A Very Garies Christmas

A Very Garies Christmas

Thu, 10/28/2010 - 21:41 by Ananth in response to garies proverbs

So we try to keep these Garies comics to a minimum because they are maybe a little too inside jokey, not to mention vague, weird, and creepy - but it's Halloween and that suits the holiday just fine. Today is Garies Proverbs - there will possibly be one more Garies comic on Tuesday, but that may change.

We may or may not be at a certain event in DC this coming Saturday.

George is visiting us for a little while! You'll remember him from some past comics. He got to NYC and he's already got a quest.

There are a few Beach Sets left in the store, and then they're gone forever!

Everyone - have a rad Halloween!

Comments

Spare us the Garie details...

Comment by kaitou (not verified) Thu, 10/28/2010 - 21:47

or don't. (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Those poor birds. That panel

Comment by White Rhino (not verified) Thu, 10/28/2010 - 22:04

Those poor birds. That panel actually made me laugh aloud. The last panel is funny to say but creepy to actually see.

WHAT

Comment by Feebly (not verified) Thu, 10/28/2010 - 22:08

WHAT IS GARIES? BESIDES A RANDOM TOWN IN SOUTH AFRICA. D: *so confused*

Comment by Jacob (not verified) Thu, 10/28/2010 - 22:10

That thing is friggan creepy.

Comment by Jeremy Wiles (not verified) Thu, 10/28/2010 - 22:11

That thing is friggan creepy.

HAHAHA

Comment by Moniks (not verified) Thu, 10/28/2010 - 22:59

Sounds like the thirteenth Eastern Zodiac sign.

MOST. EPIC. "QUEST". EVER.

Comment by Sybil (not verified) Thu, 10/28/2010 - 23:12

MOST. EPIC. "QUEST". EVER. xDDDD

And the last panel definitely creeps me out. D:

NEVER STOP

Comment by Droqen (not verified) Thu, 10/28/2010 - 23:28

"they are maybe a little too inside jokey" ---> I cannot describe the funny that comes out of GARIES but it is pure and distilled humour at its finest EVEN TO OUTSIDERS SUCH AS MYSELF

GARIES

Comment by brndn (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 00:01

I love GARIES! I, like almost everyone else, have no idea what it's all about, but I really like it! If you explain it, that'd be fun, but I almost would rather leave it a mystery! It's an in-joke to you guys, but it has now become something else entirely. I got the reference without having to re-read the original strip, and that's really all I need.

Personally, I just like seeing that creepy Garfield-esque face. Gets me every time.

My thoughts exactly.

Comment by Kas (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 02:28

My thoughts exactly.

....

Comment by FriendlyStray (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 00:17

We're sorry but your Garies is in another castle.

Curiosity killed the Garies.

With great power comes great Garies.

Words to live by

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 01:21

A rolling stone gathers no Garies.

To err is human, to forgive is Garies.

It that a Garies in your pocket, or are you just Garies to Garies Garies?

Children should be seldom

Comment by Offendi (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 04:17

Children should be seldom seen and never Garies.

Bite the hand that Garies.

A penny for your Garies?

A Garies saved is a Garies

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 16:57

A Garies saved is a Garies earned.

Let sleeping Garies lie.

A Garies in the hand is worth two in the Garies.

never look a gift garies in

Comment by Moriarty (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 20:40

never look a gift garies in the mouth?

Let me tell you 'bout the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 10/30/2010 - 14:32

Let me tell you 'bout the birds and the Garies.

When life gives you Garies,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 10/30/2010 - 14:38

When life gives you Garies, make lemonade.

Correction:

Comment by Nate (not verified) Sat, 10/30/2010 - 22:17

Gariesade.

GARIES!

Comment by simoniz (not verified) Mon, 11/01/2010 - 18:13

Life has its ups and garies

Garies is as garies does

If a garies falls in the forest and there is no one around to hear it, does it make a garies?

How about movie quotes?

The garies is strong with this one... - Star Wars

I drink your garies! I drink it up! - There Will Be Blood

What sick man sends Garies

Comment by contagonist (not verified) Mon, 11/01/2010 - 21:31

What sick man sends Garies to fight me?

A bird in the hand is worth

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 11/02/2010 - 08:03

A bird in the hand is worth two in the Garies.

MOVIE QUOTES

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 11/02/2010 - 12:06

"A boy's best friend is his Garies" - Psycho
"Say hello to my little Garies" - Scarface
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty Garies!" - Planet of the Apes
"If someone asks you if you're a Garies, you say 'yes'!" - Ghostbusters

GARIES

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 00:23

you shouldnt have done that

IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Comment by Sven (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 00:58

Garies is probably one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

GARIES WAS HERE

Comment by bixnoodles (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 01:08

ASH IS A LOSER

O.M.GAWD. its Garies

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 08:11

O.M.GAWD.

its Garies motherfucking oak.

Fish and Garies stink in

Comment by CJ (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 01:30

Fish and Garies stink in three days.

hahahahaha

Comment by MmmCurry (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 03:20

I love these. The first comic was context enough, maybe because I would have reacted to such an epic discovery in the same way.

<3 Pearls before Garies
<3 <3 <3 Two birds with one Garies

Nooo, keep up with the

Comment by Enturbulate (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 03:45

Nooo, keep up with the Garies comics, Garies is super fantastic, I wish I had Garies right next to me now, to caress, to love, to keep a watchfull eye on, just to have Garies around me all the time. I would be proud and caring. Garies... Garies... Garies, taste it, just let the letters smoothly wander across your tounge, gently tickling your palate, Garies... Garies... Garies.

So yeah, more Garies please.

Easy Come, Easy Garies

Comment by Niall (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 07:02

Absence makes the heart grow Garies
Speak softly and carry a large Garies
Big Garies is watching you
How many Garies must a man walk down?
Bros before Garies
A Garies in the hand is worth two in the Garies
Do as Garies say, not as Garies do
If God meant us to fly he would have given us Garies
If you can't stand the Garies, get out of the kitchen
Better the Garies you know than the Garies you don't
Two wrongs don't make a Garies

And I leave you with a quote:
"A little Garies is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal." Oscar Garies

I don't know if Garies is

Comment by Rick (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 07:47

I don't know if Garies is actually an inside joke. I mean, it would involve anyone having any idea of what "Garies" really is.

I kind of wonder if Garies was an attempt to profit off of selling t-shirts to illiterate Garfield fans.

Is there something you guys haven't told us? Have you unraveled the mystery of Garies? If so, you should seriously clue us in.

Certain Event...

Comment by djSARS (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 07:50

bah, I should have planned to go to the rally D:

Yay! See you guys at the

Comment by Cynthia (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 08:04

Yay! See you guys at the Rally (well, probably not - it sounds like it's going to be pretty huge)!

Also: Successfully weirded out by the Garies

That last panel

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 09:14

is the scariest Garies of all Garies!!!
It's Garies inside Garies inside Garies, and it's feeling the Garies inside Garies.
It's Multibrot Garies!!!

Pearls before Garies

Comment by M3rcd (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 10:10

So I just imagine that comic strip, Pearls before Swine, with every character's face replaced by Garies.

GARIES

Comment by Razor (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 10:31

What do you mean, everyone Garies? If everyone jumped off a Garies, would you jump too?

=P

Congrats on 200 strips,

Comment by Robin (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 10:38

Congrats on 200 strips, guys! Awesome as ever.

Trying to run a bad joke into the dirt.

Comment by Rich (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 10:46

On top of spaghetti, all covered with Garies....

Garies

Comment by MrE (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 13:46

Put your Garies where your mouth is.
... Oh god.

heh

Comment by ArtemisRampant (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 14:43

Garies is the new lions.

Oh man, come to the rally!

Comment by !! (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 15:06

Oh man, come to the rally! That would be so awesome.

Garies

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 16:46

You should post a picture of this Garies shirt, so we, as readers, have a better idea of what magical, mystical powers this Garies has.

I fucking love these Garies

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 18:28

I fucking love these Garies comics. You don't need more of an explanation; the soul crushing power of that gaze is enough.

But then again, vague weird and creepy happens to be my middle name. The doctors thought it would be a little too long for the certificate, but my parents insisted.

DC event?

Comment by Fish (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 19:10

are you guys going to one of the rallies?

my girlfriend has family coming in from everywhere because of the rallies. seriously her whole house is fulled, she even has an uncle sleeping on the couch. their all going to the Stewart rally

hope you have fun

No one knows what it's

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 19:49

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad Garies
To be the sad Garies
Behind blue Garies

Garies from Dunland!

Comment by Quinn (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 20:39

Oh god you guys, what have you done.

I have never lol'd and gone DDDD: at the same time. Thanks.

a garies in the hand is

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 20:49

a garies in the hand is better than two in the bush

oh god

Comment by ArtemisRampant (not verified) Sat, 10/30/2010 - 19:07

Because at least then the garies can't sneak up on you.

The Garies can always sneak

Comment by simoniz (not verified) Tue, 11/02/2010 - 11:32

The Garies can always sneak up on you

Garies

Comment by John Will Balsley (not verified) Fri, 10/29/2010 - 22:51

I want a Gary for my mantle!