We can't help it

We can't help it

Tue, 08/03/2010 - 16:05 by Ananth in response to the same terrible wavelength

You'll also recall the Quesodillo. The Koalacanth is a prehistoric holdout, adapted to the deepest, darkest parts of the ocean so that it can hide its freakish visage. You really only want to hug the top half. Oh, and the new face is Lindsay, one of Conrad's new roommates! (There's a roommate shuffle going on - we'll do a follow-up comic at some point to clarify.)

Yuko finished the book she was working on! It's a Twisted Journeys book for Graphic Universe/Lerner Publishing - a choose-your-own-adventure that is half comic and half illustration. Not sure if we can talk about the content, but she just sent the pages off yesterday. Go Yuko! (Now on to the next book! YAAAaaayy ahh ... aw.)

The BEACH set prints are up in the store, if you are interested! They are adorable and ready to hang on your wall.

That's all from us! See you Thursday!

Comments

My sister and I pronounced

Comment by Sara (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 06:18

My sister and I pronounced this a similar way till we bothered to actually look up the fish and see how gross it looked (that's a really old fish). So glad to know we weren't the only ones! This strip has made life for us phonetically challenged infinitely better.

I do not believe I have ever

Comment by CactusLady (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 19:01

I do not believe I have ever been so simultaneously squeeful and terrified.

Oh man I love Animal

Comment by Jess (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 01:26

Oh man I love Animal Crossing.

Also, I have been calling it koal-a-canth for years, oops.

I caught one the other day, actually. I flipped out.

i love animal crossing... an

Comment by desu (not verified) Sun, 11/21/2010 - 11:46

i love animal crossing... an ur Koalacanth <3 *stars in eyes*

i have 3 cats (sandy, puppy, & pocket)
3 dogs (taz, lucy, & 13)
1 chinchilla (chi-chi like off of dragon ball z)
1 ferret (whiskers)

XD

i second the shirt :D

luv ur comics

Cute or disturbing?

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 23:17

I have decided that the koalacanth is cutesturbing: too cute to dislike, too disturbing to want. This contrasts my just-recently-coined terms discute (too disturbing to be cute) and cute (too cute to be solely disturbing). Unless one of those already exists, in which case I made it up hundreds of years ago on a time travel jaunt. You can't prove I didn't!