good idea or great idea

I have yet to take the plunge, which is odd - I'm usually the one with the sweet tooth. I don't know how I feel about that oily residue, though -- it doesn't sound appetizing? I'm going to wait for independent confirmation (i.e. you guys and gals). Some of you must have tried this! Google yields real results, so this is definitely a thing that people do.

Guys, John has a photo up for sale in his Etsy! I can't recall if I've mentioned it before, but he's actually a cinematographer and photographer by trade - his bread and butter is being Director of Photography on feature films, shorts and music videos. His car was broken into a while ago and some of his equipment was stolen, so this is simultaneously a way for him to test the waters and to see if he can recoup some of the unforeseen costs. If you'd like to see more of his work, you can check out his website here

There are even more sketches on Yuko's tumblr - check it out! I'm reposting this one here because it's seasonally appropriate:

and I'm posting this one because it is, as the cool kids say, "totes adorbs" (no one really says that, right??),

Hope you've been enjoying these!

The quick rundown on holiday deadlines:

• Final deadline for domestic orders is 12/15, which is TOMORROW!
  • Deadline for international orders has passed, but we will still be packing and shipping international and domestic orders diligently till 12/20!
  • After 12/20 there is a good chance your order will ship at the beginning of 2011! We'll try to get it in before then, but no guarantees.

Hope everyone is keeping warm! We'll catch you Thursday.

Comments

Not very warm and wintery

Comment by anna (not verified) Wed, 12/15/2010 - 12:31

...But I'd put the coffee, Nutella and some ice into a blender for best results. Smoothies always win!

Italian here and truly

Comment by quetzalcoatl (not verified) Wed, 12/15/2010 - 12:58

Italian here and truly disappointed :D

btw great comic, love your style

Nutella oil separation

Comment by Michael (not verified) Wed, 12/15/2010 - 13:20

I had a similar experience with the oil separation problem, except it stemmed from my enjoyment of Oreos and tea. I'd dip them in my tea like you would any normal cookie, but the oil from the cream filling would separate out because of the heat and just sit there on top of my tea, staring at me. As if to say "Yes, this was going into your body."

Yeah I had a cup of cocoa

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Wed, 12/15/2010 - 15:30

Yeah I had a cup of cocoa the other day that ended up being too weak. Nutella fixed that. Also, I love hazelnut. Pretzel sticks + nutella = good.

In Canada...

Comment by Ali (not verified) Wed, 12/15/2010 - 15:32

Nutella and Hot Chocolate are okay (you gotta cook it slowly though, you can't just stir it in or it doesn't mix in well) but Hot Chocolate and /maple syrup/ is totally the way to go. Or better yet, vanilla ice cream with maple syrup and macadamia nuts. It's the best thing since sliced bread, man.

Nutella Drink Possible Problem Solution

Comment by landminecat (not verified) Wed, 12/15/2010 - 15:33

Perhaps you could dab the surface (where all the oil sits) with a paper towel. I have no idea whether this would work or not, but it might make it look more appealling and be a little less gross if you think about it while drinking?

Utilize the Coffee Filter

Comment by Hilary (not verified) Wed, 12/15/2010 - 15:36

Now, in my high school French Class, Nutella was a big thing I guess, since they love to put it on French bread in Europe or something. And we have a coffee machine in the room. One day someone put the Nutella in WITH the coffee beans in the filter. I dunno if that would change the result, but the filter might help to siv out the oils and just leave the nutty and chocolaty taste. It must have been good since they've been doing it ever since.

I thought of this and was

Comment by Jonathan Mohr (not verified) Thu, 12/16/2010 - 11:37

I thought of this and was going to suggest buying some chintzy coffee maker and trying this but leave it in the bathtub. Reason being, the oil might actually line the filter making it impermeable and the boiling water might flow over like a searing hazelnutty tidal-wave of chocolaty destruction.

Chemistry

Comment by Hilary (not verified) Fri, 12/17/2010 - 07:47

Well, oil wouldn't solidify if it were hot, it's be liquid still, and, so long as you clean your coffee pot as often as you should, it shouldn't be a problem... But I don't pretend to know the chemistry behind it all. I'm not a coffee drinker myself, more of a long time observer. I just know that's what they did in my French Class and it seemed to work for them for the past 5-7 years.

Cajeta

Comment by Amanda (not verified) Wed, 12/15/2010 - 16:49

I've had Nutella once, and I really didn't enjoy it all that much. I much prefer cajeta, which is caramelized goat's milk. It's SOO good by itself or on bread.

Lucky Bastard

Comment by White Rhino (not verified) Thu, 12/16/2010 - 04:35

Hey hey! Looks like the girl with the skeleton hand let Death spend the night.

Unless my memory is really bad this morning and that's not who the guy is.

Where am I again?

nubular appendage

Comment by simz (not verified) Thu, 12/16/2010 - 09:16

I heard someone say "totes" in an actual (sortof) conversation yesterday.
I was not a happy panda

also-- lovin' the nubby arm in the third panel :U i think it's endearing.

Totally

Comment by Anmi (not verified) Thu, 12/16/2010 - 09:21

I think I have to agree with the cool kids - that is totes adorbs!

Nan,I love how Yuko draws everything so cute.I especially love that middle panel,it's so crisp with its' adorable detail!

Uuunfortunately however,I can't really offer much in the Nutella department.Haven't had that for years.That sounds like a really good of a tasty idea,though!

Totes to the motes

Comment by Zak (not verified) Fri, 12/17/2010 - 19:15

Gonna say Totes Adorbs ALL THE TIME NOW.

XD Try nutella (or

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Wed, 12/22/2010 - 09:35

XD Try nutella (or pralinutta, same thing) + peanut butter + coffee ice cream. It's FANTASTIC

The Solution to The Nutella Coffee!

Comment by Katy (not verified) Thu, 01/13/2011 - 11:14

So I just found this recipe for Nutella Hot Chocolate

Basically, you heat the milk and then whisk in the Nutella. By some sorcery, it doesn't get clumpy or look gross D:
And it's really delicious and hazlenutty and I see no reason why you can't add this to coffee for a Nutella Cafe Au Lait!

Just a thought: Whisk the

Comment by toshiro.kanchou (not verified) Thu, 01/20/2011 - 13:00

Just a thought: Whisk the hot cocoa and nutella together, to re-emulsify it. Might work, might not work. But I dislike nutella and thus won't try this at home...

Try David Leibowitz's

Comment by Nutella lover (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 16:55

Try David Leibowitz's homemade nutella for one that might be less oily and therefore mix in better:

I did this once... It didn't

Comment by Anika (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 20:49

I did this once...
It didn't even taste good. :c

Cecilia and Death, together in their morning pajamas?

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 01:11

How scandalous! And cute! I shall squee. *does so*

I wish to find some sort of water-soluble Nutella product, because I have had the same problem as Yuko.