Sorry Yuko!

Sorry Yuko!

Thu, 11/25/2010 - 21:27 by Ananth in response to right, guys?

It's Aaron again (Master of the Fried Plantain), and Miss Julia, and myself - all non-carnivores to varying degree. Yuko is speaking to her audience. Clearly!

Yuko has a guest appearance over at Dirt Between My Toes! Rad!

Happy Thanksgiving to our domestic readers! My brother is visiting from California, so our family is together for the first time in quite a while. We're all catching up.

A recap of store information for the holidays, pulled from Tuesday's post:

THE CUT-OFF FOR DOMESTIC HOLIDAY ORDERS IS DECEMBER 15th. FOR INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAY ORDERS IT IS DECEMBER 1ST. Sorry, I know that's close for international folks! Second - Hokusai shirts are in! Here's a look:

I am really happy with how they came out. ALSO, ALL OTHER T-SHIRTS ARE NOW 25% OFF. We've never done a sale before, but you guys blew us away picking up JW:V1 (still available, of course) and we wanted to do something nice for you. And speaking of nice things, Yuko has also put together various dinosaur related gift-packs (silly bands, stickers, little plastic dinos or dinogliders)! We're including them with all orders - a little something extra for the holidays.

That's all for us! Have a good one! See you next week.

Comments

You know what you must do

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 11/28/2010 - 10:08

You know what you must do Yuko.

You must eat in herbivores. They are prey, you are a predator!
CONSUME THEM! RIP AND TEAR!

Oh I see.

Comment by Quinn (not verified) Sun, 11/28/2010 - 11:35

I never got around to commenting because of some stuff I have had to take care of, but oh boy.

Some of these comments. Especially that jerk who messed with people's food. People eat what they eat. I am a vegetarian but it never makes me feel better than anyone else. I even cook meat for my boyfriend and it doesn't bother me. Sometimes the smell of cooked meat is a little too much for me to handle but whatever, I get over it.

I knew Ananth was vegetarian from when Yuko posted that vegetarian pulled pork recipe, which I still have written down but haven't tried making. Didn't know Aaron was vegan though, that's nifty.

Let's just get along with each other and enjoy life!

I've never had plantains

Comment by FH (not verified) Sun, 11/28/2010 - 14:13

I've never had plantains fried in bacon grease but I have had fried plantains stuffed with ground beef. It sounded pretty nasty at first but it turned out to be delicious mmmmmm

Oh dear

Comment by Joe Fox (not verified) Sun, 11/28/2010 - 20:18

Poor Yuko, all alone in her meat-eating ways.

I would never be able to give up meat of my own violation, it just plain tastes too darn good. I still like trying new things and veggie stuff, but given the chance I'll take delicious meaty meat any day.

As a Vegetarian

Comment by Zehnoda (not verified) Sun, 11/28/2010 - 20:40

This happens to me all the time, but I am usually the minority. Why just this morning a good friend of mine was telling me about this burger place that I had to try. It took him a minute to remember.

I am not very hardcore about it, but I wouldn't eat anything in bacon grease. Mainly because I would get very ill. If your body is not used to something, shock therapy never goes well.

Oh my god! I had no idea

Comment by Michael (not verified) Mon, 11/29/2010 - 00:32

Oh my god! I had no idea that anyone else did this! My family calls them platinos (hooray for being 1/2 Panamanian!). I don't know how you guys cook them, but we try to get them really ripe so they are super sweet when they're fried. I do 't think they would taste that great in bacon grease though...

Yup

Comment by GerunKnarlson (not verified) Mon, 11/29/2010 - 13:21

Growing up in a very vegan/vegetarian-intensive neighborhood, it's hard to escape those awkward moments when you realize that you're the only meat-eating person in the room. Although it certainly helps you develop a taste for their recipes!

Plantains....in BACON grease....it sounds like something my two little sisters would just LOVE and my three older sisters would just LOATHE and my brother and I would eat and say 'meh'.

Bacon is delicious so long as it's thick and juicy. None of the wimpy skinny scrapings.

Also delicious: Mushrooms, stuffed and fried. Mmmm. Think I'll go make myself some....

Vegans

Comment by BurntToShreds (not verified) Mon, 11/29/2010 - 22:13

Being a vegan is illegal in Texas. >:[

Omnivore all the way

Comment by CasualOtaku (not verified) Fri, 12/03/2010 - 05:24

I love my bacon. I love it so much I can only buy it once in a blue moon lest I devour the entire package in two sittings...by myself. I bought the Bacon Salt in an attempt to get my fix in a healthier fashion, and while it IS good. It's not as good as the real deal.

I will be trying this for certain.

Sidenote: Yuko somehow manages to be as adorable in real life as she is in the comic. This makes me green with envy.

Yikes!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 12/05/2010 - 05:14

I was reading through some of these comments, and a lot of them are harsh! "Meat is good for you!" "You shouldn't make fun of this, my friend is allergic to meat!"

I thought the comic was brilliant. :) I laughed. Hard.

So many people treat vegetarians like some cult members. It's just a diet choice (or, of course, you might have allergies or health issues, etc.), not some religion.

Anyway, loved this comic. :)