Ughhh I feel so bad.

Ughhh I feel so bad.

Tue, 12/07/2010 - 20:11 by Ananth in response to beer-scented car-freshener

We haven't kept a car since we moved to Brooklyn - public transit and walking get us where we need to go 99% of the time. When we're outside the city is a different story, but luckily Yuko's parents are kind enough to lend us a car when the need arises. And then we went and did this! I'm sorry, Yuko's parents. You are very nice to us.

Yuko's posted some new art on her Tumblr! Which may or not be up, I don't know. But listen - some of the art is a little NSFW. You've been warned! And here's my tumblr, to be thorough.

Thought I'd posted this, but I was mistaken - a little while ago Nina Stone reviewed Johnny Wander: V1 for Romancing the Stone, a feature on The Factual Opinion. The review is good (spoilers), but what struck me was how much of our process Nina got right. She's like a laser, she gets right to the core of it.

Here is that holiday info again - I'm going to make a static entry below this week, sorry for the reposts:

• INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAY ORDERS: DEC 1ST (We'll mail out international orders as quickly as we can regardless! But the deadline has technically passed.)
  • DOMESTIC HOLIDAY ORDERS: DEC 15TH
  • Mawzantine shirts are still 25% off! New Hokusai tee available, as well as Puppy and Maw keychains.
  • Books! Special Editions still available - we will be cutting them off at some point to be sure they get out in time for the holidays.

(Also guys & gals, the Daft Punk soundtrack for Tron is killer! I am doing a lot of my writing to it. See you Thursday!)

Comments

beer!

Comment by Margot J (not verified) Tue, 12/07/2010 - 20:23

This is particularly funny as a full growler (as in jug o' beer, 64 oz.) burst while we were still 4 hours from home on our way back from our family Thanksgiving. A week later the smell has mostly faded, thankfully!

I read this as: CAR SCENTED

Comment by Venni (not verified) Tue, 12/07/2010 - 20:44

I read this as: CAR SCENTED BEER FRESHENER

More than likely, if Yuko's

Comment by otakop (not verified) Tue, 12/07/2010 - 22:39

More than likely, if Yuko's mother is like my mother was, she probably said that just to see what Yuko's reaction would be. My mom would do that just to see if I had lied to my dad. BTW, there is no way I would lie to him. My dad was HUGE in a Chuck Norris kind of way. I once saw that man pick up a car engine by himself. Kicking my ass would exhaust him as much as picking lint off his shirt would.

Yup. Yuko's a sot.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 12/08/2010 - 00:13

Oh yeah, she's used to it by now. Car all sticky with split beer; she just puts a tarp over the seat and drives.

We were so totally drunk...

Comment by George Rohac (not verified) Wed, 12/08/2010 - 00:14

C'mon Yuko you know it was the truth.

Of course then again maybe you wouldn't remember with all those kegger stands and yagerbombs you were doing.

Yagerbombs?

Comment by Aube (not verified) Wed, 12/08/2010 - 22:53

Keggers and yagerbombs? who knew the JW crew were a bunch of frat bros.

......

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Wed, 12/08/2010 - 03:57

Daughter

I disappoint

......

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 12/08/2010 - 07:08

Mother

Feels bad, man

So did you really get drunk

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 12/08/2010 - 10:31

So did you really get drunk or was your dad being dramatic again?

Oh now I remember...

Comment by dcorsetto (not verified) Wed, 12/08/2010 - 13:03

Heh, it occurred to me AFTER I read this strip that I was there when this happened. I think George asked me for help, but I heard it as "have fun" or something like that, and left him in the parking lot!

<3 I'M SORRY GEORGE <3

Dad's pfff, drama queens.

Comment by Aube (not verified) Wed, 12/08/2010 - 22:51

Well beer is better than dead animal. I let my brother use my car to help a friend move and for some strange reason they didn't transport the stuff in the fridge in a cooler and . . . well a couple weeks later I found half a pound of lunch meat under my seat. I spent the next day detailing my car and the next month with ten air fresheners hanging from anything I could get the strings thru.

Random and unrelated to today's comic...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 01:29

...bu-u-u-t would it be possible to add a "Random" button along with the next, prev, first and last buttons for navigating through the comic? Your comics are wonderful so sometimes I want to just sit down and read a handful before getting back to work, but I have to read my handful sequentially from either the first comic or the last one, so there are a lot in the middle that I never get to see.

Just a thought. And just in case I haven't said it before somewhere, I love Johnny Wander! Easily one of my favorite webcomics; every single strip cheers me up/makes me smile.