We're swamped!

We're swamped!

Thu, 10/21/2010 - 12:53 by Ananth in response to psyche

We're taking today to push through some of our deadlines - this isn't a full comic per se, but it's an illustration we kept around for a day like today. Yuko will occasionally take time off of our immediate projects to work on something that isn't on a deadline - it's a part of how she relaxes. Incidentally this was also how she broke in the Cintiq back when we got it.

If you'd like you can still vote on what t-shirt we should print next in Tuesday's post. Your feedback is pretty useful! And regardless of the design itself, I'm glad so many of you like the Hokusai quote itself as much as I do. Words to live by.

I put up another post below about some recent Johnny Wander interviews and reviews! Click through or scroll down to check it out!

Comments

This is gorgeous. It's

Comment by Kat (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 13:30

This is gorgeous. It's really visually captivating.

I came here to say the exact

Comment by Lorin (not verified) Fri, 10/22/2010 - 18:10

I came here to say the exact same thing... took the words out of my mouth (mind?) :)

Interesting.

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 13:30

I enjoy the contrast between the blindfolded woman and the robe that sees everything.

Wow

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 13:41

Beautiful work.

Just realized

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 14:03

...that this reminds me of 'Samurai Jack'--I think it's the background. I could see Jack meeting this woman in his travels.

Me too!!! Samurai Jack is an

Comment by Evilnut (not verified) Sat, 10/23/2010 - 08:21

Me too!!! Samurai Jack is an amazing show... especially "Tale of X9"...

Beautiful

Comment by Sara (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 14:19

This is amazing. I would LOVE to put it up in my house. Would you be able to make this a print or a kind of poster?

No comic, no problem.

Comment by Andrew Russo (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 15:12

I actually look forward to posts like these, it's always an opportunity to see what Yuko is up to. This pretty much made my day :)

Nothing Better

Comment by Daphne (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 16:01

This is the reason I love this comic so much: there is so much variety!

That, and even though you guys have so much to do, you still manage to not only update, but to make the update so captivating I still come back to visit every day.

About the artwork

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 19:17

It looks good for poster or T-shirt, but I think the background doesn't really fit, how about different shades of red, giving it an autumn feeling.

gorgeous image!

Comment by Hilary (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 20:20

I come back to your comic regularly for the entertaining "slices of life" but this image is too beautiful not to comment on it - thanks for sharing your creativity!

Wow. Seeing this made me

Comment by Sir Joe the Banana, the Third. (not verified) Thu, 10/21/2010 - 22:22

Wow. Seeing this made me think of Samurai Jack and the good ol' days of Toonami. Props to Yuko for giving me a wave of nostalgia!

Red eyes, clear eyes

Comment by Worst (not verified) Fri, 10/22/2010 - 06:14

Oh my God what is wrong with your eyes?! Quick someone get her some Visine! But seriously, I do love the illustration.

This is beautiful!

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Fri, 10/22/2010 - 06:26

Nice job, Yuko. This is amazing.

Elegant design...

Comment by DawidhH (not verified) Fri, 10/22/2010 - 07:00

I would buy THIS as a shirt!

Psyche Ward...

Comment by Niall (not verified) Fri, 10/22/2010 - 07:14

That dress... Is it based off the Flash game 'The Asylum'? I loved that game, and when I saw the dress paired with the title of the picture, well... if you've played the game you'll know what I mean.

So lovely!

Comment by Anii (not verified) Fri, 10/22/2010 - 12:28

Ahhh I am *dying* for a cintiq! This is a most lovely piece :D such nice colors!

I just found out about New

Comment by Cass (not verified) Mon, 10/25/2010 - 13:29

I just found out about New England Webcomics Weekend and I'm so excited to go! See you there!

oh well.

Comment by Michael (not verified) Mon, 10/25/2010 - 15:34

Art Days, are still good days.

This I like

Comment by Coriandre (not verified) Mon, 10/25/2010 - 19:31

This I like

Subtle pun?

Comment by Var (not verified) Tue, 10/26/2010 - 09:33

This pic is really beautiful, nice work!

One thing did come to mind though, around the 5th time I was viewing it:

We came expecting a comic, instead you gave us a bonus illustration.

And the title was' Psyche'.

lol, was that intentional?

"Syke [out]?"

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 00:24

I view the aesthetically pleasing comic. "Sy-kee?" (butterfly? Mind?)
I view the comment. "Ah, syke [out. And also the television show]."

Song of Ice and Fire

Comment by hainingken (not verified) Fri, 03/16/2012 - 01:09

Reminds me of Melissandre, but as a brunette.