SPX this weekend!

SPX this weekend!

Thu, 09/09/2010 - 14:33 by Ananth in response to important answers to important questions

Sometimes Evan is like a laser, straight and true, and this was one of those times. And to be fair, he had a really good argument for being a cat, which he'll perhaps elaborate on in the comments if you really want to know. If you're coming to SPX, tell us what animal you would be!

Speaking of SPX, we'll be at booth F10 - see the handy map below,

and we will have these babies:

as well as some other books, assorted t-shirts, tote bags, bookmarks, keychains, originals ... and probably some other stuff. We're bringing a lot for you guys and gals! Speaking of packing, though, we actually have to pack our clothes so ... off we go! See you this weekend!

Comments

SLOTH

Comment by chart (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:40

no but seriously

i would totally be chill being either a sloth or a leech because id be SO cute and plus id be either fastest/living in my favor element, WATER!!!

I think I agree with

Comment by Rebecca (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:43

I think I agree with Evan.

Preferably I'd be a house cat that lives in a house like mine. Not a stray cat. Because then you'd actually have to hunt, hide from dogs, and fight other cats.

ANIMAL...

Comment by Klick (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:46

Dog... cause they are natural survivors... and they are awesome.

Evan is my new favorite.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:49

Evan is my new favorite.

Okay, I'll Bite

Comment by Fanboy (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:57

Since no one's actually managed to ask it yet, I suppose it falls to me. Why a house cat?

Aww man! If only I had known

Comment by Andy (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 17:58

Aww man! If only I had known Intervention was going to be on the same weekend as SPX! That's really just bad planning on their part.

Also, I'd definitely go with some sort of bird of prey.

You know, at first I was going to say dog.

Comment by Matt (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 18:06

But housecat makes a lot more sense. Dogs have to live outside a lot more. Plus cat owners tend to spoil cats more, I've noticed. Whereas dogs eat just about anything, so they get fed just about anything. So housecat would be a sweet life.

Evan is INTENSE.

Comment by darrylayo (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 18:14

Evan is INTENSE.

Albatrosss!

Comment by halfdragon (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 18:39

They get to eat sashimi all the time and they like to dance!

Lion

Comment by King_Bahamut (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 19:07

It has been a while since I commented. Evan is a really cool sounding guy and I agree that cats are awesome, either a lion or komodo dragon.

Evan is wise.

Comment by Syd K. (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 19:12

I totally agree with Evan. Housecat. Otters are a close second (LOOK AT THEM FOR PITY'S SAKE, THEY ARE AMAZING AND CUTE), but housecats are... well. Housecats.

And as everyone knows... cats rule. Dogs drool.

To jump whole buildings in a single bound!

Comment by VCN (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 19:32

Cats can jump far and high, run fast, climb trees, contort their bodies impossibly without intense yoga practice, fit in really interesting spaces, lick every area except their own shoulders, see in the dark, relax while remaining alert, and always have seasonally-appropriate body coverings.

The End

Woooo, Animorphs ref!

Comment by Dani (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 19:38

Woooo, Animorphs ref! Yay!
Good luck at SPX. Hope you guys sell a ton of books and things!

lol I was going around

Comment by Kitty (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 19:58

lol I was going around asking people the same question and one of my friends said housecat and i asked her why and her reply was "why not? those things are more spoiled then my unborn child is, and i've spent thousands of dollars on her."

I like Evan more and more

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 20:52

I like Evan more and more every moment:)

hmm... I'd probably be a dolphin. Because it would be pretty interesting to have all ocean to explore and play in... Or something that can fly. or... the problem is, Id like to try almost every animal possible. Except tick. I hate ticks.

oh, I envy all those who can come and buy a comic:/ I want a teleport to America!

It seems mean, but I think I

Comment by twrdrockfan (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 21:24

It seems mean, but I think I like Evan more than the other friends/roommates.

Personally though, as much as I love cats, I have to go with a Lemur. Keeping my mental abilities, and adding them to the agility and dexterity of the lemur would allow for so much fun in life. Plus, I like opposable digits.

Comic and other stuff

Comment by N (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 21:28

I cannot wait to get the comic! It looks awesome! Still...will we see any of the other stuff that you will have there in the shop? I can't make it there so if any of those thing wind up online that be cool...

Sorry I just don't want to miss out on your awesome stuff, I have with some of the prints and since you guys are going into comic book format, I do not want to miss out on those.

As for animal...wolf, hands down.

Pleo

Comment by Stuff Artists Like (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 21:34

Have you guys heard of Pleo? It's this crazy super intelligent robot dino toy. He has a camera inside his head that senses stuff and knows how to not fall off a table....it's unrelated I guess, but I was researching Christmas tech gifts at work and I stumbled across this.

So weird....but cute...

My friend has it so I have

Comment by sunshine (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 17:49

My friend has it so I have seen it... weird and cute really describes it quite well :) It's so confusing that something artificial can look so adorable and cute, like live puppy or something...

Housecats

Comment by aurora borealis (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 21:56

I too, would enthusiastically embrace being a housecat if it were not for one thing:

Spay and neuter!

Which you totally should do for your cats, everyone. But I, with all my mental faculties, enjoy my sex life too much to trade it in.

Even for the luxurious life of having someone feed me every morning and allowing me to sleep in every comfy place in the house all day.

Raccoon

Comment by honoh (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 22:11

Imagine being a raccoon. Think about it. I'd totally be a little tiny guy and, here's the kicker, I'd make my own tiny house. Raccoons totally have hands capable of using tools and thus, I would fashion planks, sideboards, shingles, doors, flooring, furniture, and God knows what else in order to be the cutest damned animal in the woods.

BEAR BEAR BEAR BEAR

Comment by BEAR BEAR BEAR (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 22:36

BEAR.

BEAR

Comment by ThunderGodNick (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 23:50

I AGREE, BEAR.

Evan is simultaneously

Comment by duckerly (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 22:42

Evan is simultaneously adorable and frightening.

Also, I'm with him on being a house cat. Or just a cat in general.

Fennec Fox

Comment by iamded (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 22:47

Definitely a Fennec Fox. Seriously, just Wikipedia or Google that and you'll see why. They're so adorable! Nyawww...

Animorphs, woo!

Comment by Okami Kugatsu (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 22:51

I really thought that I was the only one that ever read the Animorph series.

I'd be...

Comment by Huzzah (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 23:19

I'd be an Emperor Penguin. Sliding around on the ice on my belly, swimming, waddling, eating lots of fish... Ah, what a fantastic life.

an otter. fuck yeah.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 23:25

an otter. fuck yeah.

House Cat or Rabbit

Comment by Vodkabeforenoon (not verified) Thu, 09/09/2010 - 23:35

Either or...they both have it pretty good depending on who is taking care of the animal. Pretty much I want to be lazy and have someone feed me and be cuddle whore.

My man!

Comment by Judy K (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 00:13

I'm loving Evan more and more :D HOUSECAT!!

As a kid I used to think about it alllll the time! @_@ Cat is surely the best choice. There was a time in my life I used to want to be a horse though.

ditto

Comment by Ali (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 01:17

I would also be a housecat. Someone would feed me and get me things to drink. I could stay inside all day and relax. Sleep a lot still watch tv and look at lolcats because obviously my owners would.

I could also climb on things! And attack dust bunnies!

:D

Some kinda seabird, the sort

Comment by Greatlin (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 02:22

Some kinda seabird, the sort that nests on a cliff, and can stay airborne for absurd amounts of times without having to flap its wings. Seems like a pretty chill way to live.

I would be a genet. They're

Comment by Jack K. (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 02:57

I would be a genet. They're like a cross between cats and ferrets.

That or a flying squirrel.

I would love to come but since I can't make it...

Comment by Mythos R. (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 03:09

I'll just say it here :D I'm torn, really. I'd either be a rat or a tiger. I mean, rats are awesome, what with the awesome senses and neat social structure and odd 'hellos' to new members (I had pet rats and whenever we brought a new rat home the others would all immediately start giving them a bath... whether the new rat wanted one or not, lol). It would be interesting being a rat.
On the other hand... tigers are HUGE and yet oddly cuddly and very housecat-ish. Plus, it'd be cool having those huge teeth and claws and go chasing critters all over the place. Rawr, I say. Hehe.

I'm going to buy Evan Meowmix.

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 03:57

When I meet him.

I'm sure he will hate me if I do.

Better make it fancy feast instead.

I'd love to hear Evan's

Comment by Divi (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 05:09

I'd love to hear Evan's argument for it but hey I'd have to agree. House at is he bees option. They live it up xD and who doesn't love em.

Wish I could be at SPX for a JW book

Aaron's Answer

Comment by Foo (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 05:33

So what was Aaron's answer to the question or was he just posing it to you guys?

In the store?

Comment by Roxi (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 07:38

Just curious if you will have the books available in the online store. I live in a backwater town in Missouri...so i can't make it to conventions to buy from you there!

Bats!

Comment by DavionStar (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 07:59

I approve of Yuko's choice! <3 bats

Comment by Tobus (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 15:45

Seconded!!

I would totally pick house

Comment by AryCapricat (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 08:37

I would totally pick house cat too.
In fact, I've always had a sneaking suspicion that I was reincarnated from a house cat.

I know where Ax-man is.

Comment by gale (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 08:42

Quick! To the nearest Cinnabon!

Whoever came up with the alt

Comment by Digi (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 09:23

Whoever came up with the alt text, I love them forever.

Also Evan is wonderful, though he will never replace John as BEST EVER.

Definitely a bird of prey.

Comment by Nex (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 09:26

Definitely a bird of prey. Maybe a shrike. I would like to look harmless like a mockingbird and then just stun everyone.

And furries are born :P

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 09:26

And furries are born :P

a smart man

Comment by lily (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 10:00

i'm all together suprised that you even needed 20 minutes when you have rook there to hand you your anwser. housecats all the way- evan gets it.

Wow

Comment by Meister Jazz (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 10:36

Today's [Yesterday's...] page gt a slew of comments. I love Evan's response and how Yuko drew him!

If I were an animal with my mental capabilities I'd be some sort of big cat, or maybe something that can somehow hold writing implements, i mean If I were still me I'd want to draw. Elephant, or maybe some sort of raccoon. Now I have a question to ponder for the rest of the day, and to ask my friends :D

What? No hovertext?

Comment by Vero (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 11:02

What? No hovertext?

Meow.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 11:13

Evan would be the best housecat.

The best.

(I'd be an otter, since assuming the whole 'retaining human mental faculties' thing that'd mean I'd have the dexterous hands necessary for awesome stuff like building a house but I'd be an otter, 'cause dude otters are awesome.

Also: All the really cool kids read Animorphs back in the day.

Although it saddens me that I have forgotten the names of the three known Andalites.

DOWN WITH YEERKS!

HOUSECAT.

Comment by Sary (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 11:13

I have to agree with Evan on this. I often tell my family that if there are other lives, I want to come back as a housecat to a good family; because our cats have it -so good-.

On a side note, I wish I could see you guys, but alas - the only Con I get to attend is Animazement! [Raleigh Convention Center - I can't blame you for not traveling out here, NC sucks!], and we were only there for about three hours on the first day, in total, this year. We actually didn't think we'd be able to go at all, but my sister conned my parents into lrtting her go and they were too lazy to drive us, so they foot the bill in exchange for my driving her :x But I hope you have fun, and I look forward to the next strip!