ragdoll (siamese/himalayan mix) Yoshi is such a fluffy boy...When he was a young cat we had a few really hot summers. He started acting really strange so we put him in the sink and wet him down (the scars are pretty well gone now ;) ). Poor baby looked like a drowned rat; he is probably 75% fur...we got really worried because he didn't groom his fur back into place so we took him to the vet. He was quickly on the mend but we still watch him during our hot weeks--usually around Labor Day.

LOL I love how Yuko conveys Rook's distaste with just that flattening of his eyes. Perfect.

Oh hey, it's working now

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 19:57

I can see the comic now. Using Google Chrome. My cat, Wasabi, has a thick coat, and never tolerated heat well. We can tell when he gets too hot when he sleeps in the sink. Then we shave him and he ignores us for the next three days.

I'm still using Linux

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 22:30

Just want you all to know. BTW it's not Ubuntu.

It's working now! Hilarious!

Comment by William Righetti (not verified) Mon, 07/12/2010 - 22:42

Please refer to subject line. :-)

I see the light! And it's fuzzy and adorable!

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 00:34

Yay the comic's back up!
It's weird that all over the country people are boiling in 100+ degree weather. Meanwhile up here in Northwest Washington we're getting a few really nice warm days scattered with "WTF rain and wind AGAIN?!"