GET 'IM!!

GET 'IM!!

Tue, 08/10/2010 - 17:25 by Ananth in response to battlecat

What you can't tell because Yuko draws everything mega cute is that that pigeon is so, so groady. New York pigeons, you groady!! It's a good thing we keep our windows closed, since we're on the 5th floor. Rook would probably knock the screens out. Anyway, Yuko wanted to do a study of Rook's pounce - it's begging to be made into an animated gif, is all I'm saying. Maybe I'll do that right now ... /hooky Okay okay tonight.

I haven't had a chance to update the sidebar, but BEACH prints are available in the store, along with brand new Basilisk keychains!

I think that's the last new stuff we'll be adding to the store until we get Johnny Wander Volume 1 in!

I haven't talked very much about it but I wanted to say something about the upcoming year. We've been very deliberately re-investing into upgrading our equipment - we bumped up our scanner (thanks Kayla/@dharma_punx!) and we both just recently upgraded our laptops. Come September we're hoping to be well-equipped enough to do color fiction comics more often. If you guys liked Girl with the Skeleton Hand, Delilah, and the Maidens stories then you'll be excited to hear that some of them have second parts written out that we're itching to bring to you. Fans of autobio don't need to worry - they won't be going anywhere! Just expect more of a balance.

See you Thursday!

Comments

Scott Pilgrim... on PSN...

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 17:28

Scott Pilgrim... on PSN... downloaded... kicking ass now... comic funny... Rook hilarious...

Haha this is a wonderful

Comment by Michael Jonathan (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 17:52

Haha this is a wonderful comic. I like that this can just played on loop, forever.

Just out of curiosity, what scanner did you guys bump up to?

Those cats, man..

Comment by Jimmy (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 17:53

I don't know what it is, but my cats always seemed to take forever setting up the pounce, like haunch..wiggle...wiggle...raise butt..wiggle..wiggle...make owner think you're in heat and about to spray some perfectly good furniture...POWWWWWWNCE! into a closed window.

aww...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 18:26

Did he do that whole chatter box thing?

Heh

Comment by Jason (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 18:31

I like how the bird isn't even fazed at all. Something tells me the flying lizard learns faster than the cat.

Reminds me of...

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 18:35

... my cat who was coming after this moth.

BUTT WIGGLE! XD

Comment by Bettina Marie (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 18:40

OMG! CUTE!!! XD

you GOTTA love the whole pre-pounce butt wiggle! XD LOL

And YAYS for upgrading equipment!!^,^V MAN! I hope to do that by the end of the year myself...well...at least upgrading from my 4.5 year old Dell laptop to a shiny new 22" iMac! Cause yea, am converting and SO can't wait...I needs the speed and power it possess to get my book work done...cause yea...Tokyopop is INSANE making us work at freakin 1200dpi on all black & white page work >,< UGH!!! So yea...FUN STUFFS! XD;;

And again...SO can't wait for JW vol 1!!! XD And of course more regular stories AND autobios! Cause am game for BOTH! XDehe

Oh dear.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 18:48

This cat is adorable. I swear. My cat does that, only to me, and the couch is the fridge. The evil thing just waits for me. The butt wiggle is perfection, though. XD

On a side note, pigeons get a bad rap, man. Most of what people call pigeons are actually doves, you know. You are insulting the national symbol of peace and beauty! How horrid! Your cat was also trying to eat it though, so i think it is less offended by you.

Pigeons

Comment by kaitou (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 19:51

Of course New York (and elsewhere) pigeons are groady; why do you think they call them "flying rats"?

Pigeons

Comment by Jay (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 20:08

I assume you know that pigeons are an imported animal, originally meant to be /food/ for us...

Stupid force field!

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 20:56

Heehee cute. Mighty Hunter Rook will have to settle for attacking toes from now on.

...Making GIF o.o

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 21:17

...Making GIF o.o

Bird: "Hn? Whutever."

Comment by batwing321 (not verified) Tue, 08/10/2010 - 23:09

Bird: "Hn? Whutever."

Wonderful, wonderful comic

Comment by Skye (not verified) Wed, 08/11/2010 - 01:32

Perfectly fitting for life around here, right now, too. We just got a new kitty in my house, and he's rather... Special. Ed. Not very cat-like either. He can't land on his feet. Makes me worry about him.

The term I believe you were

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 08/11/2010 - 01:39

The term I believe you were looking for, is "grotty," not "groady."

The more you know!™

No, the term meant is

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/12/2010 - 10:10

I animated it!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 08/11/2010 - 03:14

I wanted to see it as a gif and didn't want to wait! I hope you don't mind

New favorite page

Comment by Melissa Bee (not verified) Wed, 08/11/2010 - 11:26

I always love all of your updates, but of the whole comic archive this page has to be my new favorite. I had a black lab break a window once "chasing" squirrels, so I can relate :). Great job!

I'm excited for the upcoming book!

This reminds me of so many

Comment by AryCapricat (not verified) Wed, 08/11/2010 - 12:05

This reminds me of so many cat videos on youtube.

Bankruptcy impending :(

Comment by Bevam (not verified) Wed, 08/11/2010 - 12:58

I would pretty much like to buy out your whole store- the cuteness is killing me!! (but not as fast as starvation will kill me once I've spent all of my student loan money on t-shirts and keychains- I will hold you all directly responsible).

If NYC pidgeons could talk,

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Wed, 08/11/2010 - 13:52

If NYC pidgeons could talk, they'd probably all have a Brooklyn accent. Also, their ability to aim where they shit is quite amazing.

Battlecat

Comment by Dave (not verified) Wed, 08/11/2010 - 17:43

The title made me think this was going to be some kind of spoof of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe." I use the RSS feed so I see the title before I see the comic. Obviously, I was VERY wrong. This was a really good one, but I found myself strangely disappointed. :P

Daaawww!

Comment by CasualOtaku (not verified) Thu, 08/12/2010 - 00:44

Okay, I'm officially missing my kitty like mad now. Mine never hit the window, but then again mine was an indoor/outdoor cat so he did all his pouncing outside.

He only hit walls when he did that weird spaz out thing where they, for no reason humans can understand, do the butt wiggle then go tearing through the house.

Cats are masters of drama

Comment by Zehnoda (not verified) Thu, 08/12/2010 - 11:32

When I was a young lad my mom had this house cat, that would escape through this hole in the screen door (This cat could never survive outside so we kept her inside.) Until I fixed it. She went running at full speed from the other side of our house right into the screen. She walked off and pretended like nothing happened, but that had to hurt. She was always getting into stuff.

Kittens and keychains

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Thu, 08/12/2010 - 14:00

I'm so tempted to stalk you guys down just so I can get some Rook snuggles. ;w; (Not that you guys wouldn't be awesome to meet in your own rights fff)

Also I ordered a Puppy keychain, and I can't wait to get him! He might go right on my collar.

Gotta love the kitty butt-wiggle.

Comment by Ceylyn (not verified) Thu, 08/12/2010 - 16:04

I absolutely love your cat comics, they make me think of the kitties we have at our house - every single one of them. Our Gonta-like kitty always wiggles like that, but our other tabby acts exactly like Rook in almost every other way. He steals cookies and muffins, though. It's crazy. And adorable.

Silly Kitties.

My kitty's a pretty good

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/12/2010 - 17:19

My kitty's a pretty good hunter, which is both cool and unfortunate. Like, they're just doing what their instincts tell them too, and besides that they think a small dead thing makes an awesome gift, so you wanna praise them for it but at the same time it's sad that they killed something, not to mention the clean-up.

Also if the window is closed and he can't get outside but sees something he wants to hunt, he does this adorable high-pitched chittering thing that makes it sound like he's trying to be a bird.^^