Bergen St. Comics

Bergen St. Comics

Thu, 09/16/2010 - 21:12 by Ananth in response to i don't trust it

As it turns out, the Flavor Grenade is a type of Pluot, which is a hybrid plum/apricot. We'll probably go back for it.

Johnny Wander Vol. 1 is now available at Bergen St. Comics in Brooklyn! I'm not sure how many copies we have there, but it's not a lot! Consider them advance copies.

You guys had some questions about the book! Here are my responses,

1. The book is $12.

2. You can pay using a credit card via Paypal, if you don't have a Paypal account.

I think that was it! If you have any more questions, feel free. Refer to this post for more information.

That's all from us! Have a good one, see you next week!

Comments

Grenades and That Guy

Comment by MrE (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 18:13

I've had pluots before, they exploded with juice so I guess "flavor grenades"
I spy the buff guy from the apartments? The one that scared Yuko. What is he doing following you guys D<

so THAT'S what they're called!!!

Comment by Kimmy (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 18:33

My friend and I were in the store the other day, and I saw something that looked like an apple but... did not FEEL like an apple. The worker said they were a plum/apricot hybrid, and without thinking I shouted, "GASP! They're PLAPRICOTS!!" And then the worker stopped talking to me.
Good to know what they're called. =)

holy crap. PLAPRICOTS

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 20:01

holy crap. PLAPRICOTS sounds WAY better than pluots!

plapricots make me think they will give a standing ovation of flavor in my mouth.

Pluot.... well, let's not go there.

Good to know...

Comment by Kimmy (not verified) Sat, 09/18/2010 - 10:36

Well, good to know that if YOU had been in the store, I wouldn't have gotten such strange looks! =)
I thought it was a good name, too!

Books...

Comment by Alison (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 20:12

Will you guys have the books at NEWW?

We will!

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 09:07

We will!

Yay!!

Comment by Alison (not verified) Sat, 09/18/2010 - 09:42

I will buy mine there then XD

*Gasp* Bookstore! But I'm broke~!

Comment by Lily (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 20:32

Yays! Vol. 1! In Brooklyn! Right near my school (yays) but I'm broke. :O, but I still want a look at the real, tangible one...ooohhhh

The reason this one makes me

Comment by Duessa (not verified) Fri, 09/17/2010 - 22:59

The reason this one makes me so happy is not just that it's hilarious but also because that is EXACTLY what my husband would do.

A question about the book...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 09/18/2010 - 03:37

...who's publishing it?

Just a detail I couldn't seem to find info on.

Self-published! Every dime

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 09:10

Self-published! Every dime from our own pocket and every hour on our schedule.

Question!

Comment by anivy (not verified) Sat, 09/18/2010 - 11:29

Uh, I haven't seen the answer to this elsewhere, so I thought I'd ask - are we foreigners able to buy the comic vol1 from you guys from abroad?!

Short answer: yes. Slightly

Comment by Ananth Sat, 09/18/2010 - 14:49

Short answer: yes. Slightly longer answer in the last post - third paragraph.

I bought some Pluots

Comment by Enma (not verified) Sat, 09/18/2010 - 15:50

I bought some Pluots yesterday. Just because of you guys.

Also, I want to buy the book so bad. I'm poor. :(

Where uh, can I buy the book

Comment by LEM (not verified) Sat, 09/18/2010 - 23:48

Where uh, can I buy the book online? D: or is that not available?

They'll be available next

Comment by Ananth Sun, 09/19/2010 - 08:58

They'll be available next week. :)

They be explodin'

Comment by Pour Sabbeeng Sawd (not verified) Sun, 09/19/2010 - 04:05

Flava 'nades, yo.

Sold Out Already!

Comment by Alex Erde (not verified) Sun, 09/19/2010 - 15:18

Its only Sunday and i drove all the way to Bergen St Comics and I looked all around and then asked the owner who told me they sold out very quickly. They said that they would order some more, but you should organize a release party with the store! The owners are very nice folks and did release parties for other comics, i would love to meet The both of you and get a signed copy. And i think you should have a chance to celebrate the release with fans.

Whoa! We're bringing more

Comment by Ananth Sun, 09/19/2010 - 16:36

A release party is a great idea - we just weren't sure if there was a lot of interest for that sort of thing. I'll ask, thanks for the suggestion! I think notice might be too short this time around, sadly.

Sorry you drove all the way out there for nothing! ): We're going to bring new copies over on Monday.

Well thats good.

Comment by Alex Erde (not verified) Sun, 09/19/2010 - 17:59

I think there are a lot of people in just the last few previous comments who are in the area or are willing to drive in just to pick up the book. I think if you throw in the option of getting to meet you and Yuko in person without having to go to a huge con people would be totally down for that. I mentioned the release party to the female co-owner of the store, Amy, and she's pretty exhausted setting up for the Nathan Fox release party right before comic con, but I think if you tell her that you'd be interested and offer to help out I think you could totally use the store space.

I know at the last party I went to, there was wine and juice and desserts. But seriously I think it would be fun if it was just the two of you signing copies and getting photos taken with, a mountain of Flavor Grenades, and shirts from your site store sold with some extra cat hair supplied by Rook. I think if you advertised the party on the site and set it for a week or two from now I think you could easily get loads of people to show up. And then your flavor bomb them!

And don't worry about making me drive all the way, I was already in the area on account of a date I was on. Hopefully if things went well I will be back in the area soon enough.

Pluots are big in our house

Comment by justJENN (not verified) Sun, 09/19/2010 - 18:02

Pluots are big in our house - awesome.

Entirely off topic

Comment by Denis (not verified) Sun, 09/19/2010 - 23:48

So, I know this is entirely off topic, but I didnt want to go through the trouble of creating an account at applegeeks, but Ananth, how often does the applegeeks update? I tried to find a FAQ but failed...

My thanks,

DL

comic shop

Comment by Rufus (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 12:18

How I did not know there was a comic shop a couple of subway stops away from me I will never know.

Although my pockets may not thank you I do.

WIN.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 13:17

Now I can't decide whether

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 17:32

Now I can't decide whether they were trying to imply the explosiveness of the flavor or just trying to associate this type of pluot with pomegranates.

I thought that plum/apricot

Comment by Ellemar (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 14:49

I thought that plum/apricot things were called Aprium's?