Orders are shipping!

Orders are shipping!

Tue, 10/05/2010 - 19:39 by Ananth in response to the most cleverest of cats

Gonta is ... sigh. It's a good thing he's a housecat.

Johnny Wander Vol. 1 is out!

I have to add a side banner soon, it has been a little hectic.

We have already begun shipping orders! Hopefully some of you are already receiving them - I got some twitter messages to that effect. We're mailing them as quickly as possible - if you ordered your book last week we will definitely be shipping it within the next 2 weeks.

NYCC! We won't have a table there, sadly (unless there's a miracle!), but we WILL be walking around. Feel free to flag us down and say hello, don't be shy! We certainly don't bite.

I think that's it. If it's not, well ... oops. See you Thursday!

Comments

cats

Comment by Jennish (not verified) Wed, 10/06/2010 - 19:43

hahahah these are our two cats to the T. Bb (originally named Babykitty) has gotten so skittish around people like Gonta and has come up with a new game he thinks is fun! It's called "Oops I've locked myself in the bathroom, come and save me and I'll give you love :D" (except when other people are around, that's when it's time to hide under our duvet and cower) Our other cat, Deafcat (yes he's deaf), is totally Rook all "MOWW MOWW GUYS LET ME IN HELLO MOWWW *sits, looks at door, scratches, rolls over, plays with it, eventually gets it open*"

Oh god!

Comment by Diem-face (not verified) Wed, 10/06/2010 - 20:07

I love comics about Gonta so much. :D I've never known a cat that scared of everything. My big Siamese used to be a scardy cat, but she got over that quickly, and she was never as bad at Gonta. I remember once when she tried to hide behind a vacuum cleaner attachment, which was just a thin tube. It was pretty funny.

In other news, I recently got a job, so I'll be able to buy stuff soon! OMG YAY!

I have a cat story, surprisingly

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Wed, 10/06/2010 - 20:34

My girlfriend's cat, Bubby (or Bully, yes he has two names) can push open doors, but I've never seen him pull one open. He seems to know when he can easily pass through one.

He settles the problems of closed doors by sitting outside mine and yowling for hours. If he assumes I'm awake he will not go away...until I leave my room and feed him.

Yep, in six months he's learned that I'm the guy that can find the food...woe is me...

Oh, gosh. My sister's tard

Comment by Skye (not verified) Wed, 10/06/2010 - 21:17

Oh, gosh. My sister's tard cat is a combination of Gonta and Rook, with Gonta's end result... He makes a LOT of noise... And my new kitten is a combination of Mika and Rook. She makes a lot of noise and then somehow manages to get out without me even having to get up from my bed. (At least she's smart enough to know NOT to stay in my room -- which has no litter box -- when she needs to use the litter box.)

YES YES YES Please do more

Comment by Rina (not verified) Wed, 10/06/2010 - 21:39

YES YES YES

Please do more Gonta strips? I love them. Love them to the point of insane giggles.

I got a derby, thanks so

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 10/06/2010 - 23:09

I got a derby, thanks so much! Maw looks very......dapper.

My cat starts out like Mika

Comment by Kei (not verified) Thu, 10/07/2010 - 03:38

My cat starts out like Mika in panel one. But his paw is kinda big and so between the paw and his nose, he ends up pushing the door until there's no gap anymore.

Then he moves onto Rook's method in panel 3, trying to pull the door open, but generally hinders all progress by keeping his back feet on the door, holding it in place.

Finally, he starts whining about it and winds up pushing the door shut with his face or feet. Then he meows, paws at the door and looks for me. -_-;

God, the cats she draws are

Comment by Gold (not verified) Thu, 10/07/2010 - 05:52

God, the cats she draws are so cute.

Cats

Comment by pixiekhatt (not verified) Thu, 10/07/2010 - 08:14

My cat Luna, is generally like Mika... which is annoying when she paws open our back door (which can only be 'closed' from the inside..) and sneaks into the back yard. At least she doesn't run when I go get her.. usually..

My mom's cat, Cookie, is one of the smartest cats I've seen. He can open any door that has a latch handle. Doorknobs are the bane of his existence. He jumps up, grabs the handle, pulls (jumps/wiggles) to make sure the door opens, then jumps down and paws the door open. If you lock the door, he gets really annoying because he keeps jumping up and pulling on the handle, and then pawing at the door, and eventually starts meowing.

My in-laws had a cat that could open the fridge.. they had to actually put a lock on their refrigerator or they'd come home to find it wide open with food strewn across the floor that the cat decided he wanted. Same for the food cabinets. Child safety locks for everything..

The cats are my favorite

Comment by celebrian (not verified) Thu, 10/07/2010 - 11:38

The cats are my favorite part of this webcomic. Gonta's take on the door almost made me spit my coffee! :-)

I have a dog like Gonta.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 10/07/2010 - 16:17

I have a dog like Gonta. She's scared of everything and everyone! (She can open doors though.) She has some pretty cat-like qualities- she rubs up against people's legs and walls/couches, she hates water, and she likes to jump up onto the top of my couch (even though she's a really fat cocker spaniel haha.)

Anyhow, this comic is adorable. Mika looks gorgeous!

Got it Friday!

Comment by Kent (not verified) Sat, 10/09/2010 - 10:44

When I opened my mailbox Friday, I was thrilled to see "Maw" looking back at me on the shipping label. Honestly, that just sums up what I love about you guys: You don't do anything half-way. There is just a sense of love that you put into everything you do.

The book is a gorgeous bit of print work and design sense. As a graphic designer, I am constantly inspired by your work. The writings are relatable without getting preachy or cynical. The art is beautifully innocent while technically solid and engaging. Both are the kinda cute that a grown man (I'm 29 :-) can read in public and not feel awkward in the least (until you break into a fit of uncontrolled laughter. That garners a few looks...)

I will continue to be a fan and look forward to Volume 2! Love live JW!

We had a dog like that

Comment by Green Giant (not verified) Sun, 10/10/2010 - 01:28

that was something you found out when she ate all the cookies from the storage closet or that delicious sausage my mom left on the counter.

you bad clever dog, you.

^_^

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 10/14/2010 - 20:38

i love love love love your cat comics. rook is just like my shinobi ^_^ not the smartest cat but can still fend for himself... most of the times :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Comment by Ashley (not verified) Thu, 10/14/2010 - 21:07

I want them!!!!

The Gonta complex

Comment by Emm (not verified) Fri, 11/05/2010 - 02:05

I think there should be a saying...

"You're not scared until you're Gonta."

I'm seriously thinking of having Gonta as a second name for my cat :P

Maybe Gonta just hates open

Comment by paper11 (not verified) Sun, 12/05/2010 - 00:23

Maybe Gonta just hates open doors.

Anyway, I got to get that boook. Too bad I'm from the west side of Canada. I'm going to have to order it online.

John's face on the cover

Comment by Ruby (not verified) Thu, 01/13/2011 - 19:43

John's face on the cover alone makes me want it lol

my dog will go into the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 06/15/2011 - 15:24

my dog will go into the bathroom (that you push into) and then we hear the all familiar *click* and then we all sigh and hear murmurs and then eventually will go and get and get him. but im pretty sure this hppens 1 to 2 times a day.

Laughs. All of them.

Comment by lostGash (not verified) Thu, 06/23/2011 - 23:24

I find this particular comic hilarious. I just finished the archive up to 6-23-11 (the day of this post) and honestly I had to come back to this one again because I laughed out loud when I saw Gonta's face when he shut the door.
Hilarious.
Then seeing Yuko's disappointment makes me laugh harder.

Cats and Doors

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 00:10

Gargamel (My cat): Can and will open any door but the hall bathroom door and the front door, but can't find his food if the kitchen is dark unless someone walks him to it.

Tia(mat) (A gift to me, but she seems to consider herself my mom's companion): Doesn't seem to bother with doors.

Kuro (my fiancianciance'eeee's family's cat [hi, people going on an Archive Binge!]): Opens doors if they are not latched.

Karma (my fiancée's cat): Gonta. So, /so/ Gonta. In all other contexts, she's a Rook, but she's a Gonta when it comes to doors.

oh goodness, this reminds me...

Comment by anonymousse (not verified) Fri, 01/06/2012 - 08:48

for a while, we had those wire mesh windows in the doors during the summer, and when my mom's cat wanted outside and we didn't open the door for him, he'd literally jump straight through it and make a huge hole in it. once we put the glass up in the window for winter and he smacked his head right on the door, ahaha.

my cat will try and turn the knob

Comment by Kateweb (not verified) Thu, 03/22/2012 - 18:11

but she fails without thumbs

With havin so much written

Comment by Keven Randhawa (not verified) Thu, 05/24/2012 - 13:47

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of exclusive content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being stolen? I'd genuinely appreciate it. Keven Randhawa