Regarding your orders!

Regarding your orders!

Tue, 10/12/2010 - 18:07 by Ananth in response to oh no don't do that

You learn not to do this quickly ... at least if you don't want to get sick. I'm not really a germaphobe, but Yuko and I do tend to carry a bottle of hand sanitizer these days.

Johnny Wander V1 orders: they are coming! If you ordered on the 28th, your order is out the door. If you ordered on the 29th, your order will ship tomorrow at the latest. Thanks for your patience!

A lot of you swung by and said hi during the signing at the Lerner booth at NYCC on Saturday - thanks! We brought just enough books to accommodate everyone. Thanks to those of you who brought us something - we got coffee, a handmade dinosaur sticker, an origami cicada (mind-blowing), pastries, fanart, some keychains and lots of great minis. We're still going through everything!

I think that's it. We're pretty wiped (I got sick!), but we should be back to normal by the end of the week. Right? Right!

Comments

Oh god, Yuko's face in the

Comment by Sybil (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 18:26

Oh god, Yuko's face in the last panel is so cute. xDD

SWEET

Comment by Alli B (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 18:38

Got mine today and IT IS AWESOME, great work, guys!

Oh my gosh you guys get sick

Comment by Connor (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 19:14

Oh my gosh you guys get sick more often than anyone I've ever known, combined. Seriously, I think you should consider investing some of this book sale money into big hypoallergenic hamster balls that will keep you healthy as you go around the city. Or at least some gas masks? I'm concerned for you people here.

I checked out The Drawing

Comment by Awesome Music Videos (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 21:10

I checked out The Drawing Board and it's kinda fun, I especially like "Chirp Time". Nobody posts their childhood drawings on their webcomic...I guess it's an ego thing.
It's cool to find new webcomics in the comments of JW :P

You guys are awesome!

Comment by Trajan (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 20:50

I got my copy, and it made my day! You guys are awesome.

Awesome!

Comment by Aileen (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 21:29

I met you guys at the NYCC. Very cool book!

Wish I could have come to

Comment by EK Weaver (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 21:41

Wish I could have come to your signing at NYCC; it coincided with a time where I was the only one who could man our booth. Ah well.

(I got sick too T_T)

Yeah, we tried to make it

Comment by Ananth Thu, 10/14/2010 - 08:48

Yeah, we tried to make it over to you too! NYCC is crazy. Thank you for the book! I've already read it, I was going to e-mail you to tell you that I really enjoyed it (I still will)!

You guys!

Comment by J Valdez (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 22:07

Totally deserve all the stickers! In the world! (It was me. I was the sticker guy.) Keep on rocking on!

Phew

Comment by Arun (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 22:13

So glad I'm not the only one who worries about things like this.

Awesome!

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 23:13

You guys were so nice! And I totally loved Yuko's drawing in my book (also the fact that she thought my kraft paper sketchbook was nice ^^).

I tend to do that in trains a lot, but I think living here for so many years I've grown a decent immunity to the germs of NYC.

eegh

Comment by MeisterJ (not verified) Tue, 10/12/2010 - 23:15

I know the feeling. I was on the DC Metro touched one of the brass handle bars then looked at my hand, it was scuffed with grime and dirt, grungy. I also feel like that after I've finished a days worth of art works and I've got ink and what not all on my hands, have washed them but the ink stays. Chewing on a black nail, even if it's just ink, is a bit disconcerting.

But man, about being sick, more soups!

I loved the expressions across the board! Too adorable <3

NYCC germs

Comment by NenaLuna (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 00:21

I think I caught a cold from NYCC as well. I blame the AC and the volume of people that attended the con. Oh coarse, eating yogurt in a sudden rainfall wasn't the best idea either.

My immune system must be

Comment by CameoAppearance (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 00:24

My immune system must be strong as an ox from all the Skytrain germs that have been deposited on my face by my fidgety hands. (Mind you, I don't stick my fingers IN my mouth on the train. Just near it.) It's a miracle I don't get sick more often. Of course, the Skytrain is pretty clean compared to a lot of subway-type-trains, so that might also have something to do with it.

Like what they say in the old MAD Magazine: Eeeeeccch!

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 01:04

Good thing I have Iron Stomach skill +3 (+4 and +5 are hard to get, required lots of stomach ache potion and eating at shady diners and nausea fuel diners)

Sorry we missed ya!

Comment by ArtBoy! (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 13:52

How stupid was it that we were at Burning Con and didn't get the opportunity to eat a meal with you guys! Oh well, I'm sure there will be others. :)

On Staying well.

Comment by Tev (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 13:57

I get sick easy too, from anything respiratory anyway. Inherited terrible lungs unfortunately. Zicam, a Netti-Pot and hot spiced orange juice can work wonders.

I have also had some success with gargling and rinsing with mouth wash when I have been out in public.

Stay well!

sheeeit

Comment by robocotte (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 15:09

nooo get well fast! there's nothing more quietly horrifying than realizing you've been rubbing germs all over your face, ahhh. :c

origami cicada? what!! googling!! wanna learn!!

Origami cicada nymph

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 20:28

I made that little bugger. ;3 You can find a full grown cicada online, but I had to download the diagram for the cicada nymph. I recommend some REALLY thin paper, because that thing gets THICK (I used regular computer paper like a dumbass).

Email me if you'd like the diagram, along with the whole book that it came in :3 Just take my username and add AT gmail.com.

Sick

Comment by MrE (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 16:23

Ananth it feels like you're always getting sick xD

I actually have toughened up

Comment by Ananth Thu, 10/14/2010 - 08:52

I actually have toughened up a bit since we moved to NYC, but the last two weeks were a lot of walking, moving heavy objects and generally doing things that drained my energy. Then I came to NYCC on 2 hours of sleep and it all stacked up. Oh well. Feeling much better now!

Subway Fingers, also is...

Comment by the DECk (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 16:43

Subway Fingers is also something you get eating at a Subway.

...don't ask.

NYCC

Comment by Aristides Bionat (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 20:25

I had my friend get me a copy since I'm all the way out in Cali and he has a picture of Yuko with one of the GREATEST FACES I've personally ever seen. I can't wait to come home for Christmas and get my book from him! If i get too impatient I might just order a copy online >_<

Is it really

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 20:29

-that dirty in the subway?

Get better, Ananth! And then you can become stronger and maybe develop mutant super powers.

Cicadas for all~

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 20:31

I'm so glad you enjoyed my origami gift ;_; Like I said there, I saw the comic with Yuko handling the cicada nymph and just had to make it for you guys. It was my first time making it too, so I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did, though I'll definitely use thinner paper next time.

I also got sick. :< Big cons = bad germs.

Thank you! It is gorgeous.

Comment by Ananth Thu, 10/14/2010 - 08:52

Thank you! It is gorgeous.

Oh hey look

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Fri, 10/15/2010 - 16:56

Ah!

Comment by Anii (not verified) Wed, 10/13/2010 - 23:00

Omg NYCC was a blast!! I looked for you guys, but alas I missed out. My boyo Tim had the same thing happen... a con cold probably from the subway... aha. hand sanitizer is a muuust! I carry it everywhere!

ps-- yuko is on radiomaru flickr xD http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiomaru/5078890392/

8D

Comment by Bronte (not verified) Thu, 10/14/2010 - 01:43

I got my JohnnyWander Volume, and I love it! Seriously. Even though I read someone online, I just want to say thank you to making this epicness all packed into a book. It's so cool! =D

Thank you for picking it up!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 10/14/2010 - 08:53

Thank you for picking it up! That makes it all worth for us. :)

The hat on my Maw....

Comment by Syzygy (not verified) Thu, 10/14/2010 - 09:07

is utterly perfect! And the book is awesome, too - can't wait for the next one! Thank you guys sooo much.

Confused...

Comment by Jason (not verified) Thu, 10/14/2010 - 11:40

She... didn't touch anything; her hand was under her chin the whole time. Are germs in NYC so bad-ass they can jump on you? 'Cause I may have to stay away if that's the case.

I was thinking of something else entirely.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 10/14/2010 - 13:14

Having no subway system where I live, I first thought the comic was about the sandwich shop; and then I was like, oh.

I assume when you say subway

Comment by kaze (not verified) Thu, 10/14/2010 - 13:18

I assume when you say subway fingers we're not talking five dollar foot long.

Kill it with Fire!

Comment by Big John (not verified) Thu, 10/14/2010 - 13:19

Best way to disinfect the hands is a quick coating of rubbing alcohol (make sure it doesn't have time to soak in), then flick your bic. Blue flames burn off a layer of grime before you have the chance to feel the heat. Test on a friend if you need proof. :)

Love the comic. Wish I had such cool friends. All mine up and left me. Of course, setting them aflame tends to do that...

Eeew! I'm somewhat of a

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Fri, 10/15/2010 - 00:17

Eeew! I'm somewhat of a germophobe when it comes to the whole hands thing... grosss... poor Yuka..

Aw man you guys got sick

Comment by Kings (not verified) Fri, 10/15/2010 - 12:56

Aw man you guys got sick too? Definitely not a good con to stay healthy at. I didn't see you guys there!

I'm such a cam whore

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Fri, 10/15/2010 - 16:59

Yup

Comment by John Will Balsley (not verified) Fri, 10/15/2010 - 17:53

It happens so quickly too, and without realizing it!

Ewwww.

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 00:16

I hope Yuko hadn't touched anything with her fingertips, and that the cold was just a coincidence. Much sympathy : (