NEWW

NEWW

Thu, 11/04/2010 - 00:40 by Aido in response to ame

Oh jeez, it's been a while since I've done a news post.  H-hey guys.

Ananth and I are going to be at NEWW this weekend!  We'll have books, shirts, prints, and keychains with us.  I hope you'll be able to stop by!  If you missed it the other day, I designed the cover for the VIP sketchbooks.  (we will have a very limited supply of them at the table.)

I really really hate doing this, but I will not have the means to post a comic tomorrow, and don't have the time to finish inking this comic tonight before we leave for NEWW.  That means you guys get another illustration post from me, sorry.  I'll beef up today's post with some other doodles I've done recently:

Ananth will talk about holiday sales when we get back.  Until then, you guys have a lovely weekend.

Comments

Oh my.

Comment by Hatepig (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 00:46

!

T-television squid... So amazing. Agh. I wish I could go to NEWW or one of your other cons. I had tons of fun at Toracon, but that's about the limit of my travel radius. Hopefully I'll be near one of the other cons you guys will be doing someday. :D

Please don't shoot!

Comment by Zak (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 00:46

No worries! (I sort of want to make a joke about how this still updates more regularly than Fallen did, but I don't want to be shot)

.__.

Comment by Aido Thu, 11/04/2010 - 00:47

._______.

B-but you're all grown up

Comment by Zak (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 00:52

B-but you're all grown up now...or something! And responsible! And updating and lots of art-type things! A-and popular and stuff!
*probably making this worse*

Don't worry about it, any

Comment by Quinn (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 00:49

Don't worry about it, any art you post is always super wonderful to look at. Have tons of fun at NEWW!

TVtopus is my spirit animal.

Comment by Kai (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 00:51

TVtopus is my spirit animal.

Hehee durpanimals

Comment by FriendlyStray (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 00:53

Hehe, love that big guy with the little wings, and tiny!hexacat. Ahhh and fadeaway girl Ame is so cute!

Considering going Sunday morning. It would be quite the adventure from Chelsea to East Hampton and back in a day! Hope you guys have a great time!

Cute cat

Comment by Trizshen (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 01:53

I like the hexacat, give it a few more legs and it could be a CATapiller

Oh my goodness, octo-vision

Comment by Joe Fox (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 02:01

He looks so happy. As does the big dude with the tiny wings O: He makes me think of something from one of the more quiet Hellboy/BPRD stories.

I wish I were able to come to NEWW. Or any webcomics weekend thing, I know there's a bunch that happen. But I always forget and stuff. Which makes me sad, because I would totally geek out about meeting you guys again (well, Ananth again, saw him at Otakon a few years back, but I have not been able to bug you yet, Yuko).

considering how cute those

Comment by supersamurai (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 02:29

considering how cute those two girls are, i think im alright without a comic
(...for now...)

MAHHHH im going to be in CT this friday/saturday - SOSOSO wish i had the money to extend the trip to NEWW to spend time with all the webcomic folks i like. or at least to get a copy of that VIP sketchbook - that cover is GORGEOUS

Doodles.

Comment by Mordicai (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 06:41

The girl in the striped tights it killing me.

Argh also the Maw Bird is the wallpaper arrgh hahahaha

That little cephalovision is

Comment by Kiraela (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 07:18

That little cephalovision is adorable! I think I want a cephalovision Tee Shirt now... Is there any way we could get a bigger version of the sketch?

Don't feel bad.

Comment by Naghan (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 08:21

Don't feel bad.
Usually people don't post fillers that awesome. So compared to other webcomics I read this is:
a) an improvement
b) an awesome improvement.

As for the doodles, I hope you realize how amazing these are (Not only those here but the others you've posted too).
You have a lot of imagination and this is worth a lot.

Hee! Those b&w doodles are

Comment by jonc (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 08:44

Hee! Those b&w doodles are very Lennonesque... :)

Ame

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 12:44

...is great! I love her jeans.

Eeee many-pawed-kitty! cute.

in the last picture, in the

Comment by rimbambo (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 12:45

in the last picture, in the bottom left corner. i like that creature

feel gooder

Comment by BearWithNoEyes (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 15:07

Don't ever be apprehensive about posting your artwork. Your comic is awesome but your artwork makes me smile. Keep it up.

Aw

Comment by Evan (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 15:11

Don't worry about not posting a comic. Your drawings are equally as delightful. I think the meowing television squid is my favourite. <3

omigosh

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 15:31

TV-Cat-opus! Aaron is pleased.

THAT IS. PURE SEXINESS. SO

Comment by Sybil (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 16:57

THAT IS.

PURE SEXINESS.

SO STFU BECAUSE THIS IS JUST AS EPIC AS A STRIP. *A*

/endnerdyfangirling

Aw, don't sweat it, Yuko, YOUR DOODLES ARE JUST. AS. AWESOME. As a comic. :P I really love the black-haired girl. xD The character design is very cute.

Encouragement!

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 19:19

Hi Yuko! Keep up the awesome work!

Drive / fly safe, and have a good time!
That's the important thing, isn't it?

Awesome

Comment by Doval (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 20:09

You'd be amazed how little we mind getting illustrations instead of comic strips every now and then.

This stuff is pure gold.

I wish I could get to

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 21:36

I wish I could get to NEWW... I'm going to be writing multiple papers that are due next week... I thought my last semester was going to be easy... The girl is adorable specifically because girls in stripey stockings are adorable. The chimera are adorable because they are.

Always enjoyable

Comment by Fish (not verified) Thu, 11/04/2010 - 23:34

Your artwork is always lovely, very cute. Doodles are great too, the cat and TVtopus made me giggle non-stop every time I looked at them

would you mind letting us in on some of your inspiration for the art and doodles? I'v always been a bit interested where art comes from and how it changes once inside the mind.

have fun at NEWW

wow

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Fri, 11/05/2010 - 02:09

The doodlings are cute, and the girl with striped stocking is really cute!

Wonderful!

Comment by Duck (not verified) Fri, 11/05/2010 - 11:59

I really admire your style. It's sort of cartoon-ish, but still very beautiful. I love your colors, especially - very well blended and vibrant.

Wish I could go to NEWW. Unfortunately, I live in California. On the opposite coast.

Well, as we say in Northern California - have a good one!

Oh hey, it's an Eldred! Been

Comment by Otter (not verified) Fri, 11/05/2010 - 19:11

Oh hey, it's an Eldred! Been awhile since I've seen one of those guys.

She needs a Pythias to go with her. :>

I bet it's just me

Comment by Nare (not verified) Fri, 11/05/2010 - 23:28

Someone else felt compelled to think about love when looking at the Ame picture, or it was just me and the subconscious act of understand it as the spanish imperative word for "love it"? xD

That sketchbook cover would

Comment by Nerv (not verified) Sat, 11/06/2010 - 20:37

That sketchbook cover would make a super cute book plate....

Sketch posts

Comment by William A. Righetti "Will" (not verified) Sun, 11/07/2010 - 23:58

Dear Yuko (and Ananth by association),
Your sketches, when posted, are part of the charm of this comic. Original art is one of the draws of this medium for me, and I for one, am glad you post this stuff. It's very homey and warm in tone most of the time. Pleasant, and there's nothing more heart warming than cute monsters, y'know?
Also, it was really neat to meet you and Ananth at N.E.W.W. this weekend. Heck, it was awesome to meet all these different artists (Jeph and Spike and Evan and the rest) and get a look at their styles and projects and ideas on story telling, and life at the panels. I am glad this con was my first.
Finally, thanks so much for the birthday doodle of the Japanese farmer's hat on Maw, and tell Ananth thanks for the art print of the woman with her cats. I've been reading volume one over again since day one of the con, just to re - enjoy the older comics and, that art print is warming my desk at home right now. God bless and best of luck in the future to you both. Keep on trucking! :-)

Pretty Shiny Artwork

Comment by Kyou (not verified) Mon, 11/08/2010 - 10:16

Don't worry too much about it. We like your comics a lot, but your art's just as pretty.

Does that black-haired girl you drew have a name? I love her design!

Serona. They've posted a

Comment by Bobbart (not verified) Mon, 11/08/2010 - 13:20

Serona. They've posted a couple of drawings of her before (http://www.johnnywander.com/blog/2010/08/12/art-post). What I want to know is, have they ever said what she'll be in?

I'm curious to find out what

Comment by Reed Munchmeyer (not verified) Thu, 11/08/2012 - 13:09

I'm curious to find out what blog system you have been using? I'm experiencing some small security problems with my latest blog and I'd like to find something more secure. Do you have any recommendations? Reed Munchmeyer