Call Me Johnny Wander

Call Me Johnny Wander

Tue, 09/21/2010 - 21:52 by Ananth in response to motivational speaker

Hahaha ... this one cracks me up. I love the astronaut in his glasses. This comic was actually done hours ago, but we didn't have internet access at that point.

Also: the books arrived! They will be available for sale on September 28th for $12 + shipping (price undetermined for the artist edition), and we will be shipping internationally. For those of you who are looking to pick up a copy earlier, Bergen St. Comics in Brooklyn is now restocked with more copies.

Before we wrap this up, I just wanted to point you at this other post about the song/rap that Adam WarRock put together about Johnny Wander - too cool. Enjoy!

See you Thursday!

Comments

I want the artist edition!

Comment by OrcishIncubus (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 22:11

I want the artist edition! When are they available for pre-order?!

Non-Sequitor

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 22:12

You ever play that Shoot the Moon game as a kid? Damn near impossible!

Joooohn!~ <3

Comment by Judy K (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 22:19

Oh you!~ <3

Somebody needs to give this

Comment by frankwolftown (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 22:31

Somebody needs to give this guy some pot! He gets way to riled up!

John is so awesome. I want

Comment by Lleu (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 22:33

John is so awesome. I want to meet him someday.

My favorite comic in a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 22:38

My favorite comic in a while, thanks guys...you can see the history of Johnny Wander in this one, from the mug collection to the explosively multiplying spider plants :)

Mugs

Comment by Kevin (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 22:50

I spot the mug rack in the background. :D

Oh, god! I think this is my

Comment by Diem-fish (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 22:52

Oh, god! I think this is my favorite Johnism ever. It's awesome!

I also love the little astronaut in the glasses. ^.^

Words to live by Everyday of

Comment by AryCapricat (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 23:50

Words to live by

Everyday of your life

John needs to start doing

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Tue, 09/21/2010 - 23:57

John needs to start doing these in Haiku format.

That's what I've been

Comment by Raegan (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 00:07

That's what I've been saying! /The moon is closer than the stars./

Heee

Comment by Kate (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 00:10

I love all the people in the comic, but this guy is definitely my favorite.

What a great way to end a

Comment by Francisco Illanes (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 00:27

What a great way to end a long day of school and work. The people sleeping here while I bust out laughing may disagree, though. Thanks!

So how often does John come up with these?

Comment by Matt (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 00:47

And is it just like a spur of the moment thing? Do you have to be on your guard for depression and/or fear at any given point when near him?

New Johnism

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 01:47

Finally, a new Johnism, and it's beautiful

NASA, I demand you to make the SPACE CANNON! or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_gun

and shooting people and stuffs to the moon, cowboy style!

They say the eyes are a window of the soul...

Comment by Cowdog (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 02:58

But maybe in this comic's case that's a bit too literal? -_-;

Context?

Comment by Thom (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 04:04

I think what I like most is that he apparently said it having just made himself a sandwich. I love the idea that he just came out with this in the middle of the kitchen with no context whatsoever.

Is that Jubal Early floating

Comment by Oliver (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 04:13

Is that Jubal Early floating in his glasses?

LOL

Comment by Vinia (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 07:35

Oh John, such an infinite fountain of wisdom.

The tint of the sunglasses

Comment by TEi (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 09:24

The tint of the sunglasses and the fact that this allllmost sounds like a one-liner makes me want to shout "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH."

John = awesome

Comment by Cecil (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 10:00

I must one day meet John.

From your comment I misread

Comment by Nononymous (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 10:16

From your comment I misread it as John being an astronaut with glasses. And then the whole strip made me think of Moon, which is a brilliant movie by Zowie Bowie.

Also, LOL.

All that is missing now is

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 10:46

All that is missing now is Ice Bat. (I'm saying this because I saw an Ice Bat lunchbox this morning, and thought to myself "24 is not too old to carry an awesome lunchbox around... right?")

On a side note, oh man, I totally want to go to Bergen and pick up a copy of the book, BUT I also totally would love the artist edition. You have indeed presented me with a clever little predicament. Do I get win and awesome right away, or wait and go for the gold?

Ugh, decisions.

I love you, John.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 10:58

John, I love you.

Oh John,

Comment by Wulfwood (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 11:11

We love you terribly..

Johnism

Comment by M3rcd (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 12:20

Can't wait to obtain your book <3

Though, John should get cracking on a book. A book full of Johnisms

Oh, John. :) I just want to

Comment by Mousey (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 12:32

Oh, John. :) I just want to give you the biggest hugs! I bet you give great hugs.

I always thought I was the

Comment by Sarah (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 12:50

I always thought I was the only one who put that much thought into that old saying. Like, seriously. Who believes the stars are between here and the moon?? Jeez.

John Needs a Girlfriend

Comment by Mal (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 13:20

I'm single.

this is hilarious! Your

Comment by Rachel (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 16:41

this is hilarious! Your comics archive link is busted though :( I wanted to look back to see if I've missed any

Shoot the moon

Comment by Bakamoichigei (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 17:28

Oh man... I almost think this should be redone as a poster! xD

...yes. Johnisms are my

Comment by Digi (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 17:53

...yes. Johnisms are my favorite thing ever. I just wish I knew if he actually says this stuff out of the blue.

Special guest: Wolf the Spider Plant

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 19:29

We haven't seen Wolf the spider plant in awhile. :D

And since John's new variation of the quote, it sounds better than aiming for the stars. Burning up in nuclear fusion is not the best way to die.

Any chance these books will

Comment by Zehnoda (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 21:32

Any chance these books will be signed. I am a sucker for that kind of stuff.

oh john

Comment by lily (not verified) Wed, 09/22/2010 - 22:03

i love you.

though the best johnism is still "you should shoot him where it hurts... anywhere."

Jooohn!

Comment by Irina (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 05:35

Oh John, will there be a chick-fight over you? Where do I sign up?

Reminds me of Miles

Comment by Nik (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 06:22

Reminds me of Miles Vorkosigan novels, where one character says: "Aim for the stars; if you miss, at least you won't blow your foot off."

I don't know if this has

Comment by Jessyka (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 08:46

I don't know if this has been said before, but there totally needs to be Johnism t-shirts. I would buy them all.

Seconded!

Comment by vakkanal (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 09:16

I'll second that motion! I would totally buy Johnism t-shirts. Also, if I was a girl, I'd be in love, much like I love Randall Munroe, but alas; 'twas not meant to be.

This has been done before,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 14:45

This has been done before, sort of!

I heart johnisms

Comment by Morgan (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 15:54

I heart johnisms

I would buy this as a print,

Comment by Aube (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 17:05

I would buy this as a print, John is hilarious. Can't wait for the book!

AAAAA!!

Comment by dcorsetto (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 18:02

AAAAA I have this dream all the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!!!

(Not of John, of floating off into space, to my death!)

Hahaha oh nooooo!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/23/2010 - 21:28

Hahaha oh nooooo!

Okay, wow. I said something

Comment by Geek-Chan (not verified) Thu, 09/23/2010 - 23:44

Okay, wow. I said something of the same matter back in grade 9.

I saw the motivational strip on the wall, and I got the teacher's attention.

"If you shot for the moon, and missed, and still landed among the stars, you would die. Horribly."

Thanks for the memories!

Books! Do want!!!

Comment by Ares (not verified) Fri, 09/24/2010 - 17:33

How much would you charge for a copy signed by everyone in the house with a group picture?

You should make a coffee

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 09/27/2010 - 00:24

You should make a coffee table book of John saying things.

Reminds me...

Comment by Brandon (not verified) Mon, 09/27/2010 - 13:00

I thought he was referencing Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, or something. Which he totally could. He doesn't even need Kamina glasses.

Prints

Comment by Melissa (not verified) Mon, 09/27/2010 - 19:05

I would absolutely buy a poster or print of this!

I would purchase this...

Comment by Michael (not verified) Fri, 10/22/2010 - 01:43

as either a big poster or a t-shirt. Yes. Definitely. Read this. Take my money. O_o