SPX this weekend!

SPX this weekend!

Thu, 09/09/2010 - 14:33 by Ananth in response to important answers to important questions

Sometimes Evan is like a laser, straight and true, and this was one of those times. And to be fair, he had a really good argument for being a cat, which he'll perhaps elaborate on in the comments if you really want to know. If you're coming to SPX, tell us what animal you would be!

Speaking of SPX, we'll be at booth F10 - see the handy map below,

and we will have these babies:

as well as some other books, assorted t-shirts, tote bags, bookmarks, keychains, originals ... and probably some other stuff. We're bringing a lot for you guys and gals! Speaking of packing, though, we actually have to pack our clothes so ... off we go! See you this weekend!

Comments

Also...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 10:30

Who is that next to Yuko on the back of the book? Is that Aaron? Question... where is his other hand? There are 4 people, there should be 8 hands, I count 7. Am I missing something? Help!

Sorry

Comment by La Singe (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 10:47

I didn't mean to make that Anonymous. And I SHOULD have prefaced that statement with something more along the lines of, "That looks great! I'm ordering one as soon as I have the money..." So, forgive me, please?

And... I count 6 hands, but the guy on the far right has one that's obviously off-page. Sorry for the bad feed back... :-( I really do love you guys and the comic soooo much!

House cat?

Comment by Switchblade Stella (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 13:21

Now see, while I'd love the good life of the house cat, I'd be loathe to give up the feral cunning of its more wild counterparts, as well as the muscle strength and size advantage.

So would it be too out there of me to say perhaps a cross between a Felis catus (house cat) and a Lynx rufus (Bobcat)? I've owned several of these little cuties while living on a farm, and they never ceased to amaze me with not only their outstanding agility and ingenuity, but also their personability.

It'd be kind of like being a smarter, bigger, more athletic house cat. :D

Fun,

Comment by Joe (not verified) Mon, 09/13/2010 - 23:22

Fun, not-even-tangentially-related fact!
One of my roommates at school this year has no sense of smell. He says it doesn't bother him when we forget, but I still feel bad every time I do. Mostly because, when it comes up, I picture Conrad's big puppy-dog eyes in my head.

His macbook doesn't get heartbroken, though, so it's not as bad as it could be.

This question.

Comment by Belua (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 01:59

...it haunts my thoughts.

I'm pretty big on animals, extant or otherwise, so it's the sort of question I wind up agonizing over. I've done a lot of research to it (Something like 20 HOURS of browsing the internet for information, at least.)

I've got problems with some housecats, and I get along with ferals-turned-housecats better, but... Hmm... I think I'd have to go with a macaque. The world over, macaques have pretty much figured out their own uses for everything we've come up with, and there's at least one city in India where they're treated like cats in Egypt.

Since learned cultural traits can be transferred from troupe to troupe of macaques, if I could be accepted into one, I could probably cause a macaque renaissance.

Plus, Sun Wukong and Hanuman are pretty boss.

!

Comment by Belua (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 02:02

Reading that back, I have to say: OMIGOD I AM A NERD.

I asked my brother, who came

Comment by Elenaria (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 02:37

I asked my brother, who came up with an awesome answer. While I thoughtfully considered housecat, too, or maybe even better some kind of giant owl, he decided quite quickly on secretary bird.
A bird that STOMPS snakes to death and looks cool doing it? Why, yes please.

hmmm

Comment by Nick (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 04:46

TURTLE! End of discussion because you'd be able to be a ninja turtle and that would rock, sure you're useless outside the water but you're totally kick ass anyway so who cares!!!

Either that or any marsupial, they have two penis' i'd be like twice the man!

Designed by committee

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 08:25

I'd like to be a platypus. The only mammal with venom! Venom which doesn't paralyze, but causes intense pain by activating pain receptors! How cool is that?!

Is it just me...

Comment by TB (not verified) Sat, 09/18/2010 - 23:14

Is it just me thinking out loud here, but why stop at housecat? I would be a housetiger. Same good ol' cat feel with about 50 times the mass and power

There is only one choice

Comment by The Dooms (not verified) Mon, 10/18/2010 - 20:04

Koalacanth. Accept no substitutes.

I gotta say... I was all for

Comment by Wry Bread (not verified) Tue, 12/07/2010 - 21:40

I gotta say... I was all for bats before, but you make a hell of an argument!

I'm with Evan, though

Comment by Mightywombat (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 13:29

I'm with Evan, though I'd have to stipulate that I be an inside/outside cat. The cat's life is primo.

Hm...

Comment by Wry Bread (not verified) Tue, 12/07/2010 - 21:38

Also gonna have to go with bat! Flying-fox, if you please. They're big, curious, relatively friendly, fruit-eating (if sadly endangered) and they can fly. I'm studying biology right now, so I'm hoping to get to work with them someday.

I need a laptop sticker with

Comment by Nik (not verified) Wed, 12/08/2010 - 05:41

I need a laptop sticker with my animal of choice on it. D:

And thanks for reminding me of Animorphs, now I'm going to have to read it again. :P

Animorphs!

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 23:57

I used to love that series. I still love most of the books, though I don't really read them any more (I only own two, and one is missing).

Omnithea: I memorized Ax's full name fairly quickly. I used to know Elfangor's full name off the top of my head, but I don't think I ever learned Alooran's full name beyond reading it.

I will normally agree immediately with Evan (housecat Housecat HOUSECAT), then temporarily debating whether it would be better to be a pretty, wing-ed corvid or an awesome, potentially pretty, fluffy, taste-budded house cat, but if I were to make a snap judgement, I might recently have said liger (like some housecats, but enormous, so there's so much more fluffy kittiness to hug! I said it was a snap judgement, not a good judgement).
Overall: HOUSECAT.

- The Ruby Throated

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 10/11/2011 - 13:04

- The Ruby Throated Hummingbird
Inquisitive, fearless, and extremely protective.

At first i thought house cat

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 11/13/2011 - 03:48

At first i thought house cat as well but after some consideration I'd have to settle on a wolverine. The whole being relatively big, a survivalist and being able to survive in my favorite environ kind of trumps being able to laze around all day!

It had to be done

Comment by Crazi-siempre (not verified) Tue, 03/06/2012 - 18:12

Snake.

Comment by Lamiana (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 14:13

Yellow Eyelash Viper. Yes.

Because a cat's the only cat

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/26/2012 - 16:04

Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.