More like RGButts amirite

More like RGButts amirite

Thu, 12/09/2010 - 20:47 by Ananth in response to CMYcat

Oh, designer jokes. Typically when a designer puts something together for print, they are working in a CMYK color space - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and the K is for Black (as in Key Black). It has to do with the way printers are set up. Anyway! The point is that Rook's tongue is magenta, his eyes are yellow, he is all black ... only the cyan was missing! UNTIL NOW.

Okay okay you guys don't care.

Yuko's got some new art up on her Tumblr! Take a look.

An update on holiday shipping,

• International shipping deadline has passed! But we can still mail it out as quickly as we can.
  • Domestic shipping deadline is December 15th!
  • We're unfortunately out of holiday dino gifts! Really sorry about that! We went and got a second batch and you guys burned through that too.
  • Mawzantine Crest tees are 25% off! Hokusai tees available too!
  • And books! We're cutting off Special Edition books soon so that Yuko has enough time to get them all ready for holiday shipping!
  • Lastly, there are only about 10 Puppy keychains left!

I think that's it. Sorry these posts have been so repetitive - Winter is possibly the busiest time of year! See you next week!

Comments

OW/WOW

Comment by psychogaze (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:03

I feel both elated and terrible for getting that joke.

So. Cute. <3

Comment by ArtemisRampant (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:07

So. Cute. <3

SO FREAKIN CUTE!!!! XD

Comment by Bettina Marie (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:08

That is ABSOLUTELY the cutest thing EVER!!!! XD

Yay designer jokes!

Comment by Kist (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:12

Yay designer jokes!

I am a designer, and I approve of this message!

Comment by peterntrinh (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:19

Now this is a comic I can...index.
Ok, never mind. That one falls pretty flat.

Tee hee

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:42

I love that the collar has a tiny little trill of triumph.

...or it has a bell. Either way, it's adorable.

Design nerds

Comment by Allen (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:46

This is exactly the sort of joke I wish I'd though of first :)

+1000 design nerd points for both of you!

CMYK

Comment by Allen (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:49

I hate it when I think of a corollary joke after I hit "post":

Cyan Magenta Yellow Kitty

:D

Oh my goodness, now I want a

Comment by Jen (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:48

Oh my goodness, now I want a black cat.

OMG. I just died laughing.

Comment by C. Ellis (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:52

OMG. I just died laughing. Haaa, design humor is right. XD

You guys just made my day. Thank you~!!! <3

More like a physics joke! :P

Comment by saskia (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:56

More like a physics joke! :P

HAH!

Comment by Aido Fri, 12/10/2010 - 10:36

You're right!  Gosh, we are so smart.

Comment by Sven (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:59

Nerd jokes make my day.

This is the kind of cheesy

Comment by James H (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 21:59

This is the kind of cheesy that makes your comic so full of win. :D

I totally thought this was

Comment by Americanlink (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 22:00

I totally thought this was awesome. I'm so nerdy. XD

So, is Pantone cat coming up next?

THAT IS AMAZING. 8D Rook is

Comment by Lauren (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 22:54

THAT IS AMAZING. 8D
Rook is the best cat!!

Dear Yuko and Ananth, This

Comment by Evan (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 23:17

Dear Yuko and Ananth,

This comic made me crack a smile bigger than any smile I've had in about a year and a half.

Love,
Evan

...also the K is for kuro.

Comment by Nilsa (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 23:29

...also the K is for kuro.

Actually …

Comment by Rock (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 05:25

Actually the K is for Key, since the cyan, magenta and yellow printing plates in a printing press are keyed to the black plate.

I think Nilsa was just

Comment by Kouya (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 17:08

I think Nilsa was just making a second joke on what K could stand for since kuro means black in Japanese X'D

Color kitty...

Comment by mquirk (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2010 - 23:47

If you had a dog, would you use spot color instead?

*GROAN*

Comment by Mel (not verified) Sat, 12/11/2010 - 13:52

That.. was terrible XD

As an art major,

Comment by Art Major (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 00:07

I was ROTF. I love designer jokes, and I love cats. This made my day.

i used to test printers, so

Comment by green_fairy (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 00:32

i used to test printers, so when i first read this, i started giggling like mad. hubby looked at me like i'm crazy, but it's all good! yay obscure color jokes!

Give me a world painted in

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 00:47

Give me a world painted in CMYK~

Give me a world where the artists will play~

I just can't stand anymore RGB~

Let my visions be printed so they are free~

nice :D

Comment by BenjiCG (not verified) Sun, 12/12/2010 - 08:52

That needs to be on a tshirt :D

Oh goodness.

Comment by This Guy (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 00:54

You guys (and girl!) are great. when i read your comic i feel like i'm talking to a friend.
This will become another one of my favorites. a little something that i'm proud to say i got the joke on the first read.
i hope i meet people as awesome as you someday (maybe even you)

Oh god, That... that's

Comment by Cake (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 04:52

Oh god,
That... that's just.
Wow.

I love you guys <3

I laughed out loud, did a re-take, and then laughed again.
XD

Nice to see a cat with a

Comment by Sweet Dick Willy (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 05:00

Nice to see a cat with a collar.

I totally LOVED this comic.

Comment by Joh (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 05:36

I totally LOVED this comic. Really.

Cyan Pepper

Comment by tudza (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 05:56

whoaaaa

Comment by BenjiCG (not verified) Sun, 12/12/2010 - 08:54

shopped? but still, want XD

Hahaha, I care, but that

Comment by Briget (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 07:49

Hahaha, I care, but that might be because I am an illustrator, and as a result of having CMYK vs RGB pounded into my head as a student, I find all those jokes so awesome. :D

I feel like a dork for

Comment by Neza (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 08:42

I feel like a dork for laughing as hard as I did. My professors would be proud. :I

I LOLED SO HARD The designer

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 09:10

I LOLED SO HARD

The designer joke made my day

Bwahaha, I love you guys for

Comment by Ataryn (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 09:39

Bwahaha, I love you guys for doing design jokes.

Hahaha.

Comment by Classy (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 10:17

I would totally wear that as a t-shirt - just that last panel with CMYCat and Rook and... Yeah. xD Awesome job.

CMYKat

Comment by Matt Nelson (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 10:38

Well, now I'm gonna have to try to find a cyan collar for my own black cat, Jiji. Then every time I look at him I can chortle in artistic nerdiness.

Genius, BTW. That last panel would definitely be a marketable item. I would totally buy a sketchbook with that cover.

F Yeah Designer Jokes

Comment by Rosscott (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 11:35

RGButss is clearly better. Is he a Helveticat?

There's also a Pantone joke in there somewhere.

HELVETICAT! FFFFF hahaha I

Comment by Kouya (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 17:10

HELVETICAT! FFFFF hahaha I love you.

ERRRRFF!!! *wiping coffee

Comment by Samuraiartguy (not verified) Sat, 12/11/2010 - 01:42

ERRRRFF!!! *wiping coffee from my display* LOL!

Comment by Nick (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 11:47

This is awesome. Thanks!

HAHAHAHA art dorks. <3

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 13:34

HAHAHAHA art dorks. <3

lmfao that sounds like

Comment by Erin (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 14:28

lmfao that sounds like something I'd do if I was in your career choice :P

Love.

Comment by Copper Heron (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 15:02

Love.

A personal story nobody cares to hear :D

Comment by ColdFusion (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 18:42

I got a collar for my cat so nobody would think he was a stray.. but he hated it so much, he tried to bite it off.. when it caught on his teeth and his jaw was held open, he DIDN'T TELL ME... because he knew I'd fix it and he'd have to wear it again..
I took pity on him and didn't make him wear it anymore XD

CMYK

Comment by RobotMaster3 (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 18:43

It stands for Cute Merry Young Kitty.

A is for omgsofrickingAdorable

Comment by Aube (not verified) Fri, 12/10/2010 - 20:39

I have to confess, I am a definite dog person but cats can be too adorable.

Hey, I care

Comment by Talk Nerdy to Me (not verified) Sat, 12/11/2010 - 00:20

I got your joke even before the explanation! I'm not even an art person myself, i just learned about how printing presses worked when i was 9... from the book The Way Things Work... I liked it

Two thumbs up!
for Facebook readers: Like and a Superlike!