NEWW sketchbooks in the store!

NEWW sketchbooks in the store!

Tue, 11/09/2010 - 20:52 by Ananth in response to highlander in port authority

Evan John and George saw this guy while we were waiting in Port Authority. He's somewhere between Blade and Kingdom Hearts, I think, except when he walks into the pastry shop I think "Man vs. Food", only in a gladiator's arena.

EDIT: Guys, there have been some Garies sightings. Here's an incident at Gunshow, and here's another!

NEWW was a blast - thank you for coming out and saying hello! Some of you have been e-mailing us and asking about the availability of the NEWW sketchbooks - they are in fact available, but in a very limited quantity! Each sketchbook has 48 blank pages and comes with a pencil/ink drawing by Yuko - the options are Cecilia, Death, Maw or Puppy. If you want some original art from Yuko, now is a good time to get it. Here's a look at the cover,

It is really gorgeous! This is one of the things that kept Yuko pretty busy prior to NEWW.

UPDATE: There are only 2 Beach Sets left!

I think that's it for today! See you Thursday!

Comments

It's not just the

Comment by Awesome Music Vids (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 20:59

It's not just the interesting things that go on in the lives of you guys; it's how they're portrayed in the comic. This one in particular has a really, really good visual punchline xD

He is a warrior, he seeks

Comment by Odd One (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 21:02

He is a warrior, he seeks the bakening.

His mission...

Comment by Russspruce (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 21:05

To find the perfect baguette, to smite his enemies with.

Also, the warrior wants a

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 17:52

Also, the warrior wants a cupcake B|

Aaaaaand ordered! I really

Comment by Psydotek (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 21:15

Aaaaaand ordered! I really need to read less webcomics. I keep buying stuff from all the ones I read.

^_^

Nice

Comment by Arun (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 21:18

That is one gorgeous sketchbook.

NEWW

Comment by Philip (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 21:34

Thanks ever so much for the sketches, conversation, and anime recommendations, guys! Already looking forward to NEWW III.

So true.

Comment by Lancer2010 (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 21:34

You're absolutely right, he would not look out of place in pretty much any Square Enix game.

I can't help but laugh at how absurdly badass he looks in panel one.

Mm cake.

Comment by Sven (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 21:45

He wanted to confirm whether the cake really was a lie or not. THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD.

Organization Bakery and Sketchbooks

Comment by MrE (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 22:11

He must be looking for the Chocolate Keyblade, I bet it's guarded by the Gingerbread man D8
I want that sketchbook and how big is? I can't tell from the picture

In the end, there can be

Comment by Reynard (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 22:53

In the end, there can be only Rumcake!

Hard and stale bread : Much

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 23:35

Hard and stale bread : Much more dangerous than pointy sword

As anybody who reads Terry

Comment by Pip (not verified) Thu, 11/11/2010 - 03:25

As anybody who reads Terry Pratchett already knows. ;D

Gunshow Comic featuring... Garies?!?

Comment by M3rcd (not verified) Tue, 11/09/2010 - 23:41

So like most people I read a collection of webcomics and it seems the latest Gunshow contains a Garies cameo xD

Didn't know if you guys were aware or not.

I had seen it, but thanks

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/10/2010 - 00:17

I had seen it, but thanks for the reminder! Added it to the post.

Dude

Comment by Wendy (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 00:14

No lie... Au bon Pain has some pretty awesome pastries when you're stuck in an airport.
I may just be jaded after being stuck in airports so often.

But if I were that guy, I'd be walking through the place like I owned it.

Awesome job, guys! And I'm jealous of whoever gets those sketchbooks... they're gorgeous!

God damnit.

Comment by Bronte (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 01:17

That book looks AWESOME. You really did a good job on this one.

SADNESS. The sketchbooks

Comment by Becky (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 01:28

SADNESS. The sketchbooks that would've included Death are sold out!

A few Garies proverbs I

Comment by Clovis (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 02:51

A few Garies proverbs I thought up:

Don't look a gift Garies in the mouth.
You shouldn't count your Garies before they hatch.
A Garies in the hand is worth GARIES GARIES GARIES.

My reaction to reading your

Comment by supersamurai (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 03:19

My reaction to reading your comment basically went like this:

"Heehee more Garies proverbs...
Aww these have already been suggeste--PFFFTHAHAHA"

Comment by Jason (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 03:55

Obviously that warrior brings the Au Bon PAIN

He seeks a low fat vanilla

Comment by Vinia (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 08:24

He seeks a low fat vanilla latte and a cookie.

He seeks the leavening....

Comment by kathryn (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 08:29

He seeks the leavening....

LOUD EXPLETIVE!!! i didnt

Comment by DisposablePal (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 08:34

LOUD EXPLETIVE!!! i didnt get paid until this morning and the sketchbooks are gone. ...sad

Another Garies Comic

Comment by 47hasbegun (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 08:44

I did a Garies strip, too: " I've spent my entire life searching and all I got was this garies."

Some proverbs:
- When the Garies get tough, the tough get Garies.
- The Garies is always greener on the other side of the Garies.

Not funny? Well, I guess I just don't have a Garies to stand on.

Two Words

Comment by Kimichi Tsuzuku (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 22:37

Yakitate Japan.

Imagine a fighting show or sports show where instead of fighting it out in a match or winning the game, they combative-ly bake bread. Yes, bread.

Awesome Show

Comment by 47hasbegun (not verified) Thu, 11/11/2010 - 10:10

I was tipped off a couple years back. It's actually a very awesome show with some pretty freaky reactions from tasty bread, and some very interesting breadmaking techniques. It made me really want some メロンパン.

Sketchbooks?

Comment by Bronte (not verified) Wed, 11/10/2010 - 23:53

Is there any chance, at all, you'll be producing any more sketchbooks of any kind? I mean, I adored that one, and was considering buying it, but by the time I had gotten the time to go back and buy it, it was sold out. I would buy a sketchbook from Johnny Wander in a second, if I could.

Maybe!

Comment by Aido Thu, 11/11/2010 - 18:35

Sorry they were so limited!  We didn't expect them to go so quickly!

But yeah, we'll be definitely looking into making them!  It might not be for a bit, but it's definitely on the to-do list. :D

I knew it!

Comment by Brad S. (not verified) Thu, 11/11/2010 - 00:46

Garies is gonna be a meme! :D Yay!!!!!
I can't wait for the floodgates to open and the unsuspecting masses to be swiftly smothered in garies that pour out!

No, in fact...

Comment by sublorange (not verified) Thu, 11/11/2010 - 00:57

He seeks more buckles.

Dunkin McLeod

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 11/11/2010 - 12:33

Hey, even a 400-year-old dude likes a croissant and a decaf cappuccino every now and then.

I totally want his coat. I think he borrowed it from Vash the Stampede.

Whoa...

Comment by Lancer2010 (not verified) Thu, 11/11/2010 - 19:39

You're totally right... I realize now that I was automatically thinking that it was a red coat.

Dreams of Sketchbooks and stumble.

Comment by Codi (not verified) Thu, 11/11/2010 - 13:51

Just stumbled the site again after losing my bookmark last reformat, glad to be a reader again.

Just wanted to say those sketchbooks looked amazing, and I wish they hadn't sold out already, I don't get paid until tomorrow, and I really wanted one as soon as I saw it.

No one thought to snap a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 11/12/2010 - 05:06

No one thought to snap a cell phone shot? I am disappoint.

The Warrior

Comment by Corey Senko (not verified) Mon, 11/15/2010 - 17:58

He has no ears

FF10

Comment by Mal (not verified) Mon, 12/27/2010 - 15:13

I automatically thought of Auron from Final Fantasy 10, so regal and mysterious.

I use these sketchbooks religiously

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 01/24/2011 - 01:15

www.layflatsketchbooks.com

The dudes there make awesome storyboard sketchbooks. I have a friend at Warner who uses their books. He turned me on to this website!

bon pain

Comment by amelia (not verified) Thu, 02/24/2011 - 21:53

When I went to New York City to march in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade the band had Bon Pain for breakfast. Pretty delicious stuff.