Johnny Wander Vol. 1!

Johnny Wander Vol. 1!

Thu, 09/02/2010 - 11:57 by Ananth in response to guest comic - this cat, this england

Only here a couple of weeks and already we've put him to work. Evan was gracious enough to do a comic for us because we've been conquered by SPX prep. Also, Aaron Diaz is visiting!

I think I promised you guys a cover! Here's the front of Johnny Wander Vol. 1: Don't Burn the House Down,

We'll post photos once we get some copies in! Have a good weekend!

Comments

will the books be available

Comment by DisposablePal (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 12:02

will the books be available at SPX cause i'm totally going :)

A JW Book? AW YEAH!

Comment by laur (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 12:05

Can't wait to get my hands on one! :D

Oh yeah

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 12:10

Totally picking up a copy if they're at SPX. Along with all the bowing and groveling. I'm not worthy!

BEST.COVER.EVER! XDXDXD

Comment by Bettina Marie (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 12:12

SO can't wait to order!!!^,^<3

Woooooo

Comment by Kelsey (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 12:21

Awesome. Even better with the purple... Nice contrast. :D Can't wait!

AND d'awwww. Cats make it better.

I had a really weird dream

Comment by Ali (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 12:34

I had a really weird dream where you posted a comic that was a short flash animation where it was like...the beginning of comic then it suddenly said UNDEFINED and took you to a page where there were Star Trek clips of Picard from First Contact. It was really strange. I thought you should know.

ALSO I WANT THAT BOOKKEHHDGKHLD.

Super weird

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 09/04/2010 - 14:11

That's weird and sort of eerie because today I saw the Johnny Wander crew in my dream...we went to this nice little picnic area on a clear lake or something in New England (It looked a lot like New England, at least). I think Rook was even there.

Aw, Rook is so loved. :) I

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 12:58

Aw, Rook is so loved. :)

I cannot wait for this book to come out, you guys! ♥

Europe

Comment by Lunco (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 13:07

You better ship to Europe and not charge a fortune in shipping!

evan told me to leave a

Comment by Lela (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 13:18

evan told me to leave a creep comment...CREEPY COMMENT

well i really am excited about meeting this cat and all humans who live in this space as well.
its funny, whenever evan meets a new animal he always says 'be my friend'

Evan!!

Comment by Sol (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 13:39

I can't believe you guys are living together!
It's funny because i've read rice boy before and was reading johnny wander. It's like when you find out that your best friend from your childhood and your best bud from high school end up rooming together and you're all like "Do they know each other?! OH EM GEE! this is like when evan moved in with ananth and yuko!"

so yeah. cool.

Aww Evan!

Comment by dcorsetto (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 14:02

This was so cute and so perfectly suited to Johnny Wander!

See you guys in a few days, can't wait! :D

Comment by Odd (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 14:15

8> When I got my black Kitten, I thought of Rook.

Evan is adorable. C:

Awesome!

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 16:07

I was totally hoping to see a comic about Evan settling in, and you guys just one up'd me. GG sirs and madam, GG.

Also, cover looks greeeeeeeeeeeat.

And Evan, very nice work, as usual!

Intensity

Comment by Bridge (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 16:54

John looks so intense.
As expected of him.

Great cover, I can't wait for the book to be able to be purchased.

Holy smokes!

Comment by skoop the loop (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 16:59

Evan AND Aaron? Who next? Randall? Der-Shing? Me? Please?

Full of awesome

Comment by Aube (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 17:06

Great guest strip Evan! Can't wait to get see the book in the site store.

Aww

Comment by Judy K (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 17:23

I love how powerful Rook looks in the last panel. :3 "Be my friend, oh mighty one!" I expect him to say! For a one-page fill in, there's a great deal of emotion here. It's great <3

Meanwhile, I was reading Rice Boy way, way back. I forget what happened but I never finished. Must rectify!

Aah! I hope some are left

Comment by ekw (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 17:26

Aah! I hope some are left after SPX; I'd love to buy one!

Rook is fantastic

Comment by Kiley B. (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 17:31

Rook is seriously one of the best cats I've ever heard of, he's got a great personality like my Uncle's cat Ogre (who is named so because he's about 30 pounds and tall as my knee, and also adorably dumb sometimes) I still can't believe he eats salsa and coffee grounds

I'm totally loving the cover guys, I think my favorite part is John's intense grumpy face there, and Yuko and how all I can see of her is her glass practically, you're all so fun

Evan! your art is amazing, I love it. I'll have to check out Rice Boy now, I had heard of it before but never knew where to go til now

have fun guys! <3

Awesome title guys! I can't

Comment by CarakinWonder (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 17:47

Awesome title guys! I can't wait to get a copy!

I'm buying that yep.

Comment by [dec] (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 18:04

I'm going to get that book when it comes out, unless it's $200, then sadly, I'll have to pass... wait, it won't be $200? Hooray!

You guys... and Yuko.

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 19:50

Love you guys so much! Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days I look forward to the most! Keep up the awesome work!
Can't wait to buy your book.

Hey, Tell Aaron that I'm

Comment by Shnargen (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 19:55

Hey, Tell Aaron that I'm impatient for the next Dresden Codak! It seems he's been running around lately, so I understand, but I really want to know what happens next! And Evan's art for this is perfect! It totally captures the feel of Yuko's art while still being distinctly Evan's. This is great!

Rook is a beast

Comment by Alex (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 22:23

Awwww, rook is awesome, =D, by the way, evan looks pretty cool too

Awesome book but. . .

Comment by Arcc (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 22:43

I really really liked "Omigosh You Guys We Have A Book Cover" as a title.

Book Title

Comment by Sata (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 00:36

Heh, I thought the same thing when I saw it.

<3 Rook!

Comment by Kimmik (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 22:55

Awww Rook is so great!

I can't wait to order this book. :)

Oh man

Comment by Ashiru (not verified) Thu, 09/02/2010 - 23:26

I am pretty sure that book title is the best book title in the history of the universe. I wish I could have the book RIGHT NOW. XD

Yeeeah

Comment by Codey (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 00:27

I love comics about the cats. They're some of my favourites. Or about games that I've played.
And that's awesome that the book is coming along. :D Looks great.

OMG! WANT BOOK! WANT NAO!

Comment by Washu (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 00:40

OMG! WANT BOOK! WANT NAO!

I can sympathize, Evan.

Comment by Jan (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 02:20

I really can, cats are awesome. And I alwas try to befriend them. Sadly, this apartment I moved to recently doesn't contain any. Only mold.

Cover looks fun, as someone mentioned, John's expression is priceless :D

So, will you ship to Europe? ;P

WANT BOOK

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 03:24

So totally want.

Also, Evan's comic is awesome and adorable. I am completely charmed.

You really should add more

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 05:37

You really should add more to the cast list on the site. Or, at least, from the blocks you've all ready made

Compatability Report: Success!

Comment by Skie (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 09:28

Good to know that Rook gets along with Evan, and even more that Evan gets along with Rook.

Cats are such fun. Have you guys tried getting Rook's attention with a laser pointer yet? Most cats do everything in their power to try to kill that little red dot.

Book

Comment by Bethanie (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 10:31

I can't wait for that book!
Its gonna be epic-sauce

ANGRYFACE

Comment by Razor (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 10:53

LOL I love John's expression on the cover. It looks great, guys! Congrats!

Evan's comic is adorable. <3

Rook should be nominated for

Comment by P Cleland (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 11:51

Rook should be nominated for best cat in comics.

Evan, Cat and Book

Comment by Oni (not verified) Fri, 09/03/2010 - 12:40

Great combo! I absolutely cannot wait to get the book. Cover looks fantastic.

I also really enjoyed this guest page from Evan!

Dude

Comment by Vanessa (not verified) Sat, 09/04/2010 - 16:24

You totally just made me remember I should go pet my cat.

I think anywhere you may live is automatically better if a cat resides with you.

heeeeeeeey!

Comment by the bonnie (not verified) Sat, 09/04/2010 - 17:39

I finished reading Rice Boy a while ago, so I'm really excited about both the release of your book, and the updates of Rice Boy.
What dose he have so far?! TELL MEEEEE~! D:<

too bad

Comment by Hohhoi (not verified) Sun, 09/05/2010 - 01:30

I'm allergic of cats....
(Or however that sentence is supposed to be written in English.)

....but i love them. Living with a cat would be quite hard for me. Damn!

Bombay kitties

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Sun, 09/05/2010 - 04:40

just a note in passing, current Cat Fancy mag features bombays =)

....sorry i'm such a girl? >.> (see, I can actually say that, since I'm a guy. But the situation doesn't improve ^^; )

Book!

Comment by Cat (not verified) Sun, 09/05/2010 - 21:24

I cannot wait to get a copy of that book. I am so excited! :D

can you put this comic in

Comment by Blue Fox (not verified) Mon, 09/06/2010 - 03:18

can you put this comic in your next book? it's one of the best i've read in my life(i don't know why. talks to my heart) :D

Nicly done Even :DDD

John's face is win also why

Comment by Jodie (not verified) Tue, 09/07/2010 - 05:54

John's face is win

also why is evan making friends with rook and not with the rabid fangirl next door

:c

Marketing Through Comics

Comment by Howard Jang (not verified) Tue, 09/07/2010 - 08:39

Your cover looks awesome, I'm a Little Neck dentist and I was thinking of making my website's genre cartoony...haha I know that's not a word. I believe it's a great way to attract people of all ages.