SPX this weekend!

SPX this weekend!

Thu, 09/09/2010 - 14:33 by Ananth in response to important answers to important questions

Sometimes Evan is like a laser, straight and true, and this was one of those times. And to be fair, he had a really good argument for being a cat, which he'll perhaps elaborate on in the comments if you really want to know. If you're coming to SPX, tell us what animal you would be!

Speaking of SPX, we'll be at booth F10 - see the handy map below,

and we will have these babies:

as well as some other books, assorted t-shirts, tote bags, bookmarks, keychains, originals ... and probably some other stuff. We're bringing a lot for you guys and gals! Speaking of packing, though, we actually have to pack our clothes so ... off we go! See you this weekend!

Comments

I totally would have picked

Comment by celebrian (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 11:13

I totally would have picked housecat. The cushy life my kitties have, AND my mental faculties? No contest :-).

yup

Comment by Darkoneko (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 12:28

a housecat. I totally agree with him :)

Good Question.

Comment by Seven (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 12:40

My favorite animal is fictional, which is likely outside the scope of speculation. Hmm. Probably a dragonfly or a rhinoceros beetle. The former because precision hovering could be neat, and insects are inconspicuous enough, and the latter because they're really kind of freaky, and no other creature could clear a room faster.

Either that, or you'd just get smushed.

Evan...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 12:40

WHY DOES HE HAVE NO EYES!?

VELOCIRAPTOR. Need I say

Comment by Brian (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 12:49

VELOCIRAPTOR.
Need I say more?

WHAT

Comment by Ferret Coldfinger (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 12:54

Yuko you stole my animal. Specifically the Honduran white bat http://www.jorymon.com/images/2009/march/bat5.jpg the cutest bat of all time anywhere ever forever.

SPX sounds like an amazing

Comment by yraelis (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 13:01

SPX sounds like an amazing con... I'm rather sad that the west coast is so farrrr.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the book. I keep thinking that they'd be printed on glossy paper, but the texture totally makes sense now.

Wait, so Aaron's not part of the Apartment of Crazy Comic Talent is he? I CAN'T BELIEVE THE WALLS AROUND YOU AREN'T SPARKLING WITH THE SHEER AWESOME IT IS CONTAINING.
Ahaha, which would be scary, but I'm sure could be possible. You all are talking about theoretically turning into animals! (I want to be a penguin. pretty extremeeee animals, sliding, swimming away, ridiculous shows of love. I'd do that)

Ye Mortals!

Comment by Stephen (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 13:10

Question not the Moustache! The Moustache has spoken!

seriously, he makes a comic announcing that his favorite thing is your cat...what ELSE would his choice be?

On that note, Animorphs was my favorite book series all through elementary school through highschool, which was when the series finally came to an end at 54 primary books, and at least 10 other side along books(time of the dinosaur still my favorite)

Well...

Comment by Bob (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 13:27

I'd be a pangolin... 'cause If I were a pangolin, I'd spend my days asleep within a burrow, and I'd look just like a pinecone with a tail...

Either that or some kind of parrot...

Otter

Comment by John Will Balsley (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 13:29

Because I could slide on my belly............better.

Why?

Comment by il biggo (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 14:32

Why would anyone think more than a second before replying "housecat"? Evan, you're my new hero .-)

Wolf. ...or...

Comment by Rainer (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 14:43

I love wolves, so I'd definitely be one.
But not being able to speak kinda bugs me...
Does it have to be a real animal? Because if not, I'd be a Winter Wolf, 'cause they can speak Common. Wait, no, they're classified as Monsters. But only because their intelligence score is over 2. But retaining my mental faculties kinda renders this distinction moot, wouldn't you say?
Huh...
Then a squirrel. With an unlimited supply of caffeinated drinks. Moving at the speed of light must be fun!
But still...
Aaagh... This is to difficult!

Drawback Of Being A Pet...

Comment by BullCityFats (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 15:13

..is you're likely to get fixed. I may go with lemur.

Ferret

Comment by Lauranne (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 15:55

I would soo be a ferret. Being able to fit in the tiniest places(under doors or under the couch and hide), be absolutely adorable, run through tunnels and have a huge hammock to sleep in....how lovely. Being super tiny would normal be a draw back but they're cunning and able to jump and clime well enough to get to most places people don't want you to(I still don't know how one of my ferrets manages to get on top of the dresser). Also, being able to open zippers and button without thumbs and you know take your owners wallet and hide it or even their debt cards and cash out. I could still open cabinets and get to whatever I wanted. I would be super fast, I could do the weasel war dance and dooka dook everywhere when I get excited. I'd get feed smoothies and soup and omelets. I could chew just about anything open and be too cute to get in any real trouble for it. It would be so fun.

random question: will you

Comment by Spizzy (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 17:39

random question: will you guys be at New york comiccon? I'm going to be helping my friend at her booth there and was curious if yall had a booth as well

LION

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 18:51

Because

Good answer, Evans

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 19:01

Also... Conrad has beard, what? O_o

That's Aaron Diaz, not Conrad

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 12:31

That's Aaron Diaz, not Conrad

Definitely a SQUIRREL!

Comment by John Todd (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 21:35

Squirrel, man definitely a squirrel think how nimble! Also with all the mental power of a person you could do anything, like find your nuts once you've buried them!!!!

I'm leaning towards DRAGON!

Comment by Sue Anne (not verified) Fri, 09/10/2010 - 22:56

I'm leaning towards DRAGON! But I know that I would either
a) be honoured as a wise all knowing awesome species by humans or
b) be hunted down and killed out of fear by humans.

Big risk XD But you know what,I'll probably go for that or some kinda bird. Always wanted to fly....

Gotta be a bird

Comment by Stephen (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 10:13

If you're going to transfer back and forth at will, I would have to go with a bird. I think my first preference would be a raven over a crow, despite all the obsession with eyeballs and carrion. Some sort of smaller falcon, like a peregrine would be on my list as well, just for the better eyesight and turns of speed (although the fastest sustained flight for birds is a goose of some kind I think).

If I had to be turned into something and could not turn back, a cat (maybe not explicitly a housecat) would be my choice. You'd want to be something people friendly. Cats, generally speaking, are way more independent than dogs.

Evan

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 11:13

First Evan is right house-cat,not just cause they get to be lazy but also because they are really agile.

Second I love Evans face in that last frame, it just shows how sure and steadfast in his decision he is, Good Job Yuko!

Octopus, definitely. The

Comment by Cascus (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 12:14

Octopus, definitely. The ability to change shape, texture, color, mimic other sea creatures. They got it all. I think all in all it would be a little extra fun to be some kind of bastard human/octopus hybrid. Best thief ever.

I'd miss my bones though. My precious precious bones.

A Buzzard. not too unlike

Comment by Chemical_Cutthroat (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 12:33

A Buzzard.

not too unlike being a human.
i get to chill on top of high cliffs or trees with my bros, like the ones in The Jungle Book.
and watch other animals get horribly mauled by each other and eat the loser.

or it could be kind of like watching one of those "America's Funniest Home Video" type of shows where we watch animals dumbly wander into the middle of the road and get smacked by SUVs.

good times.

only MAJOR downside is that Johnny Cash might stroll through the woods and light our asses on fire.

hm...

Comment by Jaci (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 13:13

Sloth.
I'd be a sloth.

SPX

Comment by Chami (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 14:50

Caught you guys at SPX today and got a copy of the book with a maw in a beret! Great printing, and you guys gave me a total DESIGN NERD moment when I recognized Museo as the typeface of choice for the body copy and back cover.

Also to stay in topic, ANTEATER. just because.

Oh man, someone recognized

Comment by Ananth Mon, 09/13/2010 - 01:41

Oh man, someone recognized it! Nice font catch.

To be fair, Museo's got that

Comment by Chami (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 23:32

To be fair, Museo's got that character and structure that makes it very easy to pick out... that and I spend too much time playing I Love Typography's "The Font Game" on the Metro.

I'd choose

Comment by BurntToShreds (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 16:33

I'd choose a giant isopod, just so I could freak people out and eat Doritos all day.

My sister thought

Comment by Beccy (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 18:42

My sister thought albatrosses were mythical creatures.

Ravens actually can imitate human voices surprising well, so perhaps with mental faculties intact, could talk? I dream about flying a lot, I wonder if it's actually the same...

I'd be a Gorilla! Its like

Comment by Ares (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 19:18

I'd be a Gorilla!
Its like being a human but bigger!
or maybe a bear...
I WANT TO BUY YOUR BOOK! HOW IS I DO THAT?

To quote Bart Simpson "No

Comment by Random (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 20:15

To quote Bart Simpson "No one ever suspects the butterfly"

I know...

Comment by John Kelly (not verified) Sat, 09/11/2010 - 21:14

I would be a... THE GARIES.

oh Evan. I love those

Comment by muffeein (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 09:22

oh Evan. I love those eyes.
Just wondering.. will you ship those online and in europe too? I'd LOVE to buy one, but I'm not quite sure I can move around the world to get to a con from italy.. pretty sure it'd be kinda expensive. D:

ALSO, found this and thought

Comment by Lela (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 09:43

ALSO, found this and thought of you Yuko:

Aaaaaaah

Comment by RikaNeko (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 10:09

Dawwww I want the book I want ittttttt but I can't get it till I get back to the USA. Getting mail where I am right now is shifty.

And loving how frank Evan is. I kinda wonder what other moments caused him to be so sure as well.

you know I've been asked

Comment by Mai (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 16:56

you know I've been asked that question since I was little and I've always given the same answer. Gryfalcon :) absolutely gorgeous birds.

Got no problems with eating raw meat as a falcon, since birds don't have the same taste buds as a human :P and I'd go with the whole reborn and get my memories back later when I'm older type transformation.

... god I'm sad I've thought about this far too much over the last 20 years of life.

Is that really an Animorphs

Comment by RunRinRun (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 18:52

Is that really an Animorphs reference in the hovertext?! 8D

You guys rule. <3

I would be a bear. Why?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 20:09

I would be a bear. Why? Because screw you, It's a damned bear, man.

EXACTLY. Bears ftw.

Comment by Jody (not verified) Tue, 09/06/2011 - 11:30

EXACTLY. Bears ftw.

I gotta say the first

Comment by Grey (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 22:19

I gotta say the first thought that popped into my head when I read that question was "cat". I was totally caught of guard when I scrolled down and read the rest of the comic. Even wins. I mean really, fruit bat?

I would be....

Comment by Katsuri (not verified) Sun, 09/12/2010 - 22:30

Homo Sapien, because I can do everything animals can't. And I have THUMBS.

Face it, humans rule the world.

P.S.
My second choice would be housecat. Third choice: horse.

Ana-friggin'-conda!

Comment by darth_franny (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 03:20

Just kidding. I also prefer to be a house cat or just a cat, especially if I could turn back. The heightened senses and agility are great. They're also very, VERY clean (mysophobic). What's more, "Neko girls"... 'Nuff said.

I know that thinking about neko girls is creepy, but I am slowly becoming an otaku, so, no surprise there...

PS: and balls of yarn, never forget balls of yarn!

PPS: If it included mythological animals, I might have chosen Phoenix or Sphinx or Basilisk.

Raccoon

Comment by J—dV. (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 03:39

Because it's the right answer (for me).

Animal..

Comment by Keither (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 06:11

I would be a parrot, or some other tropical bird.

1. You get to fly, which is something I've always wanted to do since I was a child.

2. You live in big social groups.

3. You live in a tropical paradise.

4. Parrots live for like.. 80 years oft times.

Idk it's never been on my list of coolest animals, but it just came to me when I thought about it.

Thank you!

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 06:40

I visited you guys and bought a book and a tote - and Ananth was nice enough to toss in a Puppy bookmark for me! <3 Thank you so much, it was nice meeting you both!

Oh, man; Uhhhh...

Comment by Pachurz (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 09:17

I want to say either a Caiman, an Asian Giant Wasp (2 inches long, them things!!!!), oooorrrrrr Jellyfish.

AKA

NOBODY WOULD MESS WITH ME. Except animals that wanted to get high while I was a jellyfish. OTL

Darlin' It's Better...

Comment by Niall (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 09:27

My first hope was for an amphibious bird, but I don't think they exist. I'll always choose swimming over flying, so perhaps a dugong?

Swimming Birds

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 08/29/2011 - 00:34

Penguins could work, unless you were searching for a bird that could swim in addition to flying.