Sometimes it just happens

Sometimes it just happens

Tue, 07/27/2010 - 19:41 by Ananth in response to the integral first step

And I don't get it!! I am just not the dancin' type, I guess. But John ... John gets it, he's all in his angry groove. He will dance you to death.

We'll have new prints up in the store at the end of the week - they are the two beach comics we had up earlier, the Cecilia and Delilah pieces. They're 8.5 x 11" glossy, on a heavy stock, and will be sold in a set! So that is pretty cool.

We don't have a lot in the way of announcements right now. Cool things are brewing, and we'll be able to share them soon I hope! See you on Thursday!

Comments

Do the D.A.N.C.E.

Comment by Joe Fox (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 19:44

I feel like this sometimes when I'm listening to music and trying to clean up my room or something - a certain song will pop up and I'll just be like "Time to pull out my totally awesome dance moves awww yesssssss" and kind of wiggle around in a totally not awesome way.

That's a track by Justice,

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 02:31

That's a track by Justice, right? Good track.

A few steps away

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 19:46

Yuko and John's mad dancing skills must intimidate Rook.
It's okay Rook! Get down with your bad self D<

If Rook relaxes enough to

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/29/2010 - 15:01

If Rook relaxes enough to dance, he'll probably take a nap instead!

NOW IS THE TIME ON SPROCKETS

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 19:49

Oh man

Comment by Flamma-Lea (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 20:08

Dance party time! That font is the best dancing font. If there is such a thing...now there is! Also that single foot move is the manliest of dances.

Rah Rah Rah-ah-ahh, Roma,

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 20:22

Rah Rah Rah-ah-ahh,
Roma, Roma-ma-ah,
GaGa, Ooh La La-ah,
Want your clean dishes

Spontaneous?

Comment by B-San (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 20:30

Haha! Dancing before doing a chore is the best.
"Hey, wash the dishes." "All right, lemme dance first."

Just Dance?

Comment by Amanda (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 21:11

Angry Dance? That's adorable!

Hey John, if you see this,

Comment by Cecil (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 21:11

Hey John, if you see this, What's your favorite song to dance to?

Dance of Cats

Comment by Sophie (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 21:39

I am somehow expecting Party Cat to pop up... cross-over opportunity?

I would really really really love to see some .gifs of you guys dancing. I imagine that would be meltingly adorable.

You are not alone

Comment by Zak (not verified) Thu, 07/29/2010 - 12:26

My first thought was also of Party Cat. Perhaps...no, it couldn't be. ROOK IS SECRETLY PARTY CAT???

Let's Dance, Boys!

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 21:42

Comic ideas.

Comment by Omnithea (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 21:59

What is it like in your household? Every 30 seconds "Ooh, that's going in the comic!!" Add someone doing Shaggy's dance from Scooby Doo.

Hah! I wish. Sometimes we've

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/29/2010 - 14:59

Hah! I wish. Sometimes we've got them thought out beforehand, and sometimes update time rolls around and we're thinking, " ... we did nothing interesting this week."

Bleep-bloop

Comment by nikko (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 22:07

well
I for one,

DANCE WHILE DOING THE DISHES.

be careful with those before

Comment by Ferret (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 22:08

be careful with those before dishes dance parties! I pulled a muscle in my tooshie dancing just yesterday.

Hahahaha oh man, John's face

Comment by Emi (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 22:17

Hahahaha oh man, John's face totally makes this panel for me.

Otakon?

Comment by Melissa (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 22:22

Hey are you guys going to be at Otakon?? Just wondering because you're in Maryland, right? And I would like to buy a Girl With the Skeleton Hand cellphone charm. But I want to buy it in person if possible. :)

We won't be, unfortunately!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/29/2010 - 15:00

We won't be, unfortunately! Possibly next year. This year brought us too many deadlines, unfortunately. We're actually in New York, but we'll be back in MD from September 11-12 for SPX.

Oh noes! I was really hoping

Comment by Kat (not verified) Thu, 07/29/2010 - 18:34

Oh noes! I was really hoping to see you guys there too, I've never been to it before.

Awww, well, maybe if I'm in MD visiting my sister in Sept I'll see you guys :)

Whoo! I <3 Dancin!

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 23:29

I HAVE to have music on when I clean. It gets me in a really good mood and I have fun with cleaning and such.

Anyways, will you guys be at Nekocon (Hampton, Virginia) This year?

Dancey Dance

Comment by The Prop Mistress (not verified) Tue, 07/27/2010 - 23:53

If I play music while doing chores, which is all the time, I dance while doing them. It's so hard not to! Dancing while cleaning is the best!

I just have to see this.

Comment by Joey (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 00:09

I demand of angry John dancing video. I just want to see if he looks as angry as he does in the comic.

I think sometimes I get

Comment by Spizzy (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 00:14

I think sometimes I get distracted by my music..but i can't dance or sing (and most music I listen to has no lyrics anyhow), so I end up pacing around awkwardly and galloping down the stairs instead.

as for the print set: AWESOME. But: is it going to be limited or open edition? I'd like to get it but now's a bad time so I wonder if this is just a one time opportunity?

Saftey first!!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 00:34

We can dance if we want to/
We can leave your dishes behind/
Cause your dishes don't dance/
And if they don't dance/
Well they're no dishes of mine

Just dance!

Comment by George S. (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 00:48

Long time lurker, first time commenter. Just want to say this just became one of the webcomics I love. Thanks so much guys.

Love Yuko's cute dance...specifically because that's how I often dance in real life. @_@

Awesome! So glad you dig.

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/29/2010 - 15:01

Awesome! So glad you dig. :D

Haha, her depiction is 100% true to life.

Peanuts

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 02:30

I dunno, it looks like a peanuts dance. You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

The thought of you

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 02:33

two dancing like that, is unbearably cute

I love John's angry

Comment by Foe (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 03:10

I love John's angry dance.... mwahaha!

I spontaneously burst into

Comment by Jarrod (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 05:53

I spontaneously burst into dance as well, my wife gets a kick out of it.

Also, I'd like to think John's angry dance isn't really angry at all, he's just so intensely focused on it :)

Focused like a laser!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/29/2010 - 15:01

Focused like a laser!

Dance Track...

Comment by Cameron (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 08:05

My sister and I do that, but sometimes we get in trouble for never actually cleaning the dishes and just dancing.
Tightrope by Janelle Monae... I have no choice but to dance whenever I hear it.

Janelle Monae, so so good!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/29/2010 - 15:02

Janelle Monae, so so good!

OMG I want a Delilah print

Comment by Jisuk (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 08:08

OMG I want a Delilah print so bad!

I gotta be honest

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 08:36

Of everything you've had on here, including the giant chicken that turns people to stone and Death going on a date, this - Pre-Dishes Dance Party - is probably the weirdest thing so far.

I'm with you buddy!!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/29/2010 - 15:02

I'm with you buddy!!

Sprockets

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 08:41

Now ist der time on Johnny Vander vhen ve DANCE!

So...

Comment by Júlia (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 12:34

This totally made me love John even more.

Shake your booties, guys!

When I saw John's angry robot dance

Comment by Nate (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 17:04

I immediately heard the song from Robot Unicorn Attack (Erasure - Always). The image of John doing the robot to that song is now forever burned into my brain. Not sure how I feel about that.

I am totally digging the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 17:35

I am totally digging the Yuko handflappy dance. Super fly!

Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 18:28

Dance-offs get violent when John steps into the ring XD
Random dance party is a yes. Join in Ananth! Show us your wicked moves!

There are no moves to speak

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/29/2010 - 15:02

There are no moves to speak of, sadly.

Dance

Comment by Bethanie (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 20:53

The last part is the best xD How they just poke there heads through the door way is so cute. How long does it take you guys to draw these comics?

What song was it???

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 21:04

that is one angry looking dance. Was it House of Pain - Jump Around? or Queen - We will rock You? Or....

Miley Cyrus - party in the usa/hoedown throwdown?????

My guess

Comment by Grugthejust (not verified) Thu, 07/29/2010 - 02:45

My guess, bossa nova classic "Girl from Ipanema."

John

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/29/2010 - 05:02

John is SO intense, ALL THE TIME! I love it!
Dance away, John.

awesome

Comment by Sgt_V3n0m (not verified) Thu, 07/29/2010 - 10:15

I think that the last frame would make an AWESOME tee. Though I wouldn't join you guys unless it's a rave party.

john is simply the best. the

Comment by lily (not verified) Thu, 07/29/2010 - 11:10

john is simply the best. the end