Basilisk keychains are in!

Basilisk keychains are in!

Fri, 08/06/2010 - 22:36 by Ananth in response to but bookshelves are heavy

You'll recall our bookshelf collapsing - these days our room is a shantytown of books. It was charming in its own way at first, but if I trip over one more pile of books I may build a bookshelf out of them.

Surprise! Puppy keychains! These were one of our biggest requests over the past couple of months, so I hope you're happy. Here it is:

Pretty cute! As an addendum - wow! You guys really like the BEACH print set! Only half of the limited run are left - I'll be shipping the next batch out first thing Monday, so if you're waiting you can expect a tracking number then.

That's all from us! Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

Comments

O_O So. Cute. I am

Comment by Djinni (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 00:15

O_O

So. Cute. I am immediately buying one.

Holy fluff!

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 00:53

That thing is adorable. . . D: I hope it won't turn me to stone. . .

One Idea

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 02:34

Instead of buying a new bookcase, try repairing the old one and making it into a coffee table. The horizontal storage of books would make it more stable. Really all you'd need is to get a glass top for it. It'd look classy.

Papermaster Yuko?

Comment by Jason (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 03:17

You, um, wouldn't happen to have telekenetic abilities to manipulate things made of paper, now, would you? It's either that or I've seen too much R.O.D. (Yomiko's room, nay, apartment is a book-jungle in that series).

damn you!

Comment by Heath (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 03:29

Damnit, you beat me to the RoD reference! 10 points!

Reminds me of the room of

Comment by Heath (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 03:28

Reminds me of the room of that character from Read or Die. Hehe

Help meeee...

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 14:19

lol and Shieske's (I know I spelled that wrong :/) room in Full Metal Alchemist.

This is just me being stupid

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 04:31

I noticed the "yuko is the tiniest" tag and that made me think: is she standing behind the mountain of books?

Bookshelves to save Yuko

Comment by Hoopajoo (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 07:43

Here are a couple of things that might help with your book invasion:

First, for the game room:

Then for the other rooms:

The Tetris bookshelves look cooler, but the Hungarian bookshelves appear to be more sturdy.
Now get in there before Yuko uses her power over paper to form a Basilisk to turn you into stone.

Bookshelves

Comment by Benjan (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 10:32

I have an awful lot of books myself, I do game design and the reference books alone are killers. what I have found to be useful and relatively cheap is I buy utility shelves from hardware stores. Stainless steel frame, light and easy to assemble, and they have a ridiculous storage capacity. if you want them to look pretty and be in the living room you can use wrapping paper or similar coverings on the shelves and frame and decorate it.

tl:dr shelves made to hold large blocks of engine parts can usually hold up books, they tend to be cheaper than normal shelves too.

Yup, books can cause a lot

Comment by Tundra (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 12:46

Yup, books can cause a lot of troubles (and, apparently, injuries). After I moved houses I had no bookshelves at all so it's a familiar battlefield for me. [But then the allmighty IKEA saved me...]

Oh, and yes - I've just read all the archives and I love the comic. It's fun to see that people across the ocean can have similar problems and adventures. Or just problems that you would never think of :)

The keychain is so cute, how

Comment by Bethanie (not verified) Sat, 08/07/2010 - 16:51

The keychain is so cute,
how do you guys make them?

Reminds me of my room... I

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Mon, 08/09/2010 - 00:16

Reminds me of my room... I bought a bookshelf from Lowe's and the damn thing is made out of particle board so the shelves are already bowed. Hopefully it doesn't collapse on me... Anyway the keychains are cute!

But I'm afraid of bats

Comment by Slenderman (not verified) Mon, 08/09/2010 - 00:25

Bookfort! Seriously, you

Comment by Marrock (not verified) Mon, 08/09/2010 - 08:41

Bookfort!

Seriously, you should build a bookfort if you have so many laying around, it'd be so cool.

PS NYBYGGE

Comment by Cameron (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 07:37

IKEA durable shelving unit! I've been looking around for furniture/shelves/stuff, and this looked pretty cool.

If it doesn't match your decor you could always paint it accordingly! Basilisk shelves anyone?
*Some assembly required.

That bookcase situation is

Comment by Bridge (not verified) Tue, 08/31/2010 - 21:31

That bookcase situation is something I swear will happen to me. I love books too much.

eybtlTTLWMZgpHXQm

Comment by Kailyn (not verified) Thu, 01/12/2012 - 05:57

At last some rtaionatily in our little debate.

xbPqbXgomXgkxPgRGI

Comment by gnunzr (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 04:38

k1IWY6 ttabjamyhfoq

two years too late

Comment by :) (not verified) Wed, 11/28/2012 - 23:52

Well....I wish I'd come across this comic a few years ago! If you still have bookshelf problems, though, gather some milk crates and use them - I've been using those for books and linens for a few years now. It's colorful and sturdy and freeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Also, by gather I obviously mean walk in back alleys behind restaurants and steal them....