New roommate!

New roommate!

Thu, 08/19/2010 - 19:01 by Ananth in response to yuko stop that

Our new roommate is Evan Dahm, who some of you might know from his works Rice Boy, Order of Tales, and most recently Vattu. Yuko is a fan! But luckily not one of those superfans that looks over you shoulder and asks questions and ... w-wait ... Welcome to NYC, Evan!

Regarding the bande dessinée: Thank you guys for all your recommendations, they were mega helpful. I was able to track some things down that will be great for our reference library. Some of you asked what I had picked up in Montreal - I only got two books, a Spirou anthology with a lot of different artists and snippets of stories, volume 1 of Flourent Maudoux's FREAKS SQUEELE, which is gorgeous. It was an impulse purchase, but one that I thankfully didn't end up regretting.

We finally got a new bookshelf, so between putting that together and filling it with books, finishing up the interior of the JW book, and slaving away over the cover, I can comfortably say that books might be driving me a little crazy this week. Maybe one day I'll sit down in front of a TV again. (That was a joke).

We will be at SPX! More details on that next week. See you guys then!

Comments

:D

Comment by Nibbles (not verified) Sat, 08/21/2010 - 16:41

MR. ROBOT :D

Oh man how is it that

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 08/21/2010 - 16:45

Oh man how is it that everyone awesome knows each other? Do you guys have a secret awesome club or what

I'm so Jealous~

Comment by Moofius (not verified) Sat, 08/21/2010 - 17:05

You guys are so lucky. And poor Evans? xD?

I am really jealous though. I had a ... strange, to say the least, experience when reading the end of Rice Boy. x//D;; Ah~ I've always sort of wanted to tell the artist of Rice Boy but I'm too shy~. x///3 Maybe I will... Ah I really am jealous. xD;;

I guess I'll have to become a cool comic artist and move in with you guys. *huffs!* >)3(< <3333 Love you guys. I'm jealous I really am. xD; <333

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 08/21/2010 - 22:44

Thank you so much for linking to Rice Boy! I just finished it and it was amazing. I'm glad to have found Johnny Wander, both because of how amazing it is, and of how much you support the rest of the comic community. Thank you again!

...........*dies*

Comment by Mooshminky (not verified) Sun, 08/22/2010 - 07:39

Evan Dahm lives with you?! I nearly imploded when I found out! Aw maaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Aw maaaaaaaaaaaan. I love Rice Boy. And because of Evan, I have a total crush on T-O-E. And yes, I would totally breathe down his neck checking out his work. Maybe not. I'd just squeak whenever he'll look in my direction.

Wow, you have the best room mate EVER. EVER.

Super Secret Awesome Comic Artist Club indeed!

Now, make Kate Beaton live with you! :p

Jealous much.

Comment by Sprout (not verified) Sun, 08/22/2010 - 09:29

Zomg that's awesome : D
Jesus. I've been reading his rice boy since almost the start, and then order of tales, which ended magnificently and now Vattu, which builds up the rites of nomads, epic c:

Congratulations, to all of you being roommates with eachothers!

Pffft..

Comment by Maku (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 00:04

Ha ha ha! Just the expression is priceless.

Read Evan's stuff :) great art and he's one hell of a story teller.

shit

Comment by alexds1 (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 00:47

How many masterpieces do I have to write/draw before I move in??

Squeele!

Comment by SannaT (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 09:35

You made me squeal a little inside when you mentioned the Squeele (pun intended). It is absolutely gorgeous and I'm hoping for the second volume to be published sometime. Maybe it already has... I'm bad at staying updated. But anyway, the Freaks Squeele! Funny, mischievous, and smart. *thumbs up* Good purchase!

freaks squeele is one of my

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/24/2010 - 12:38

freaks squeele is one of my favorite bds ever. it's such nerd humor. i don't know what language you're reading it in but i know that volume three came out in french earlier this year. sooo good!

Atists Living Together

Comment by Kylogram (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 10:02

It's things like this that make me want to get off my ass and start working on my own webcomic in hopes that I will befriend all of my favorite artists.

Hey Evan!

Comment by Corrin (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 12:28

Whoa, that's so cool! I swear, you guys know *everybody*! Haha, but seriously :) Oh, I think you should update the cast page sometime if you have a bit of extra time! (I know you guys are busy, so I know that you guys probably want to update it but find yourselves with too much to do :) That's alright)

Awww

Comment by Courtney (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 13:19

In the second panel, Yuko reminds me of Isabella from Phineas and Ferb. Absolutely adorable :)

You live with Evan Dahm?!

Comment by Ellemar (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 16:06

You live with Evan Dahm?! Awesome! I love all his stuff.

HOW are all you talented

Comment by Tabby (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 16:38

HOW are all you talented people living under one roof?! Is there some sort of creative-minded-person magnet stuck under your floorboards? Man.

I loved Rice Boy, I love this comic, things just got so awesome all of a sudden.

Very Cool

Comment by John Will Balsley (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 19:22

I have been following Evens Riceboy page for about two months and really enjoy it, but now that he's moved in with some more cool artists, I'll have to start following YOU'RE comics.

I've just peeked at a few but your work/ comics looks great so far!

Cheers!

Awww!!

Comment by Tiziana (not verified) Mon, 08/23/2010 - 21:53

I'm so glad to see Evan in your post!!! You tell that bastard Asheville misses him greatly, and I for one would LOVE LOVE if all ya'll came down for Fanaticon! :)

How does he eat?

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Tue, 08/24/2010 - 15:55

He has no mouth!

Seriously though, Rice Boy FTW

Does that mean Evan will do

Comment by Rebecca (not verified) Tue, 08/24/2010 - 16:22

Does that mean Evan will do filler comics for Yuko?

STUFF

Comment by Noodle (not verified) Wed, 08/25/2010 - 09:11

Wait, does this mean that there are Rice Boy paraphernalia around the apartment now? Will there be cameos of little Rice Boy plushies or T-O-E figurines lying around? Will Yuko be hogging them all?

I.........WANT. *________*

Wow guys, seriously

Comment by Ado (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 00:51

It is really cool that you get to meet Evan Dahm, let alone live with him, that's crazy. I love Rice Boy...

Whoah, that apartment's

Comment by Sett (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 09:24

Whoah, that apartment's becoming a creative powerhouse. I'm sure you'll be good influences/inspiration for one another! :D

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Comment by Frink (not verified) Mon, 08/30/2010 - 02:00

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

...AAAT?

*head explodes*

Why doesn't Even get a spot on the cast page?

Comment by Alex (not verified) Sat, 09/04/2010 - 18:42

He should, and so should rook.

Ninja Cat

Comment by Drewsington (not verified) Sat, 09/25/2010 - 19:01

Has been giving lessons to Yuko?

Typo

Comment by Courtnouveau (not verified) Sat, 12/11/2010 - 23:09

Has that typo always been there? You should either take out an O from 'dooin' or add a couple, to clarify. Just sayin'.

Kinda creepy, until...

Comment by Brendan McCullough (not verified) Sat, 09/03/2011 - 15:46

When I first read this I thought it was funny how obsessive Yuko is over Evan's work. Then later I read it again thinking it's still funny but how terrified Evan looked and felt bad for him a little. Now I return once more after reading all of Evan's work and writing a short little poem about T-O-E and completely understand Yuko's fixation. Lucky he's not my roommate or I'd just follow him around all day like a sad puppy with daddy issues.

Whaaaa!!

Comment by Lamiana (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 07:14

Oh my golly! I love him! And you guys! It's a house full of my heros @.@ I demand a sleep over! Hehe nahh.. I'd get annoying... Ahem...