SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE SPX

SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE SPX

Tue, 09/14/2010 - 13:04 by Ananth in response to menagerie

This is the new image from the back of the business card we're handing out at shows. Pretty adorable! Yuko is a mastermind.

We're back from SPX! Thank you to everyone who came out to support us - or just to say hi! The books went like hotcakes and it's all thanks to you guys and gals, so - THANK YOU!! You really made our weekend. One Adam WarRock also made my weekend, but more about that soon!

Johnny Wander V1 will be available online, and we will be shipping international! Actually, we do international for everything in our store, but there seems to be some confusion in that regard - so we're clearing it up! The book will be available online in our store on September 28th - we're getting a pallet with the rest of our books on the 23rd and we just need a day or two to organize. We will also be offering a special artist edition of the book - Yuko will draw a hat of your choice (or she'll pick one) on the Maw on the first page. So that's that! Leave any more questions you have in the comments and I'll answer them in Thursday's post.

Again - thank you everyone who helped to make our first SPX a total success! We're positively glowing, you should see us.

Comments

Ooooh, I can't wait for the

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 13:30

Ooooh, I can't wait for the books! :D

Books!

Comment by Pip (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 13:35

Forgive me if I've somehow missed this somewhere along the line but how much are the books?

Also, still reeling from the knowledge that you guys and Evan Dahm are co-habiting.
How does the house not simply Explode From Awesome Creative?!

Oh, sheesh! The book is $12,

Comment by Ananth Tue, 09/14/2010 - 14:21

Oh, sheesh! The book is $12, sorry. Totally slipped my mind!

V2

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 13:52

V1 was so good I'm already anticipating the next release! You guys are so talented it's dumbfounding.

Thanks for drawing my hat at SPX, easily my favorite piece of clothing. Even more so now.

Looking forward to next year!

Who is that in the

Comment by nemryn (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 14:08

Who is that in the top-right, between Death and Matt?

It's Joannah - she's from a

Comment by Ananth Tue, 09/14/2010 - 14:22

It's Joannah - she's from a story that we'll be doing some time in the next couple of months. Hasn't been introduced yet!

She has

Comment by Naghan (not verified) Wed, 09/15/2010 - 13:22

Shes has - sort of:
Also: "They're two characters from a JW story we have in store further down the line! Keep an eye out for it some time next year. ;)"
That was in 2008.

I had to dig through the archive for it.

P.S.: Is there another way than paypal (just aksing, cause I dont hava pp and totaly want a book ... and a bookmark set)

yaaaay~

Comment by Suri (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 14:35

I'm excited for the release of the book!
Will the special artist edition be a sort of pre-order-like thing or will there be a pre-order at all?

There's no preorder! We'll

Comment by Ananth Tue, 09/14/2010 - 23:28

There's no preorder! We'll have the books very soon.

As I looked up from the

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 15:11

As I looked up from the bottom of my cup, full of the blackest coffee brew known to man, striking the refresh key with a resounding thunk, lo there, did I behold a wonderous sight.

...

Now I want one of your business cards.

Ooh shiny

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 15:31

Very cool business cards! Aww, and Rook, too! =D

Does Conrad's hair have

Comment by Jisuk (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 15:31

Does Conrad's hair have eyes? Like when it crawled off his head? Or are those just detail lines.

i noticed you have very

Comment by Jodie (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 17:48

i noticed you have very strong female characters in your fiction stories

no porblem i loves them <3

also who is that horned girl

Thank you! I am partial to

Comment by Ananth Tue, 09/14/2010 - 23:29

Thank you! I am partial to writing ladies over men.

The horned girl is Joannah, the protagonist of a short we haven't posted yet. Probably in the next few months.

Heart attack of the day...

Comment by Alison (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 17:58

I saw the So Long part of the subject and thought OH NO JOHNNY WANDER IS ENDING DX And then I realized I was wrong. Keep up the good work, guys!

Ahaha, naw ... we're here to

Comment by Ananth Tue, 09/14/2010 - 23:29

Ahaha, naw ... we're here to stay a while. ;)

Unintentional Awesomeness?

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 19:07

I love how there's a couple maws in the Autobio area.
An unintentional implication, I'm sure, but an awesome one nonetheless.

The Sacrifice Comics!

Comment by Joey (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 21:38

You guys seem to be Left 4 dead fans. I hope you're all aware that the first part of the sacrifice comics came out today!

Ooh, thank you!

Comment by Ananth Tue, 09/14/2010 - 23:29

Ooh, thank you!

The book is just utter

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 22:41

The book is just utter delight incarnate and I love it so bad... and I want to apologize for spazzing out at your table on Saturday and almost just walking off with it without paying after getting it signed.

Haha, no worries! Glad

Comment by Ananth Tue, 09/14/2010 - 23:30

Haha, no worries! Glad you're enjoying the book!

Books

Comment by Cat (not verified) Tue, 09/14/2010 - 23:06

Can't wait to order the book! And even more so with there being an artist edition. :D

Neko

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Wed, 09/15/2010 - 00:29

Will you guys be coming to nekocon in november? It is an east coast convention so I was curious to know if I would see you there so I can spend all my "hard" earned money buying awesome johnny wander items. D: I neeeeeed it!

I must admit, I extremely

Comment by Nik (not verified) Wed, 09/15/2010 - 04:18

I must admit, I extremely enjoy how you draw/color black things, such as Maw, Rook and Death.

Plus the fact (if unintentional) that you used the fold of the ribbon to make John look even taller. :P

Yuko! This card is amazing -

Comment by NatNat (not verified) Wed, 09/15/2010 - 04:51

Yuko! This card is amazing - I love it :)

Totally unrelated, but you

Comment by Rorschach (not verified) Wed, 09/15/2010 - 05:13

Totally unrelated, but you guys are into IKEA, right?
Have you heard about the IKEA train yet?

Yuko draws awesome hats. I

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Wed, 09/15/2010 - 07:32

Yuko draws awesome hats. I got a Fez on my Maw, and he looks rather dignified. He only needs a monocle!

FEZ!

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 19:51

High five for fellow Fez-wearing Maws! <3

Haha omg I just responded to

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 19:51

Haha omg I just responded to myself, I am way too sleepy

A fez is what I will be

Comment by Test_subj (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 06:31

A fez is what I will be ordering as well. Could always do a Maw on a fez, as well.

Don't worry, I'm not you.

Hats? YesPlease!

Comment by Psydotek (not verified) Wed, 09/15/2010 - 17:15

Hats on The Maw will make Johnny Wander the #1 webcomic-themed hat simulator in the world! Can I pick a hat from Team Fortress 2? ^_^

T-Shirt

Comment by Mimi (not verified) Wed, 09/15/2010 - 17:44

I hope you guys are able to see this and I apologize deeply if this has been asked before, but I remember Yuko designing a t-shirt that said "I'm not good at anything" on it. I believe I saw it on Threadless and the t-shirt design wasn't picked up. Considering that it wasn't, would you guys be able to sell that design on your own t-shirts through the store? Or is it still owned by Threadless? If you can use the design do you plans to make the t-shirt? I would so be willing to buy it if it was put up in the Johnny Wander store.

Huzzah!

Comment by Sir Banana, the third (not verified) Wed, 09/15/2010 - 17:57

Awesome update, not only do the cards look great, but theres a Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy reference! :)

Business Cards!

Comment by Chami (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 14:24

Beautiful image on the back of the cards, but what about the front?

And why weren't you giving those out at SPX? ;_;

Overseas?

Comment by Tom (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 23:19

Are you guys going to be able to ship the book overseas? Specifically to Australia? I'd love to have a copy, but I don't see myself being able to fly to america just to get one D:

wish i could have been there

Comment by ross (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 23:22

wish i could have been there and hung out with you guys! :(

Shipping

Comment by ty_ping (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 08:48

Can you ship to Japan? I'd love to get a book but I kind of don't live on your side of the ocean. I can pay the extra shipping ^_^

Oh wait I'm dumb

Comment by ty_ping (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 08:49

Nevermind re-read what you wrote, you CAN ship international. DUR DUR DUR. Ignore me.

Maw Hat

Comment by AnonyMouse (not verified) Sun, 09/11/2011 - 21:40

The Maw you drew for me is wonderful! When I got to your table, there was a surreal moment where my only thoughts were "There they are. They are on the cover. They are there and they are on the cover."
Hahaha, after getting the book my brain quit that cycle and floated in a cloud of delight instead.
Oh, right. Dragon-Maw is beautiful, thank you~

Characters

Comment by AnonymousEponymousBob (not verified) Sun, 04/22/2012 - 18:16

Is that-Shinigami, and Death the Kid riding his basilisk weapon? referring to Soul Eater anime.