Back from Connecticon!

Back from Connecticon!

Tue, 07/13/2010 - 15:13 by Ananth in response to when it rains

There were a few mishaps when we arrived in Hartford, but after our initial hazing everything went pretty smoothly. This past weekend we met a lot of folks, including Ryan Sohmer and Lar Desouza of Least I Could Do / Blind Ferret fame. They and their crew are very welcoming (and treated us to dinner!) - looking forward to crossing paths with them again in Montreal! I gotta say, I was impressed with how efficient they are. Ryan was very forthcoming with tips and info, and I really appreciated that!

This past weekend was also a big success for Super Art Fight, which pulled the biggest crowd ever! Yuko won her bout against Yellow Peril's Jamie Noguchi ... that's going to make it awkward when we share a table at SPX

There are plenty of tees in the store, but this coming week we'll also be adding bookmarks and cell phone charms! Keep an eye out on Thursday.

That's all for us! We'll see you in a few days!

Comments

Elevator Shaft Spelunking?

Comment by Skie (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 15:36

I trust that they closed the elevators... Unless they offered a free poncho to anyone willing to ride them.

As for the Super Art fight... What sort of crushing creations (and vuvuzelas) did Yuko use for victory? Maws? Basilisks? Rook? Or something more amazing? I, certainly, can't be the only one who is curious. (I wish I had been there, to be honest).

Defeat of the Puppy Cow

Comment by Diomedes (not verified) Wed, 07/14/2010 - 00:22

A stunning combination of Wind Waker characters, an evil deer, a carnivorous letter "G", a ton of emo haircuts, and a lone maw defeated The Angry Zen Master and his puppy cows.

Wow...

Comment by C.D. Reimer (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 18:20

How many extraterrestrials were staying at your hotel anyway? No wonder there was a waterfall in the elevator.

Y'know

Comment by Ben Hobson (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 20:19

That sounds like a perk t'me.

You are coming to Montreal ?

Comment by Tayxn (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 21:48

You are coming to Montreal ? D: When, Where ?! (I would very much wish to actually see you authors once in person... and hopefully buy a goodie at the same time :P Johnny Wanders is awesome, but I can't exactly afford plane tickets and we have a strict order-from-the-internet policy, heh... otherwise I would have already ordered the bag from the Delilah story.)

How would that even sound?

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 21:53

The waterfall is actually a feature! It's for ambiance.
All they needed was Sonic Drowning Muzak, and BAM, you're right back to your younger years.

I can give proof that Yuko

Comment by SpotWeld (not verified) Tue, 07/13/2010 - 21:54

I can give proof that Yuko called down the Maw to guarantee victory:

Great match! It was excellent and epic to watch this year's bout!

I'm glad you guys had such a

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Wed, 07/14/2010 - 00:32

I'm glad you guys had such a great time! Hope to see you at Ohayocon in January!

Rematch!

Comment by Jamie Noguchi (not verified) Wed, 07/14/2010 - 08:12

Rematch! We will battle all SPX long at the table and art all over the place! PUPPY COW FTW!

HAH!

J/K. It was an awesome show. Thanks, Yuko, for kicking it off with me (and kicking my ass). SPX is gonna be hella good.

A waterfall...in the

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Wed, 07/14/2010 - 08:18

A waterfall...in the elevator? That sounds like the best summer action movie ever.

What a pain in the butt

Comment by TEi (not verified) Wed, 07/14/2010 - 09:38

We checked in sometime shortly after this happened, when the elevators were still not working. We needed to unload our baggage quickly, because the friend who had driven us into hartford is kind of a penny-pincher and didn't want to pay for actual parking. Our room was on the fifth floor, and we had just enough crap to require multiple trips between four people (because we were being bad people and had six people in our room). I swear, if I ever have to climb up five floors' worth of stairs in my life, it will be too soon. I'm overweight and out of shape, so after the third time up the stairs between the lobby and the fifth floor, I was ready to collapse.

It didn't help that I had to do it AGAIN because I'd locked ourselves out of the room...

Anyway. I saw you and Yuko on the way from the car to the check-in desk! I wanted to say hello, but I got really self-conscious about it and didn't know if it was an appropriate time.

Yeah, we had to do that run

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/15/2010 - 14:14

Yeah, we had to do that run up and down the steps a few times!

Any time is a good time, really! It's polite to let people finish their dinner or something, but feel free to flag us down if we're just walking around. :)

Attack of the Vuvuzelas!

Comment by Catherine (not verified) Wed, 07/14/2010 - 09:53

The art fight was freaking awesome! And how is it even possible that you got the World Cup and Vuvuzelas in one match?! That could not have been better! XD

omg i live in a town called

Comment by spira/selune (not verified) Wed, 07/14/2010 - 14:14

omg i live in a town called hartfor in the UK! XD dont suppose you got another vid of the super art fight? the last one was so awsome.

also waterfall-elevators? somehow i doubt itll catch on. could be asetheticly interesting concept though =^.^=

Hotel waterfall

Comment by fredrickevilcow (not verified) Mon, 07/19/2010 - 14:34

This happened at the hotel I work at (only minus the fire alarm!) The waterfall in the elevator made quite a mess!!

Time to find a new hotel

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Mon, 07/26/2010 - 17:19

Time to find a new hotel

There was a power outage

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Mon, 07/26/2010 - 17:20

There was a power outage when my mom was in Hawai'i, and the upstairs water didn't work...a lot of airport toilets were backed up too. I think she was relieved to get on the flight.

Better than MTAC...

Comment by Sally (not verified) Tue, 08/03/2010 - 13:04

The Nashville Flood happened on Sunday of MTAC. A lot of people ended up getting stranded for a couple extra days, but apparently it was pretty fun. :)
The elevator didn't flood, though. :<