Stories from last weekend

Stories from last weekend

Tue, 11/02/2010 - 22:41 by Ananth in response to george has a posse

This happened on the way down to DC this past weekend - we were attending the rally and then going to a Halloween party afterwards. The tollbooth was coming up, and, well ... when George is around, these things happen. You'll remember him from some older comics

George actually worked the rally for the Colbert Report, so here's something neat for those of you who were there or saw the coverage,

We are going to be at NEWW! Yuko was asked to do the design for the VIP sketchbook, and it came out pretty rad:

We'll also have a few for sale at our table for those of you without VIP passes! We'll also be bringing JW: V1, t-shirts, and prints.

Guys, the holidays are coming up! We're going to be putting up our rundown of how our holiday shipping will work, as well as some goofy extras we'll be packing with as many Christmas orders as we can - all dinosaur-themed! We'll post a photo on Thursday. ;) But in the meantime, we're going to run! Take it easy!

Comments

The VIP sketchbook design

Comment by Aube (not verified) Tue, 11/02/2010 - 23:38

The VIP sketchbook design looks awesome, at first I thought they were Maws but they look more like a Magpie. Will there be any new products just for the holidays?
Wish I could meet you fine cats at NEWW, traveling across the country is just too damn expensive. Maybe next year. Have a great time!

Also there's a Hobbit next

Comment by Aube (not verified) Tue, 11/02/2010 - 23:39

Also there's a Hobbit next to that big head.

Nifty design

Comment by Sven (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 00:04

Wow I like the design for the sketchbook, it looks so nice!

Did you jump rope with a

Comment by CJ (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 01:28

Did you jump rope with a Muslim while on the mall? They were giving out stickers!

Aw dang, I missed it! I

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/03/2010 - 10:47

Aw dang, I missed it! I would have tripped all over myself anyway. ;)

On that note

Comment by roundtressym (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 04:30

There was a zombie walk in the town where I live last week, and when it was done, we (being my three friends who participated and I) all piled into a car and drove all the way across town, still gussied up as the undead.
We had a good time staring at people as we passed or while we were stopped at intersections and such, especially Erich, who had a prosthetic eye mask that made it look as though he had his eye ripped from his skull and we'd given him tears made of fake blood. He kept tracing the outside of the eyeholes with his fingers and then pointing the empty sockets at his hands and screaming silently.
He liked this getup so much he used it again for halloween, and while out an about at a block party, he tallied at least three people who leaned down to their children as they stared at him and told them that the eyeless man would come to steal their eyes if they misbehaved.

LOVE TEH SKETCHBOOK

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 06:53

You guys should consider selling one of those for people who AREN'T going to NEWW, or just make a whole new one, and sell that. That'd be sweet.

Fox News?

Comment by Worst (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 09:04

Is there any thing you all would like to say in response to the negative review of the rally by the ever conservative FOX news? I wish I could have been at the rally :(

Big surprise! And it's a

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/03/2010 - 11:01

Big surprise! And it's a stretch to call them "news". ;) But I'm beginning to feel that way about media outlets on both ends of the spectrum. Jon Stewart is right - I feel as though I'm caught in the middle and there is fatigue.

SO sad

Comment by Emily (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 09:24

I'm so mad that I can't go this weekend. Okay, maybe not mad, but seriously sad :( That's what my face looks like right now, just sadder.

George . . .

Comment by junior_millenium (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 09:52

George has, quite possibly, the coolest jacket & scarf combination since the Fourth Doctor. If ever Matt Smith decides to pass on the TARDIS key, I vote George be the man to pick it up.

(Though I am just a little jealous that he was part of the Stewart/Colbert magic. Such is the conflicted soul. o^_^o)

Laughing all the way . . .

&B-D

Hahaha, I'll tell him that.

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/03/2010 - 10:44

Hahaha, I'll tell him that. He'll like it!

NEWW

Comment by William A. Righetti (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 11:56

Yo guys, I'm looking to make it out to N.E.W.W. with some friends of mine, looking forward to meeting you both in person. Quick question. Will you be selling Johnny Wander volume 1 at the store price from your table, or will it be a different price for the event? Thanks. :-)

We'll have it at the table

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/03/2010 - 15:22

We'll have it at the table for $12! Same as online. Yuko will doodle in it!

Woahhhhhh!

Comment by Tailcoat (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 15:23

I was at that rally too! Its weird to think that I was within a half mile of so many famous people, including Johnny Wander friends!Haha, that sketch book is awesome by the way.

Sketchbooks and George

Comment by MrE (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 15:28

Argh I want that sketchbook, nice design.
And I wish I had a posse like that. All I have are living people 8C

well..

Comment by Mikul Antn Lilick (not verified) Wed, 11/03/2010 - 18:37

The music was great, yeah... but I felt like there should have been less of it and more message. :(

Oh that George...

Comment by Bakamoichigei (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 08:50

This is a prime example of why Halloween is the best time of year for screwing with the mundanes. :3

NEWW sketchbooks

Comment by Kate (not verified) Sun, 11/07/2010 - 07:45

I really really really really want one of those, but i live in the UK, and you guys don't come here.

I feel wronged. :c

I am really enjoying the

Comment by Jefferey Downes (not verified) Mon, 12/24/2012 - 13:28

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A couple of my blog readers have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue? Jefferey Downes

justin

Comment by justin (not verified) Sun, 06/02/2013 - 11:42

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and will often come back from now on. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice afternoon!