More like RGButts amirite

More like RGButts amirite

Thu, 12/09/2010 - 20:47 by Ananth in response to CMYcat

Oh, designer jokes. Typically when a designer puts something together for print, they are working in a CMYK color space - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and the K is for Black (as in Key Black). It has to do with the way printers are set up. Anyway! The point is that Rook's tongue is magenta, his eyes are yellow, he is all black ... only the cyan was missing! UNTIL NOW.

Okay okay you guys don't care.

Yuko's got some new art up on her Tumblr! Take a look.

An update on holiday shipping,

• International shipping deadline has passed! But we can still mail it out as quickly as we can.
  • Domestic shipping deadline is December 15th!
  • We're unfortunately out of holiday dino gifts! Really sorry about that! We went and got a second batch and you guys burned through that too.
  • Mawzantine Crest tees are 25% off! Hokusai tees available too!
  • And books! We're cutting off Special Edition books soon so that Yuko has enough time to get them all ready for holiday shipping!
  • Lastly, there are only about 10 Puppy keychains left!

I think that's it. Sorry these posts have been so repetitive - Winter is possibly the busiest time of year! See you next week!

Comments

Amiriteamirite?

Comment by Hoshums (not verified) Sat, 12/11/2010 - 01:35

So, anyone else agree that "Cat" should be spelled with a "K" in this case? Anyone, anyone?

OhMyGods... I am SUCH a

Comment by Samuraiartguy (not verified) Sat, 12/11/2010 - 01:40

OhMyGods... I am SUCH a graphics geek.
I was totally sniggering at that.

Just thinking about all the times I have wanted to put my head through my monitor trying to explain to a client the difference between RGB and CMYK, while they're complaining "It didn't look like that on MY screen!" (Yeah, your UNCALIBRATED $79 Dell Display...)

Carry on. Banzai!

Looked like she was holding

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 12/11/2010 - 06:25

Looked like she was holding a thong at first glance.
Was thinking to myself "now there is a woman who is passionate about thongs"

T-shirts of CMYcat. Do it. <3

Comment by Morph (not verified) Sat, 12/11/2010 - 06:32

T-shirts of CMYcat. Do it. <3

lol I got the joke and it

Comment by Spicy (not verified) Sat, 12/11/2010 - 17:37

lol I got the joke and it made me feel like a designer nerd

I <3 you guys and your nerd

Comment by Bakamoichigei (not verified) Sun, 12/12/2010 - 00:41

I <3 you guys and your nerd humor. :D

ha ha

Comment by Toz (not verified) Sun, 12/12/2010 - 02:10

Now you need to adopt a red kitty with green eyes and get him a blue collar.

CMYK and RGB :P

ahahahhahahahha this is

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 12/12/2010 - 02:24

ahahahhahahahha this is wonderful!! XD

IMMA PRINTER :D

Comment by BenjiCG (not verified) Sun, 12/12/2010 - 08:50

I work at a printing firm in my hometown so I fully approve of this joke :D
If any readers need any printing done and they're in the Milton Keynes area check out Murrays the Printers :D
Just cause we rock :D

Mother's cat died because

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 12/12/2010 - 09:47

Mother's cat died because it's collar got stuck on something and it choked to death. Good luck with that. =/

It's a safety collar - it

Comment by Ananth Tue, 12/14/2010 - 14:50

It's a safety collar - it comes undone easily if too much stress is put on it. Sorry to hear about your mother's cat.

HAHA

Comment by Winklebeebee (not verified) Sun, 12/12/2010 - 18:25

I get it. And I laughed. People turned and stared :P

gwafic design joke! love it!

Comment by kaze (not verified) Sun, 12/12/2010 - 23:22

gwafic design joke! love it!

To Yuko and Ananth:

Comment by Snickelfritz (not verified) Mon, 12/13/2010 - 05:44

First time posting -
I love your nerd humor guys. I really love what you do, and I can probably safely say this for most everyone here: I wish there was more, but alas, there is only so much time in a day.
The artwork is fantastic, and the fiction is refreshing and original. I love the auto-bio too.
I've been trying to start a webcomic for a while now and you guys are a heavy influence. I'd like you to know your work is appreciated.

Delightfully Nerdy!

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Mon, 12/13/2010 - 10:35

I want to see Rook on a bookmark or something... and more catmeras...

Coincidence: CMY Killer and

Comment by Mary (not verified) Mon, 12/13/2010 - 13:22

Coincidence: CMY Killer and his photoshop rap on college humor today http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1944668

Haha, I saw that! The

Comment by Ananth Mon, 12/13/2010 - 16:26

Haha, I saw that! The really crazy coincidence is that one of the guys who wrote that was over at our place on Sunday. ;) Small world!

Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcat

Comment by Danny (not verified) Mon, 12/13/2010 - 18:40

Rook looks like he'd fit right in to some crazy '60s psychedelic thing here.

I require CYMCat shirts for

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 12/14/2010 - 03:16

I require CYMCat shirts for my body.

possibly more than one.

The little musical notes

Comment by Adam M (not verified) Tue, 12/14/2010 - 11:47

The little musical notes around the collar are a nice touch. When I read that panel, I heard a triumphant kazoo fanfare. :)

It all makes sense now

Comment by Grandus (not verified) Tue, 12/14/2010 - 12:11

For the longest time the wife and I felt compelled to get our little black kitty Sora a cyan collar, now I know why. We both have an artistic background but it never clicked. We had been subliminally programmed!

Just watched Attack of the Show

Comment by Pirinja (not verified) Mon, 01/31/2011 - 21:04

And this comic popped to the forefront of my brain.
Some CYMK Reebok Sneakers that ATOS featured on their show today (don't know if you watch it or not but here it is!)

CMYKitty

Comment by Robyn (not verified) Tue, 02/01/2011 - 22:27

As a Graphic Designer (and fellow owner of a black cat), I giggled so hard...

Then I realized... For 2½ years, my cat had a red collar. I recently got her a new one - CYAN colored. I freaked out and ran to go check her paws (I was pretty sure they were black, but I had to be sure)... and sadly, they are black.

So I only have CYKitty.

CMYcat shirt

Comment by Kingdom Evil (not verified) Wed, 05/11/2011 - 20:41

I just got my CMYcat shirt in the mail! It is the best, I want to wear it for the rest of forever! :D

D'aww!

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 01:06

I had seen the CMYcat t-shirt ad in the sidebar, but didn't get it until Yuko referred to the collar as "cyan".

Rook is a CMYKitty :3

cmykat

Comment by Bird (not verified) Mon, 01/07/2013 - 14:36

Ah yes, I just love the cmy cat shirt lol
I would've ordered it a long time ago if the shop accepted i-deal (safe internet banking system) credit card is a big no-no online in both my country and for my parents :/