Ring ring

Ring ring

Thu, 12/02/2010 - 17:31 by Ananth in response to all quiet on the western bus

EDIT: Photo link should work now! Here it is again.

The flip side of this is yelling into the phone when we make long-distance calls - the clarity of phonecalls used to be worse when I was younger, but I'd like to think we yell because it's so far away. My mom is in India right now, sightseeing some ancient ruins with my brother - hopefully they'll come back with some photos that I can share with you guys. I got to go on a similar trip a little while ago. You can see photos here, if you're curious. Rode a camel into the desert and everything. As soon as my brother and I graduated, my parents began traveling - they see a little more of the world every year.

Only because I have to - quick holiday deadline round-up (man, this gets tedious!):

• INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAY ORDERS: DEC 1ST (We'll mail out international orders as quickly as we can regardless! But the deadline has technically passed.)
  • DOMESTIC HOLIDAY ORDERS: DEC 15TH
  • Mawzantine shirts are still 25% off! New Hokusai tee available, as well as Puppy and Maw keychains.
  • Books! Special Editions still available - we will be cutting them off at some point to be sure they get out in time for the holidays.

I think that's all -- have a good weekend! We'll catch you next week.

Comments

Phone quality

Comment by ColdFusion (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 18:23

I often wonder why phone audio quality is still so crap, when we have such better digital audio technology now..

I do that too. I don't know

Comment by Sidka (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 18:32

I do that too. I don't know why I whisper on the bus. Or if I'm on the phone while getting on, I'll end the call.

It's even worse when you're half deaf

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 18:50

My hearing is terrible when it comes to the phone and I always have to have people repeat what they're saying. Here's a tip, don't tell me anything embarrassing while on the phone in public. Also, phone sex gets dull quickly:

"What are you wearing."
"Nothing."
"What?"
I said nothing!"
"Oh, cool."

man this is great. i lol'd

Comment by supersamurai (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 22:50

man this is great. i lol'd when i read the comic and then i lol'd again reading this comment

MAXIMUM VALUE ACHIEVED

Thanks

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Sun, 12/05/2010 - 04:40

I love it when people like my jokes.

Whenever I start whispering

Comment by Leah (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 18:51

Whenever I start whispering on the phone my boyfriend whispers back. I use to think he was weird but I see other people do it too.

Not loading

Comment by RobotMaster3 (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 18:52

I clicked on the link to see the pics you posted of your trip, but it said "Page Not Found".

I think I've fixed it - give

Comment by Ananth Fri, 12/03/2010 - 11:08

I think I've fixed it - give it a shot!

Haha, I do a similar thing

Comment by Klawzie (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 22:13

Haha, I do a similar thing when gaming where I try to treat the tv like a window instead of, you know, turning the in-game camera..
I'm also known to yell during co-op with my dad, if his character is far away..even though he's right beside me..

I'm interested in ancient

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 22:18

I'm interested in ancient cultures of many kinds, I hope you can share some photos with us too!

Also... how do you get "verified"? Would be nice not to have to type crap in every time I want to post...

Aha.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 22:20

I tend to talk low when on the phone in public and have noticed whoever's on the other line usually responds in kind.

Related to Klawzie's situation, when playing co-op shooters my friends and I tend to speak loudly to each other even though we're in the same room. Just saying 'Hunter on the right, watch out' in a conversational tone feels... wrong, somehow.

It's also hard to do. In the heat of the moment, even when you try to just say it it still comes out "HUNTER HUNTER HUNTER! RIGHT SIDE, TWO OF THEM! [EXPLETIVES]! HEADS UP! AGH HAMMER GOT ME FROM BEHIND!"

My mom has had a sore throat

Comment by mordio (not verified) Thu, 12/02/2010 - 23:32

My mom has had a sore throat all week and she lost her voice a few days ago. She works as an assistant/secretary for an ophthalmologist, so the biggest part of her job is answering phones. Luckily, the other nurses took over the phones, but they have gotten into the habit of whispering whenever they're near my mom, and when she asks them why, they realize what they're doing and speak normally. The worst part of it was that as she was telling me this, I had lowered my voice (not to a whisper, just a bit quieter than usual) without realizing what was going on until I noticed that it was awfully quiet.

Some Public Transport phone calls should be whispered

Comment by Raptorix (not verified) Fri, 12/03/2010 - 00:07

I learned today that sometimes you don't want to hear what people standing on the train next to you are talking about on the phone. I kinda wish they'd whisper.

Also that Flickr is either private or bahleeted. ;A;

Flickr link is corrected,

Comment by Ananth Fri, 12/03/2010 - 11:10

Flickr link is corrected, sorry about that!

Aananth, your mother is

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 12/03/2010 - 03:07

Aananth, your mother is adorable. :D

Of course its a logical enough thing to do. You know, monkey see monkey do. Only not monkies.

My point is, your mother isn't a monkey. She's sounds like a lovely mother to have. :3

What link?

Comment by Emma Depression (not verified) Fri, 12/03/2010 - 06:55

I clicked the linked but it didn't work.

I'm never comfortable talking on the phone because I always think I sound weird on the other side of the line.

I think I've fixed the photo

Comment by Ananth Fri, 12/03/2010 - 11:10

I think I've fixed the photo link, sorry about that!

Yelling

Comment by Ankit (not verified) Fri, 12/03/2010 - 12:37

I still like to think we yell on long distance calls because it's so far away. It's more fun that way. Plus when India's yelling at me, I yell back; and they still do sometimes. :P

LOL

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 12/03/2010 - 13:20

Haha i do this too all the time. Usually in the mornings the buses and trains are both packed and quiet. Most of the time i dont answer and then start texting the person

Now it's stuck in my head

Comment by Toad (not verified) Fri, 12/03/2010 - 16:30

Dammit. Now everything I read sounds like a whisper in my head. I feel like I can't find the volume on my reading. D:

Just received the ZooLology

Comment by Tiffany (not verified) Fri, 12/03/2010 - 23:30

Just received the ZooLology t-shirt and am very pleased with it! You guys are SO awesome. =D Thanks!

I just got the Hokusai

Comment by Bronte (not verified) Sun, 12/05/2010 - 04:17

I just got the Hokusai t-shirt, and I love it! And the little dinosaur glider I got with it was just.. Love. Thanks for packing that in and getting it over so fast. <3

My Eyes Hurt

Comment by Swish (not verified) Sun, 12/05/2010 - 20:11

So, I found this comic via HiNaBN last night and I stayed up and read the entire thing...

I completely loved every entry. I especially laughed at the salesperson asking for Yuko's parents as that same thing happens to me all the time. I'll be 23 in a few months and I get asked if I'm 12/13. -_-

I also found the cereal toy entry to be hilarious. I have three of those things in a drawer next to my bed (starfleet command, starfleet engineer, and 1 klingon). They're actually quite useful. And the fact that I'm an engineer major makes it all the more awesome, yay.

Just ordered a Hokusai

Comment by M3rcd (not verified) Sun, 12/05/2010 - 22:17

Can't wait for it <3

paleontololgy??

Comment by Kimmy (not verified) Tue, 12/07/2010 - 13:33

Sorry if I spelled that wrong =/... Are you planning to do any more orders of paleontololgy shirts after Christmas?

Mom's are cute

Comment by Aden (not verified) Tue, 12/07/2010 - 17:25

They are. Also could more people whisper on the phone when on the bus? This woman sat behind me and just, dang, she could not turn down her voice volume.