Cooked Cat

Cooked Cat

Thu, 07/08/2010 - 14:04 by Ananth in response to thermometer cat

RE: Busted Images

Hey guys! We're looking into the problem, I think it's on our host's side. Getting it resolved as quickly as possible, thanks for the heads up! If you can give us a rundown of what isn't working for you and what browser you're using, that would be great. Thanks!

Rook was pretty miserable the past few days - I guess fur will do that to you during a heatwave. He was trying everything to cool off, and Yuko was wetting him down from time to time, but we finally tossed him into the tub and hosed him down. Rook hated it, but he was cheery for the rest of the day. Actually, towards the end of yesterday he finally discovered a perch next to our newly installed A/C unit (thanks George!), and he was quite content.

Today the weather has finally cooled off, so we're all relaxing and getting back to 100% work capacity. Any unfulfilled orders are being shipped out today - most of you should be getting tracking numbers, so keep an eye out. ;)

Lastly I've read a couple of books, recently! Elizabeth Peter's Crocodile on the Sandbank, Mariko Koike's Cat in the Coffin, and Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay. Crocodile is especially cute and features Victorian-era lady adventurer Amelia Peabody in Egypt. Cat in the Coffin is a quick read, but will by the end have you in a grip of vague dread. The winner of the three, though, is Kavalier & Clay, which I finished about ten minutes ago - WWII, the Golden Age of comics, Fredric Wertham and the trials of two young men tumbling through it all. The Chicago Tribune has it right - "with sentences so cozy they'll wrap you up and kiss you goodnight." Couldn't recommend it more, especially if you like comics!

We'll be at Connecticon this weekend! Come say hey! :D We should have some new stuff with us, in addition to our usual tees and prints.

Comments

Yay, Comic

Comment by blubby (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 02:19

I don't think I ever was so excited to see one of your comics and I definitely am not disappointed :-) Great comic, keep up the good work"

FIXED

Comment by 1d30 (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 03:03

OMG I can see the Rook Temp comic. Sweet.

Images no longer broken!

Comment by Erin (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 09:13

At last, I can read last week's comic. Whew. Glad to see it's fixed.

I don't think the issue is

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 10:10

I don't think the issue is with Firefox, I see it at work but not at home. At home the difference is I have no-script and adblock. I'll have to try clearing my cache when I get home. That's often the culprit.

Do you guys have a con appearance schedule? I'd like to hit one someday but I can never tell who's going to be where.

Comics seem to be back. =)

Comment by Sidka (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 10:28

Comics seem to be back. =)

Yay!

Comment by C.O. (not verified) Sat, 07/17/2010 - 04:37

Yay! It's working again and Rook was worth the wait. The comic is adorable, but poor hot kitteh.

Yesss!! >:3

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Sun, 07/18/2010 - 10:57

I loled so hard~ poor kitty bottoms <3 He needs lovings and a fan!

I never learned farienheit and probably never will...

Comment by Porkins (not verified) Fri, 06/15/2012 - 04:51