Bergen St. Comics

Bergen St. Comics

Thu, 09/16/2010 - 21:12 by Ananth in response to i don't trust it

As it turns out, the Flavor Grenade is a type of Pluot, which is a hybrid plum/apricot. We'll probably go back for it.

Johnny Wander Vol. 1 is now available at Bergen St. Comics in Brooklyn! I'm not sure how many copies we have there, but it's not a lot! Consider them advance copies.

You guys had some questions about the book! Here are my responses,

1. The book is $12.

2. You can pay using a credit card via Paypal, if you don't have a Paypal account.

I think that was it! If you have any more questions, feel free. Refer to this post for more information.

That's all from us! Have a good one, see you next week!

Comments

I swear by my pretty blue bonnette

Comment by SpinCity (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 21:23

Well aren't you just a "BIG DAMN HERO"

A pluot sounds amazingly delicious they might in deed be too dangerous....I want to make jam out of it.

Why do I have a feeling, in

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 21:27

Why do I have a feeling, in that last panel, Ananth's eyes look like they did in that alternate ending from Very Important Questions 1...?

Either way, Flavour Grenade is an awesome name for a fruit. It HAS to be good. Like...an explosion of taste in your mouth.

in an instant

Comment by a commentor (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 21:41

if i saw something with a name like that i'd deffinitly buy one just to try it SCREW DANGER

Oh!

Comment by Trez (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 21:46

Definitely go back to get the Flavor Grenades, they are amazing! They live up to their explosive name....aahhh, now I want to go to the farmer's market....

can they only be eaten by

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 19:58

can they only be eaten by throwing them at each other?

KABOOM!

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 08:54

KABOOM!

never noticed that

Comment by a commentor (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 21:47

this is the first i've noticed yukos glasses change size to account for facial expressions, never payed much attention to that before

I wish the books came out

Comment by Beka (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 22:07

I wish the books came out before the 28th - my birthday is on the 27th x_x

P.S. I've had a flavor grenade and they are pretty tasty.

*slow clap*

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 22:12

IT'S A TRAP.

Pluot's.......

Comment by Lizzi (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 22:12

Pluots are wonderful things, but their skin is very tart, so I always skin them :)

Of pluots and men

Comment by Darb (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 22:15

Pluot season is winding down, so get them quick. What IS in season, though, are honeycrisp apples!

^^

Comment by Kimmik (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 22:39

I'm really excited for this book! Also, I am forever going to look for those while shopping.

That joke is so stupid it's

Comment by AryCapricat (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 22:52

That joke is so stupid it's hilarious!

It was mostly stupid so I'm

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 08:54

It was mostly stupid so I'm glad you found it funny!

I need to have some thrills

Comment by Evan (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 23:00

I need to have some thrills and try one of those Flavour Grenades.

Oh!

Comment by Kitty (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 23:08

i've had pluots! they're delicious!!! so are grapples!

this is the best comic i

Comment by Evan D (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 23:25

this is the best comic i have ever read and it is hilarious and whoever made it should be proud.

GET OUT OF MY HOWSE

Comment by Aido Thu, 09/16/2010 - 23:55

NO NEVER

ACCEPT IT

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 06:36

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delicious

Comment by Stew (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 23:40

Flavor Grenades are my favorite! Definitely go back.

LoLs @ Too Dangerous! $12

Comment by Corteks (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 23:52

LoLs @ Too Dangerous!

$12 for the book? Bargain if you ask me! ^_____^

Too dangerous

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 23:58

They can only be handled by a trained flavor explosives professional.

Where the heck

Comment by Ian Pond (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 00:34

I need to have one. As a chef I need to be able to say I have consumed a grenade of flavour.

Best still... I need to grow a flavour grenade plant... in my house.

I...want... YOUR

Comment by Nico (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 01:08

I...want... YOUR MERCHANDISE.

...but alas. I am broke... T_T

I will buy something from you...ONE DAY.

I really needed that smile

Comment by Shweta Narayan (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 01:39

I really needed that smile today. Thank you :)

:) Glad to help!

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 08:56

:) Glad to help!

Why do I imagine Ananth

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 01:48

Why do I imagine Ananth saying that in the most dead pan tone ever?

It was delivered with a

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 08:56

It was delivered with a total poker face.

If only...

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 02:06

If only Billy Mays was still alive, I can see him pitching a commercial about this.

"Each grenade is EXPLOSIVE of FRUITY FLAVOR!"

It's like a _______ in your mouth

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 09:16

It's the best plum you ever ate! Then you die...in a fruity explosion.

Fruit Markets

Comment by MeisterJ (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 09:31

That's one thing I miss when I'm not in New York, the street/corner fruit stand. I may not buy anything or something other then candy from inside, but now having one makes me sad. I like the grocery store, but when you're walking somewhere, or even driving somewhere and there's someone with a few bins of fruit, that's the best type of impulse purchase! I'm intrigued and I don't even like Apricots.

This actually happened in MD

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 08:57

This actually happened in MD while we were down for SPX, but it's the only fruit stand for miles. Your statement stands!

It's dangerous out there...

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 09:45

It's dangerous out there... take Rook with you! :P

On a somewhat related note, quick question; Is there any way I can get my hands on a Zoolology shirt bigger than L? (mens) I really want one, but the store only has L or smaller, and my physique just will not permit this.

Also somewhat related: Even thoough I live in NYC, I don't think I've ever been to Bergen St. Comics, although I now have a reason. Then again, I've also never bothered to visit the Statue of Liberty either.

Added 2 more Mens XL, just

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 09:00

Added 2 more Mens XL, just for you! Grab one quick! :)

Never been to the Statue of Liberty either! But Bergen is a relatively new store, and I like 'em a lot. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable - you can tell them what you're reading and they'll recommend new things based on that.

First off,

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Mon, 09/20/2010 - 09:54

First off, omgthankyousomuch! I just placed my order! :)

Bergen sounds great from what you are telling me, and I do like their website! (Yes, I judge stores based on their web pages. XD) Will have to make my way there and check it out.

Lastly, none of my friends who don't live here in the city can believe I've never been to see Lady Liberty. Their arguement is "Wow you should go, it's right there so you don't even have to go far." Coincidentally, this is also my arguement for not seeing it yet.

I love the way Yuko's

Comment by celebrian (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 11:28

I love the way Yuko's eyeglasses change depending on her expression.

I'm not much of a fan of pluots, though. :-\.

Comment by Shantal (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 12:39

Thank god Ananth was there. Yuko could have gotten hurt! Someone mentioned big damn hero from Firefly, in firefly they had grenades disguised as apples. WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED!?

I actually picked up the

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Mon, 09/20/2010 - 10:06

I actually picked up the habit of cutting my apples with a knife too, after seeing that episode. >.>

Flavor Grenade FTW!!

Comment by Boomer Gonzales (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 13:30

I love it so much I can't stand it!!

Even Yuko's expression is pure win. You can read her eyes just saying, "Darn it , Ananth. I wants mah Flavor Grenade!"

How does the fruit always

Comment by Stuff Artists Like (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 13:37

How does the fruit always look so good in NYC? In the Union Square market and anywhere else, it´s stacked into a cute little pyramid with a nice sign denoting its species...yum.

Those are usually the

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 09:02

Those are usually the farmers driving in their crop, so they are literally fresh off the farm. A lot of times the fruits taste like it too! :)

Grenades, explosively delicious~

Comment by Karuko (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 13:57

ohmygoodness. You guys don't know what you're missing. Grenades are soooo good~ Crunchy, squishy, AND juicy?! -insert Homerface here-

Pluot Deliciousness

Comment by kyrosion (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 14:13

You must go back and try one! Pluots are delicious... They are tied with pomegranates at the top of my list of favorite fruits <3

HONEYCRIIIIIISP OMFG

Comment by Mokitty (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 15:02

HAVE YOU TRIED THOSE APPLES THEY ARE AMAZING. They're bigger than other apples (usually) and they're like the most delicious thing I've ever tasted. I can't find any in the stores here, I think because they're seasonal. MAKE USE OF YOUR OPPORTUNITY AND EAT THEM! They might not be available for long... ; ^;

Honeycrisp are A++! We also

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 09:03

Honeycrisp are A++! We also like Pink Lady and Gala apples.

Someone should crossbreed

Comment by Clovis (not verified) Sun, 09/19/2010 - 07:12

Someone should crossbreed those two.

Lady Gala apples! >;D

Ohmygosh

Comment by Flammalea (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 15:41

Jumping on the 2 and getting your book right now! THISMUSTHAPPEN.

Also, does the money go straight to you guys? Or does the store get a commish? Would rather sit on my hands and wait if you guys get like two more dollars to make awesome with. *sillysilly*

The store gets a commish,

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 09:05

The store gets a commish, but if the books sell out we can stock more, and hopefully use that record to put our books in other stores. If you're willing to pick it up at the store it would be awesome if you did! We are trying to make a good impression on the shop staff, basically. :)

The book is excellent!

Comment by Flammalea (not verified) Sat, 09/18/2010 - 11:01

Got a chance to pick it up last night, its amazing! Love that illustration of you guys on the title page. Ohmygosh seriously a beautiful book!

The couple who ran the store were really impressed with you guys, especially the husband. He was amazed with your living situation (buncha artists/writers/designers) and your once a week drawing time together. Also he said a bookstore in Israel called asking to order a box of your books! Mission accomplished, the store loves you all now! :D

Oh wow, that's great news -

Comment by Ananth Sun, 09/19/2010 - 17:26

Oh wow, that's great news - thanks for the heads up! Glad you like the book! Blood sweat and tears, I tell you.

A store in Israel, wow! We're swinging by Monday to drop off some more copies, maybe we'll hear something about that then.