SPX this weekend!

SPX this weekend!

Thu, 09/09/2010 - 14:33 by Ananth in response to important answers to important questions

Sometimes Evan is like a laser, straight and true, and this was one of those times. And to be fair, he had a really good argument for being a cat, which he'll perhaps elaborate on in the comments if you really want to know. If you're coming to SPX, tell us what animal you would be!

Speaking of SPX, we'll be at booth F10 - see the handy map below,

and we will have these babies:

as well as some other books, assorted t-shirts, tote bags, bookmarks, keychains, originals ... and probably some other stuff. We're bringing a lot for you guys and gals! Speaking of packing, though, we actually have to pack our clothes so ... off we go! See you this weekend!

Comments

I must say...

Comment by Sage (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 14:42

I fully agree with Evan on this one. Remembering how lazy my cat was, it would be a pretty good life.

Animal

Comment by Lily (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 14:44

I was just thinking about this question a few days ago. My answer is Otter. They are adorable, sociable, family oriented mammals who are constantly at play, on land or in water. I'd live in the water if I could.

Bird of some sort is interesting, but I'd rather eat raw crustaceans and fish than the raw meat of rodents. Also, the thought of having to flap my arms-err-wings 80% of the day sounds far too tiring. Besides, I'm afraid of rollercoasters/riding my bike or skating too fast, motorcycles, and heights in general.

As far as (house) cats are concerned, litter boxes disturb me.

Dinomystery!

Comment by Brian (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 14:55

I can deduce from Aaron's laptop that he chose some kinda dinosaur (I can also deduce that from his being Aaron Diaz). But what kind of dinosaur???

Despite Yuko's dinosaur

Comment by Aaron Diaz (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 12:03

Despite Yuko's dinosaur embellishment of my laptop (which I now wish I had), I actually went with a crow. One of the other stipulations of the question was that you could turn back and forth at will, so I reasoned that being able to turn into a small, inconspicuous flying animal would be pretty useful. I wouldn't have to rely on public transportation to get around, for example, and I'd also have a new way to freak people out.

Another Crow Bonus (Crownus)

Comment by Brian (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 12:51

Plus if you were one of those New Caledonian crows, you could use tools! (albeit pretty simple stick/hook tools, but still)

Yay for Crows

Comment by Rook (Not the cat) (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 03:49

Crows were automatically my first choice, though unfortunately when one thinks about it most of the reasons for being a crow over any other bird is kinda rendered moot if you keep your human mental capabilities.

Still though, just being a bird would be pretty swell and other then having the ability to fly the choice of just what kind of bird one would be could be pretty arbitrary, so I would still be a crow to that end. That and it would be funny spooking superstitious people as well of having more then a small degree of urban camouflage (who notices crows half the time?)

I've always wanted a pet

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 08:37

I've always wanted a pet crow. Or a raven.

Comic.

Comment by Omnithea (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 15:13

Aximili-Esgarrouth-Ishthil. I can recite that from memory. Elfangor-Sirinial-Shamtul. Alloran-Semitur-Corass. These books are burned into my memory.

animorphs

Comment by Klick (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:44

Yeah I know what you mean

thanks for that. I knew I

Comment by ersyth (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 18:09

thanks for that. I knew I recognized that from somewhere. <3

I actually just re-read the

Comment by Mike (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 15:35

I actually just re-read the entire series not too long ago. (I still own them all. ^_^)

As a kid I didn't pick up exactly how heavy the story got near the end, and it also turned out that it was a great critique on humanity as a whole.

K.A. Applegate is kind of a genius. I wanna have coffee with her and harass her with my numerous questions. :o

OHANDALSO

Comment by Mike (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 15:38

I would totally be a wolf. Pack animals, loyalty, pride, et cetera...

I recently came across your

Comment by Rolex (not verified) Tue, 01/11/2011 - 07:05

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.I wish I could find such informative sites more often. I regularly spend much time on just looking for some worthy sites when I can find something to read.

Animorphs!

Comment by Bran (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 09:20

Oh man! I had every single one of these books! awesome

YES. THIS. YES.

Comment by Digi (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 09:21

YES. THIS. YES.

Oh man Animorphs pride

Comment by vitupera (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 08:37

Oh man Animorphs pride yesssss

CINNABUNNNZZZ?

Comment by Luc (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 12:45

Anyone? Anyone? Just me? Mmmm. Cinnabunnzz~

Not just you

Comment by Mokitty (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 17:56

Remember the time they turned into ants but they were ants from a different colony than the ones they were trying to go past and they almost died because the other ants were like KILL KILL KILL.
I love Animorphs. I love it so much.

Definitely a cat.

Comment by Rizzy (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 15:15

The life of a housecat is possibly the best life ever. The housecat has always been my magical-girl transformation animal of choice.
This is mainly because I'm extremely lazy, and there's very little that appeals more to me than the idea of curling up on the soft carpet in a patch of sun and sleeping all day. Let my "owners" feed me. Maybe stroke my lustrous fur. I dunno. We'll see.

The best!

Comment by Aaron Painter (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 15:24

I just found this comic a week ago. . .must say I LOVE IT!!!!

The comic book looks

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 15:43

The comic book looks absolutely amazing, guys!

...And Evan totally got it on the housecat. That, or a dog. Either one would be such a sweet, sweet life.

vital consideration

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 15:52

the first thing that sprang to my mind was, "what can reproduce human vocalizations?"

although, I suppose, with ubiquitous text communication available now, it would be possible to make your mind known through other means.

anyway, as amazing as it would be to live the lives of some more 'exotic' animals, I would definitely go crazy if I couldn't talk to people. some kind of corvid or parrot would probably be a good bet from this standpoint

my next consideration was life-span... people have it pretty good at nearly a century. it's hard to trade up in that respect.

pretty good choice, methinks.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 02:14

supposedly, the oldest macaw lived to be around 100 years old (average lifespan of macaws is 50).

so you'd get to fly, talk, live a relatively long life, and (possibly) live the dreamy, languid life of a housepet. sounds good to me :]

Not to mention you can poop

Comment by Steph (not verified) Thu, 11/25/2010 - 00:09

Not to mention you can poop on your enemies!

To bring up crows again...

Comment by Rook (Not the cat) (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 03:53

Can also talk, just to point that out. Just isn't as common <.<

Bugger

Comment by Rook (Not the cat) (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 03:55

Missed you mentioned Corvids, surely you knew that already, sorry.

Rattus norvegicus.

Comment by literatehyaena (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 15:53

A brown rat. Their sensory spectrum is so radically different from our own that I think the experience would be worth it. And keeping my own mental faculties would defray a lot of the dangers of being one. Brown rats are the dominant species of rats in the North Amera/European ranges, so.

They're also extraordinarily social animals--and male rats have a shockingly cushy life compared to the females, even in the wild.

Andalite ...

Comment by Greth (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 15:55

Ok funny how a single word can kick up so many memories...
*stares shyly at bookcase with far too many animorphs covers hiding in the shadows*

Andalite win!

Comment by Terra (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 21:25

It would be totally awesome to be an Andalite :D
:points to her stash of books: You're not the only one!

Flip flip flip...

Comment by SeanMcP (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 07:27

I can still remember sitting on the floor of my bedroom, flipping through the pages and watching them change from humans to animals.

*sigh* Good times.

Oh I loved doing that

Comment by Mokitty (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 18:01

I read them at school under my desk. Whenever I did that other people would look at me funny. But then I'd explain what I was doing and the general premise of the series and their responses were always along the lines of "THAT IS SO COOL."

I'd be a tiger. Rawr!

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 15:58

Mostly because they're pretty cool.

RE: book--LOL, I liked the 2nd 'fire' comic (roasted garlic). Would be cool if you included some of the fan comics for that one (but understandable if you didn't). =) That was hysterical.

I'd love to be a

Comment by Karuko (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 15:59

I'd love to be a serval.
Speed, balance, and wicked pair of ears. And of course, the beautiful savannah~

I had a question about the store stock. Have you guys thought of getting plus-sized tees? :D Y'know, for girls that are... top heavy? >///////<

o.ô

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 02:54

Hawt

I agree with this statement.

Comment by Lisard (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 11:42

I agree with this statement. Need moar tees that fit.

I also agree. Big girls

Comment by Sara (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 07:35

I also agree. Big girls like fashionable clothes too! :D

I would buy every single one

Comment by HiddenTohru (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 11:50

I would buy every single one of the tee shirts if they came in plus sizes. I love them all.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 10:29

I would TOTALLY buy them all, as well! I may fit into the largest size you have now, but it would look a mess, so no.

Larger sizes, please! :-)

:x If I picked a lazy animal

Comment by Rachel (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 16:02

:x If I picked a lazy animal that did not have to work for food, I could see myself getting bored, and possibly destructive.

I would be that puppy that eats your shoes.

I would probably be a fox.

Housecat.

Comment by Grashbar (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 16:05

Best. Answer. Ever.

Greet Evan for me and tell him that he's awesome!

So excited! I'm making a

Comment by Jordan (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 16:08

So excited! I'm making a bee-line for your table when I get there to meet you and get one of those books.

And lions are my favorite animal, but I'd have to weigh the pros and cons of whether or not I'd acually want to be a lion. Who knew such a simple question would require so much contemplation?

Comment by Karbear (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 16:21

Animorph reference! <3 Awesome!

seconded! :D :D

Comment by ruthie (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:49

seconded! :D :D

YEW NEED TO UPDATE:

Comment by Annie (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 16:25

You need to update your stat cards, pardner.
(Sorry. But I am OCD and have to add it. Your character page will drive me insane. Slowly)

When can we buy the books online?

Comment by Yenian (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 16:31

Without traveling to the BEAST COAST to buy them in person?

Those of us on the BEST COAST hunger to know!

Wolf.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 16:32

Always have, and always will love wolves. I'm going to college to be an animal psychologist / conservationist. Gonna save their asses. :)

Archilochus colubris- The

Comment by Lela (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 16:58

Archilochus colubris- The Ruby Throated Hummingbird
Inquisitive, fearless, and extremely protective.

And that sounds exactly like something Evan would say and exactly how he would say it haha

You would also have to

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 09:23

You would also have to constantly be in search of food to power your extremely active body. Poor little hummers. :(

Sea Otter

Comment by Suri (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:09

Everyone loves them.
BUT OMG THE COMIC BOOK.
I must have!
Just like Yenian said, when can we buy them online, because I don't live where you guys do.

VELOCIRAPTOR

Comment by Allouicious Zimmerplotts (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:31

but if i had to deal with the people shooting me and putting me in zoos, i guess i would be...

hmm...

a falcon that can transform into a dolphin or monkey if it so wishes