Road trip!

Road trip!

Tue, 11/16/2010 - 22:42 by Ananth in response to your jeers only make him stronger

The exit was for the Innuendo Parkway, on which we stayed till the end of our trip.

An update for those of you who ordered NEWW sketchbooks - Yuko is working her way through them, and they'll go out as she gets them done. She is putting a lot of work into your sketches!

I have to ask a selfish question of you guys - Yuko is looking to get a bridesmaid dress (actually for the wedding described herein). If any of you can suggest a place(s) in NYC, that would be amazing. We only know of one or two. Thanks!

Not a whole lot to report today -- work goes on in the comics trenches. See you Thursday!

Comments

GEEEEOOOOOOOORRRRRRGE!!!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 22:51

YOU'RE SO WIERD!

WHAT'S YOUR FRIGGIN' PROBLEM!?!!

A slightly more violent

Comment by Koarth (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 22:55

A slightly more violent response than normal.

The smile only widens.

Oh, I just got it. Ffffff.

Comment by Koarth (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 22:57

Oh, I just got it. Ffffff. Maybe a good sign for me.

How terrible is it that this

Comment by JetAngel (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 22:56

How terrible is it that this joke took me a few rereads to understand? xD

As for the dress issue. Check out Thread Bridesmaid and Here Comes The Bridesmaid. Both are quite lovely.

nothing wrong with it at all

Comment by waldosan (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 04:36

nothing is more terrible than getting it right off the bat...

Awww you!

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 23:13

Awwww~ John is so adorable. He needs lots of hugs, water, AND sunlight. You know how growing boys LOVE photosynthesis!

Dresses

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 23:22

Try David's Bridal, 1628 Flatbush Avenue. There's also one in Manhattan and another in Queens.
They have things in the store that are not on line, and sometimes the sales are great. Also, lots of the dresses can be ordered in other colors and sizes, and they will alter dresses right there. My daughter is about Yuko's size, and she was able to get a bridesmaid's dress there without a problem.

grohacian humor.

Comment by Aube (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 23:29

Gotta love a comic with John, and the ones with George's smiling face are always a good laugh. So when they get together I can only guess its comical and great.

Are there any cars John actually fits in without killing his neck?

He actually expands

Comment by Ananth Tue, 11/16/2010 - 23:53

He actually expands according to the size of the car.

Whatever happens when he

Comment by R (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 06:12

Whatever happens when he gets on a bus?

He becomes the Incredible

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 07:12

He becomes the Incredible Hulk.

john is the incredible hulk

Comment by simoniz (not verified) Thu, 11/18/2010 - 13:58

john is the incredible hulk already

wait-a-minute...

Comment by Aube (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 08:52

So if he got into a tiny car would he shrink?
That kind of makes John seem like a genie.....

Now when you say "trip"...

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 23:46

Now when you say "trip"...

tee hee.

Comment by robocotte (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 23:59

Ha ha ha ha at least George rolls with it. I've answered as such before while driving but caught myself with, "wait wait I mean...!" but then no one understands and it's too awkward to explain. High five I'mma live a George-life.

Also Yuko and John's mismatching sizes is illustrated so charmingly here, d'awww.

Bridesmaid dress

Comment by Carole (not verified) Tue, 11/16/2010 - 23:59

Is there a picture of John

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 00:07

Is there a picture of John lying around somewhere? I'm really curious to see what he actually looks like.

A quick Google search turned

Comment by Kevin (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 00:45

*waits a few seconds*

Comment by Ian Price (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 00:16

.......
OOoooooooooooh, now I get it.
.......
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dresses

Comment by Sarah (with an h) (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 00:58

There is a place called Designer and Promise on the corner of Fulton and Nassau St, near the South Street Seaport. I got a really nice dress for my friends wedding for about $60. They have fashionable stuff and at a fairly affordable price to boot.

PS. Georg's face = Creepy. 8D

Correction

Comment by Sarah (with an h) (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 01:01

*George's

I love that Yuko has checked

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 01:10

I love that Yuko has checked off something since that comic.

Is it a bad thing that I got this so quickly?

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 01:13

I swear this is identical to my group of friends, except we don't have a John to mediate. The line of conversation usually ends up wayyy of topic from the original.

Yeah...I got the joke a bit too quickly too

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Thu, 11/18/2010 - 22:32

Unfortunately, I'm the one amongst my friends with the Georgian humor. I'm not the only one, but I'm certainly the first to open his mouth with something like that...

Is it weird that I began to

Comment by Ali (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 02:39

Is it weird that I began to shout "WE DON'T NEED TO KNOW THAT GEORGE" in my mind before I even read the next panel? Probably not.

Also what is John looking at through the window I want to know I want to knowwwww

People

Comment by DemLep (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 02:53

People that fit in cars normally.

if you're looking for

Comment by supersamurai (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 05:02

if you're looking for something a bit different and vintage-inspired, how about giving these a look?

I love Yuko's swirly-knitted

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 07:50

I love Yuko's swirly-knitted eyebrows showing her displeasure at George's comment. XD

john

Comment by Bran (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 08:43

couldn't have said anything exactly what was said. and george knew exactly what he was saying hahaha

What I love is that you guys

Comment by Robert V. Aldrich (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 08:57

What I love is that you guys shed no light on where you're going. Deep down, I find myself wondering if you're on your way to some kind of Multi-Cultural Rangers meeting, or some kind of mass gathering of world-conquerers. I'm not sure which I'd be less surprised by.

Psh, you obviously didn't

Comment by Linners (not verified) Thu, 11/18/2010 - 11:37

Psh, you obviously didn't read the alt text. They're on their way to Uncomfortabletown!

I'm looking for a bridesmaid

Comment by Caroline (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 09:36

I'm looking for a bridesmaid dress around here myself. I work down in SoHo so there are a bazillion places but then all of them are like SURPRISE this costs $800 dollars and your consumer-avoiding soul and also we are going to give you That Look when we see you trying to casually sneak out the door right after you look at a price tag.

I think Yuko and I have the same style sensibilities (or maybe lack thereof), so if you want to shoot me an e-mail with what kind of style and price range you're looking for, I'll let you know if I find anything.

John always makes me laugh

Comment by Anonymouse (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 11:11

John always makes me laugh when he's in a car scene cause of the way he doesn't fit in any cars haha.

Exaggeration is awesome

Comment by Drezz (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 12:56

I love how John is always on the borderline of snapping. I think the next time we see the gang in a car, John's head will be sticking out the window because he's outgrown the car.

I saw the pics of the Garies shirt from NEWW.

Wow. That's awesome. And it's YELLOW!

That grin...

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 13:19

Geroge now has the uncanny resemblance to The Major from Hellsing. O.o

Dress Comic

Comment by Emi (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 13:35

Heh, since the "Megan is engaged" strip one of those check boxes has been filled by darling Rook.

No wonder John is always grouchy

Comment by Razor (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 13:35

...he always has a stiff neck from being in cramped cars!

When I read what George said, I thought, "Aw, no, you REALLY didn't just say that did you??"

Too late.

Just a comment

Comment by Amanda (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 14:15

@the Comic - Lawls as always.
@the Dress - Good luck Yuko (Demands pics or sketches of said dress) Unfortunately I don't live in the NYC area (Bostonian) wish I could help!

Based Solely on Speech Bubble Style

Comment by Jason (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 14:29

I want John to meet Yuko's dad.

Under the Influence...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 16:38

of Garies? That smile looks rather like the one from the shirt...

Dear John

Comment by CourtNouveau (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 19:06

I want to marry you, John. If I could find a box big enough I would be your mail-order bride, one you didn't order but who, oddly enough, refuses to leave you anyway.

I'm guessing...

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 21:50

I'm guessing that offramp wasn't "exit only" for George.... >.>

JP Bridal

Comment by Jen T (not verified) Wed, 11/17/2010 - 23:24

Not sure if it was suggested yet, but a few years ago I was in a wedding and this place not only had the dress the bride picked out, but it was super cheap, even with alterations.

It's off the Grand Street B/D.

...I totally got that joke

Comment by Nico (not verified) Thu, 11/18/2010 - 00:24

...I totally got that joke first thing... I'm a terrible person...

English is my second language.....

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Thu, 11/18/2010 - 05:20

And I already get that joke too...... so is it time to learn another language?

Bridesmaid's Dress

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/18/2010 - 07:22

When I got married, I ordered bridesmaid's dresses from http://www.bellabridesmaid.com, and there is a NYC location.

I liked the designs, and you can get a silk dress for not much more than the dresses in less expensive cloth at other shops.

Good luck!

John needs a car with a

Comment by Maus (not verified) Thu, 11/18/2010 - 10:27

John needs a car with a sunroof so he can poke his head through. Hehe. Every darn time I see John in a comic, I just want to give him a big hug and a basket of cookies. So cute and so grumpy. :) Needs many hugs to cheer him up, but by looking at some of these comics, sounds like he has a little bit of a fan club. :P

DA Page

Comment by RobotMaster3 (not verified) Thu, 11/18/2010 - 15:02

I was wanting to know if you guys (or at least Yuko) have a DeviantArt page, so I can follow a lot more of her art than just the comic (which is insanely funny for being so most-of-the-time true.)

Yuko's Eyebrows

Comment by Grashbar (not verified) Thu, 11/18/2010 - 15:55

Dem eyebrows.

Also, the comics funny'all, but I don't get the core joke.