Congratulations Archer and Eve!

Congratulations Archer and Eve!

Thu, 08/26/2010 - 21:10 by Ananth in response to wookie of honor

You'll recall this one as well. I've been best friends with Archer since I was in kindergarten, so it's kind of a big deal! For me. Also, his girlfriend - ahem, excuse me - fiancée Eve is totally awesome (actually, she usually plays L4D2 with us). I am super happy for you guys!! Congratulations!

Johnny Wander Volume 1: Don't Burn The House Down has been delivered to the printer! If our luck is good it will debut at SPX in Bethesda, MD in September! We are so damn excited!

We also downloaded the Scott Pilgrim beat 'em up and are totally enjoying it! Everything is exciting today! GONNA PLAY IT GOTTA GO

Comments

So does that mean you'll be

Comment by Rebecca (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 21:23

So does that mean you'll be wearing a tophat that hides your eyes instead of a baseball cap? Or wait, are you going to wear a Jedi cloak?

Oh hey, do you guys have Scott Pilgrim for PS3 or 360?

My fiance actually found a cheat(infinite money) for it and got it on gamefaqs. :D

Two words:

Comment by Matt (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 01:29

Vader Mask. That's how he'll avoid showing his eyes.

Regarding:

Comment by GeekusN84 (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 21:27

Regarding: http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/33

At least Yuko now has a cat!

And being an artist is just as awesome as med school. Just sayin'.

localizing redundancy

Comment by KumaKaori (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 02:30

Yes! Indeed, Yuko does have a cat now :D!

Well, now

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 08/28/2010 - 09:30

This means that Ananth has to get going on checking off another box, right?

Congratulations to your

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 21:33

Congratulations to your friend! I'm nearing that age where all my friends are going to be getting married and that, too, so it must be exciting! (Especially because it's Star Wars themed)

...But, I have to ask, do you guys actually have a giant tree like that there? It's...the coolest tree ever. I'd climb it like an excited seven year old.

Comic Book?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 21:45

So.... yay for friends getting married. I have two getting married next summer. On the same day.

On a more important note though, when do the rest of us who don't go to conventions (sadly) get to order the comic book?

Heehee. "Fiancée" takes an

Comment by Kat (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 21:58

Heehee. "Fiancée" takes an extra "e" when it's a girl you're talking about. You called Archer's lady friend a dude.

(... I'm easily amused.)

Grats to them!

Ohhh, thanks for the heads

Comment by Ananth Fri, 08/27/2010 - 00:29

Ohhh, thanks for the heads up! I made the correction. :)

hahaha maid of honor for the

Comment by Jodie (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 22:02

hahaha maid of honor for the dude

so depending on whether your friend's gonna be darth vader or han solo, are you gonna dress up as a stormtrooper or as chewbacca?

FFFFFFFFffffffffffffff-

Comment by E-rip-mave (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 22:59

Love it when a woman knows how to pwn some noobs.

She's really good too~! The

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 11:11

She's really good too~!
The two of them are an unstoppable team :o

Ffffffffff-Lol-

Comment by E-rip-mave (not verified) Sat, 08/28/2010 - 17:39

Lol.

Le gasp!

Comment by Rafe (not verified) Thu, 08/26/2010 - 23:55

was kind of expecting to see the outline of his eyes due to the fact that this news is so tremendous. Will we ever???

Congratulations to your friend archer! Best wishes.

I read it wrong!

Comment by Sparkie (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 00:00

I thought it was ANANTH saying he got engaged, and then I was only a little dissapointed to learn otherwise :)

your pal sounds super cool,

Comment by soupster (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 00:05

your pal sounds super cool, he has to be super cool to have a star wars themed wedding

also, I was looking through the store, and I just wanna say Yuko has nice hair.

Scott Pilgrim

Comment by Toad (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 00:12

It's too dangerous, take this with you.

At title screen- X, CIRCLE, X, SQUARE, X, CIRCLE, CIRCLE - Enables 'Blood Mode'.

My two bits on Scott Pilgrim

Comment by Kytzune (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 01:37

In case you haven't beat it yet, there's multiple endings to the game depending on who you play it with. If you want the comic's ending you'll have to beat it with all the characters. Hope that helps and good luck with Gideon! ^_^

DEAR JOHNNY WANDER CREW: I

Comment by Zak (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 05:07

DEAR JOHNNY WANDER CREW:

I was on deviantart and I cam across this: http://mynameismad.deviantart.com/art/whaaaaaaaaaattt-175782896

Go to number 5. My Question is "WHY IS GEORGE A WHALE?"

WHAT.

Comment by Codey Mathis (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 05:26

First off, grats to Archer and Eve, that's fantastic. :D
(STARWARSTHEMEWHAT.)
Second, L4D2 is awesome, and if you guys have XBL then I will for sure borrow it from my friend again and we should play together online. Because it's friggin' sweet.
Third, HOMG BOOK. But why does it have to be in Marylaaaaand. I'm in Oregon. :c You should come West side more often, da?
Fourth, my best friend David bothers me about SP every time he comes over. "HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED IT YET?" "No, David, still playing Fable 2." "WELL, DOWNLOAD IT." "k."
lawl. you guys rule. totally bought a zoolology shirt.

Thinking about it...

Comment by Halconnen (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 11:36

Thinking about it, the L4D2 abbreviation could totally be a Star Wars robot.

OMEDETO!!!!

Comment by Jamie Noguchi (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 07:34

Congrats, Archer!!! Happy Wookie Wedding sounds awesome!!!

"That's no gazebo..."

STOP IT

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 13:33

STOP MAKING ME WANT TO GO TO SPX

STOP THAT

D':

You better have them books ready later.

Hahahah, congrats to the

Comment by Rayna (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 14:38

Hahahah, congrats to the couple! o/

OMG STARWARS

Comment by That one Chick (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 17:38

Man, I really and truelly envy this Archer fellow and his Fiancee, because a Starwars themed wedding sounds AWESOME! (Im sorta hoping they cut the cake with a lightsaber) Well Congrates Archer and Eve!

This raises the bar Ananth. Yeah know, you and Yuko should have a Scott Pilgrim themed wedding. It would RAWK SOX!

Vol 1

Comment by N (not verified) Fri, 08/27/2010 - 21:03

uh...I hope that vol 1 won't be limited edition or something, just in case some of us miss the day you guys make it available in your store area... :(

Oh no, it'll absolutely be

Comment by Ananth Sat, 08/28/2010 - 10:08

Oh no, it'll absolutely be in the store once we get settled after SPX! And we'll probably be offering some kind of special edition.

Glad to hear you got Scott

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Sat, 08/28/2010 - 00:14

Glad to hear you got Scott Pilgrim, hope to see you at SPX! Also, Anamanaguchi, the band who wrote the music for the game is giving a concert in Philly Saturday the 11th, so if you're feeling adventurous, you should go! It's awesome music! http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=106386152753692&ref=ts

I WANT THIS SO MUCH!!!!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 08/28/2010 - 00:52

Not a wedding *pssh* Johnny Wander Vol. 1!!!! Too bad I'll be nowhere near MD in September, or any other month.......in the store maybe?

Volume 1 will absolutely be

Comment by Ananth Sat, 08/28/2010 - 10:08

Volume 1 will absolutely be in the online store! :) No worries!

:D!!

Comment by Sir Joe the Banana, the Third. (not verified) Sat, 08/28/2010 - 09:46

Congratulations Archer and Eve!

The Scott Pilgrim game is so awesome ^^
(PAY OFF THE VIDEOSTORE DEBT, IT LEADS TO ULTIMATE POWERR!)

I hope they have a happy

Comment by Bridge (not verified) Sat, 08/28/2010 - 10:38

I hope they have a happy life together.
Also will the first volume of Jonnny Wander be available online? That would be so cool!
Love the comic!
-Bridge

haha i didnt thinq you were

Comment by Olivier (not verified) Sat, 08/28/2010 - 21:02

haha i didnt thinq you were the videogame type l4d2 ftw

I want a sailor moon themed

Comment by Melissa (not verified) Sat, 08/28/2010 - 23:49

I want a sailor moon themed wedding.

ok not really

i want a street sharks

Comment by louie (not verified) Sun, 08/29/2010 - 13:34

i want a street sharks themed wedding

no that's terrible i'm a terrible person

That was bad, and you should

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Mon, 08/30/2010 - 09:02

That was bad, and you should feel bad.

(Altho now I want one too. Dammit.)

HAhahaha - That's awesome :D

Comment by elorg (not verified) Sun, 08/29/2010 - 09:04

Congrats to them!
Also - I'm putting your book on my birthday wishlist for my friends & family ^_^

Fanboy Freak Out

Comment by Bryonne (not verified) Sun, 08/29/2010 - 15:27

Don't worry, I'd probably be doing the same thing if my best friend since forever had a Team Fortress 2 themed wedding and I got to be the Sniper/maid of honor person.
Freaking out over something THAT awesome is totally cool.

Yea. Wedding. Awesome. Congrats

Comment by dwalls (not verified) Sun, 08/29/2010 - 20:30

Yea, but that SP beat-em-up? CRAZY AWESOME. Is there some secret trick to beating Gideon, its too many punch/block/punch combos.

Heh

Comment by Alebak (not verified) Sun, 08/29/2010 - 22:21

Reminds me when my best friend asked me to be his best man.

My friends are asking if I'd

Comment by Brian (not verified) Tue, 08/31/2010 - 00:18

My friends are asking if I'd be able to officiate their weddings when the day comes :p

Sooo cute!

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Mon, 08/30/2010 - 10:39

Ananths reaction is so cute! You can tell he is a super dork like the rest of us. <3

Also, Scott Pilgrim beat em up is so awesome! So many little nods to other video games in it! Like Akira and Zelda! >;3 I love it, and I love playin as Ramona <3 Her little sledge hammer with the face is adorable.

One question

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Mon, 08/30/2010 - 11:59

Do you ship to finland? Or anywhere else that's not USA?

We'll ship just about

Comment by Ananth Mon, 08/30/2010 - 17:16

We'll ship just about anywhere, but it's a little more expensive. Short answer: yes!

Thank you.

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Tue, 08/31/2010 - 00:48

Thank you.

El Oh El

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 08/31/2010 - 10:35

"The maid of honor, but for the dude." I like that.

WAIT YOU SAID SOMETHING

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 08/31/2010 - 10:36

...about a book??? Congrats!!! Do want!

(and I love the title.)

Sorry to tell you...

Comment by Wyndham (not verified) Tue, 08/31/2010 - 13:02

....But it is spelled 'wookiee'.

My boyfriend said the same

Comment by Rachel (not verified) Sat, 07/09/2011 - 19:59

My boyfriend said the same thing when I was showing him the comics.

On the Subject of Fiancéees and Wookieees

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 23:43

Fiancé/Fiancée (Kat): I've been typing both as "fiancée" (or rather, "fiancee" when I don't have an "é" convenient to copypaste). Fortunately, the masculine version of fiancée doesn't show up in my life very often.

Wookiee (Rebecca): Ananth will obviously be Chewie, and the fur will cover his eyes. What groom /doesn't/ want to be Han Solo for a Star Wars wedding? (Disregard this if I'm wrong, which I probably am if the title is not indicative of the Man of Honor's costumage.)