JW V1 addendum! And Yuko "Cosmos" Ota.

JW V1 addendum! And Yuko "Cosmos" Ota.

Thu, 09/30/2010 - 14:38 by Ananth in response to good thing: y/n

Oh John, you always know just what to say.

Guys and gals, due to the volume of orders we've received we have to make a small change to the Special Edition - Yuko will still do a hat sketch on the Maw logo in the book, but it's now going to be random. Anyone who has already ordered and made a hat request - you will get what you asked for. It's just from here on out. Thanks for understanding! We underestimated you guys (and you are awesome for it!) and we really want to make sure we can get these books shipped out to you in a timely manner. For those that missed it: our book is officially up in the store:

See you guys next week! I'm going back to my throne of shipping supplies, from which I will pack your orders.

Comments

Raise your hand if you

Comment by Socky (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 14:41

Raise your hand if you shamefully had to google who Carl Sagan was...(I did)

Hand Raised

Comment by djSARS (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 15:01

I had to google the guy <_<

On another note, I'm happy I ordered early enough to get a custom hat. CAN'T WAIT!!

Hat

Comment by Corteks (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 22:31

I'm really happy I ordered early enough to get a personalized hat too! ^_^

I hope you guys are gonna upload a list of some of the hats requested at some point. Would be fun to see what some people asked for!

Yep, had to check. Knew the

Comment by Lancer2010 (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 20:23

Yep, had to check. Knew the name, couldn't remember why though.

Better than me, if I were to let my hair get long, it would turn into a mullet. *shudder*

*totally wants a Guybrush

Comment by R (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 15:06

*totally wants a Guybrush Threepwood cut too* D:

Not to mention the special edition book!

Aah, Guybrush Threepwood!

Comment by sn (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 15:09

Aah, Guybrush Threepwood! 1000+ Internets to you for the epic nostalgia trip you just sent me on. :-)

Guybrush

Comment by Corteks (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 00:51

If you enjoyed that I'm sure you'll enjoy this...

I thought the hand soap

Comment by Omnithea (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 15:19

I thought the hand soap dispenser was a razor at first. I was worried that this was going to be the most awkward comic to date.

Why is this a bad thing? I

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 15:31

Why is this a bad thing? I would love to sport the Hagan look. I'm doomed have a jew fro for the rest of my life.

A Proud haircut

Comment by Esuka (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 15:35

of all the haircuts you could have had, Carl Sagan is certainly not the worst. He had alright hair imo.

You also apparently have

Comment by Zak (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 15:39

You also apparently have sideburns? (the best sideburns)

lulz

Comment by Alicia (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 15:44

This comic made me spit Fanta onto my keyboard at work. (Thank god I didn't spit onto my phone where I was checking out the comic!)

I once had a haircut that made me look like the youngest Brady boy.. my little sister would hum The Brady bunch when I entered the room. From then on I let my hair grow out.

Now I just look like.. pippie long stockings. ....

:D I am so happy I ordered the book omgomg I can't wait to see it!

Nothing wrong

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 15:52

-with having his hair.
On that note though, have you ever considered letting hair grow past the shoulders and see how that works out for you?

Haha

Comment by Aido Thu, 09/30/2010 - 16:28

I actually had hair to my waist until the end of high school.  I lopped it all off once I got to college. XD

holycrap

Comment by Elliotte (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 20:11

no wayy! I'm a senior in high school and I just chopped off all my hair :] it wasn't quite that long though....only about mid-ribcage.

but you should go shorter! embrace the fact that you have the face shape for it :D

Well...

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 21:21

I've always thought your current hairstyle resembles Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club.
But now that you mentioned Carl Sagan... (hmm)

D:

Comment by Shaina! (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 03:45

Oh man that is me right now actually. I am flying out to college tomorrow in fact! But I don't think I could actually cut my hair. D:

It seems like a good thing to me...

Comment by Zero92 (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 16:34

Carl Sagan was a stone cold fox back in the day. Stone cold.

Well he's still stone cold,

Comment by Reynard (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 23:25

Well he's still stone cold, just in a slightly different way than you mean...

Yeah...

Comment by Zero92 (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 18:32

I bet he's still one foxy corpse, though.

Kind of a cosmic soup.

Comment by LadyChrisA (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 16:36

Oh, memories of watching Carl Sagan. :D My brother would run around saying "billions and billions" just randomly. lol! And I suddenly feel really old. :P
And a throne of shipping supplies is quite an enviable throne I might add. lol!

Atleast

Comment by Suri (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 17:15

Atleast Yuko looks cute with the hair cut, right? :D

aaah. D: I'm a bit worried about the custom hat thing. My mom ordered it for me for my birthday and I told her I wanted a shako on my maw. I asked her just now about it, and she said she ordered it already, but I don't know when. >_<;;

If you e-mail me with the

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/30/2010 - 19:20

If you e-mail me with the name under which your order was made, the day it was made, and your hat request, I can try to squeeze it in!

Okay. Thank you! :D

Comment by Suri (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 22:52

Okay. Thank you! :D

Carl Sagan is awesome

Comment by tynam (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 19:20

To be remotely associated to Carl Sagan, even aesthetically, is something to be proud of! Who wouldn't want to be closer to THIS EMBODIMENT OF PURE GENIUS!

Aw, Yuko, don't worry. It

Comment by Yu Huo (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 19:22

Aw, Yuko, don't worry. It looked good enough on him and it looks way better on you.

Word! Take good care of it,

Comment by Reynard (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 23:37

Word! Take good care of it, and it'll take good care of you. (I don't know what the heck that actually means, but my grandfather used to say it to me whenever he cut my hair.)

As far as hair goes

Comment by Walter (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 19:53

As far as hair-cuts go, Carl Sagan isn't that bad, even for a girl. Just imagine having Einstein or something similar, plus you can always let it grow long. I had to put up with people saying I looked like Culkin (Home Alone) growing up.

Carl Sagan rocked, though.

Comment by diTaykan (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 21:33

Carl Sagan rocked, though.

Glad I got a fish hat at

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 21:51

Glad I got a fish hat at SPX...

Common Yuko, Carl Sagan hair

Comment by Vinia (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 22:17

Common Yuko, Carl Sagan hair is pretty sweet.

I've died of love. Carl

Comment by Shouri (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 23:37

I've died of love.

Carl Sagan = best person ever. Ergo, best haircut ever (Rock the 70's. Rock 'em.)

(So crushed to read that people don't know him ;-; He's such a huge source of inspiration for me.)

!

Comment by eliza munson (not verified) Thu, 09/30/2010 - 23:48

If hirsute history approves it can't possibly be a bad thing. Sagan!

If you wish to make...

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 01:22

a dream curry from scratch.

You must first...Invent Johnny Wander.

RANDOM HATS!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 01:57

I AM SO EXCITED.

If it makes Yuko feel any better...

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 02:02

My hair resembles something a bit like Andy Warhol now. I keep trying to go for an anime look with white hair, but... yeah, it doesn't quite work out so well :x

But Carl Sagan is

Comment by Lekz (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 02:18

But Carl Sagan is AWESOMAZING, so it's okay :)!

I think Carl Sagan has an

Comment by fennec (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 03:36

I think Carl Sagan has an alright haircut. It could definitely be worse though, you could have Mick Jagger's hair.

Re: hairdo

Comment by Just Jav (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 04:03

Billions and Billions.

That is all.

Billions and billions of

Comment by Pandiculator (not verified) Sat, 10/02/2010 - 13:39

Billions and billions of gently flowing hairs, coming into place to form what is perhaps one of the sharpest-looking cuts of all time.

Maybe?

At least she doesn't sound

Comment by Arsnof (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 05:47

At least she doesn't sound like Kermit the Frog, right?

Just because of that

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 06:30

Just because of that comment, I'm going to ask Yuko to do an imitation of Kermit perchance I see her in the future.

It will be the best thing ever.

I LOVE YOU.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 10:24

I LOVE YOU.

If I may say so....

Comment by valis_kr3 (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 10:59

If I may so Yuko is a lot cuter than Carl Sagan.

Sagan-Cut

Comment by Butterfly Nebula (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 16:42

Sagan and his haircut are both GLORIOUS.

Wear it proudly.

For SCIENCE.

eyes

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 19:12

It's sort of weird seeing eyes instead of magic transforming glasses.

This comic scared me into

Comment by ALMs (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 19:32

This comic scared me into getting a haircut.
Now I look like Stephen Hawking.

Thanks.

A Moral Obligation

Comment by Aaron Diaz (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 20:30

Yuko, it's time the truth came out: the only reason I'm you're friend is because I'm secretly expecting you to start hosting your own PBS science show.

PBS

Comment by Heath (not verified) Fri, 10/01/2010 - 23:08

Made possible by viewers like you! :)

That would be both

Comment by Snazzy (not verified) Sat, 10/02/2010 - 00:11

That would be both entertaining and informative. Shall we get a petition together? lol