Brrrr.

Brrrr.

Thu, 12/16/2010 - 15:55 by Ananth in response to fueled by various teas and coffees

We weren't originally going to post this, but what the hell! The internet issue is fixed! Sadly it's still freezing in here. All of us are wearing some combination of layers like Yuko is - she wins for most layers, though. Brrr.

All holiday shipping deadlines have passed! At this point you are still more than welcome to put in an order and we will ship it as soon as humanly possible, but we can make no guarantees on a timely delivery. After December 20th we'll likely suspend all shipping until the New Year, although I'll try to keep up as best I can.

John is selling photos in his Etsy! You can read more about it here, or in the Etsy listing - basically, John got his equipment stolen out of a car a little while ago and he's selling some of his work to help recoup the costs.

Here's another sketch from Yuko:

Pretty cool.

I think that's it! We'll see you guys next week, hopefully in a much warmer state!

Comments

This is the usual amount of

Comment by Martyna (not verified) Sat, 12/18/2010 - 17:08

This is the usual amount of clothes I have to wear in the evenings in my apartment. And the heat is working perfectly fine! So I know the feeling, in a way.

Dancing around the room works best from what I've learned ;>

Freezing?

Comment by Lindsay (not verified) Sat, 12/18/2010 - 17:45

Aw that sucks guys! I hope the heat kicks in soon! What's cold for you guys? Right now it's about 5 Fahrenheit where I live ^_^

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR THE SYSTEM!!

Comment by Day (not verified) Sat, 12/18/2010 - 18:08

As a fellow resident of NYC, might I suggest a call to 311. An unheated apartment in the onset/middle/end of winter is something that's completely not supposed to happen and a call to 311 starts you on the fabulously bureaucratic journey to get that situation rectified. Hope you guys get your heat back soon.

The top layer is everything.

Comment by Aaron (not verified) Sat, 12/18/2010 - 23:12

The top layer is everything. If mine doesn't trap heat well, then I have a hard hard time staying warm in my unheated apartment no matter how many layers I put on.

Everyone's cold

Comment by Jenn (not verified) Sun, 12/19/2010 - 10:10

I know it's not nearly as cold here as where everyone else seems to be; but its been ridiculously cold for December in the Bahamas. I commiserate with *everyone*. My apartment has old old windows, and I live on a hill in just the spot to get all the wind. I've got tile floors, like most other homes. And because we're so far south (and things built after the 1950s have no fireplaces/radiators - I guess because of global warming and the fact that they were just silly in the first place?) there's no heating, at all. We don't generally have 'winter clothes', just a couple of long sleeve items are normally plenty warm enough.

So I hope everyone gets warm again soon; this is a pretty crappy time of year to feel like you're being deprived of the most basic comforts. Besides, there's always January and February to look forward to for cold weather. At least we're not all in Europe - my family in the Uk can't even go down the path to the sidewalks...brrrr!

Emotions Translated Into Art

Comment by minetruly (not verified) Mon, 12/20/2010 - 13:20

Oh, my god. I can see your anguish & displeasure in the way the cartoon is drawn. Look, the hoodie looks like it's about to attack.

Sucks to be me(?)

Comment by crackerFATS (not verified) Mon, 12/20/2010 - 13:29

Here I am suffering through a MN winter. S'pose to be (at least mildly) freezing my ass off, right? All my neighbors in the apt. building have their heat cranked so high that I haven't used mine even once yet. I'm here, sitting in my boxers, sweating like a fat kid running ladders, and thinking about cracking a window to get some relief. Life can be so hard.(sorry)

Cheap heating

Comment by A Road-Worthy Canadian (not verified) Mon, 12/20/2010 - 16:37

If you wanna warm the house up a bit, you can try getting some candles and putting them into tin cans (like soup cans) and punching a bunch of little holes in the cans. I dunno how it'd work on a house, but it sure as hell heats up a car. I imagine getting a few of 'em might help?

I live in Canada. We're

Comment by Sabrina (not verified) Tue, 12/21/2010 - 08:03

I live in Canada. We're hovering around -16 C (about 3 F). I'm walking around inside (and occasionally outside) in jeans and a tshirt. I love the cold weather. Stereotypical of us Canadians, I'm not sure, but anything above 20 C and I'm sorry. I just won't be a happy lady.
Sorry you guys don't have heat though. If you're not used to it (or don't like it...) it can be a pain.

Us Canadians, eh?

Comment by Road-worthy Canadian (not verified) Tue, 12/21/2010 - 14:15

Yeah, man, I friggin' love the cold. Been running around outside in a t-shirt and pajama pants since I got home, it's about a balmy -20 or so....you just gotta embrace the cold! Or like, build up the fat to resist it or something. BLUBBER. IT'S WHERE IT'S AT.

Hellz Yeah

Comment by Sabrina (not verified) Tue, 12/21/2010 - 16:37

Snow. GIMME SOME.

We Gots Extra

Comment by Lindsay (not verified) Wed, 12/22/2010 - 15:00

Oooh i love the cold weather too! Alberta is a great place to hit the really low numbers, especially when you live near a lake. Brrrrr ^_^ But we're getting lots of snow, definitely enough to share!

Lucky...

Comment by Sabrina (not verified) Fri, 12/24/2010 - 01:12

I'm in Mississauga. We got a light dusting a couple weeks ago that's hung around, but man it just keeps missing us here! I love the snow, I feel like we in the GTA have been cheated the last two years!

Oh noes! I hope your heat

Comment by MissKacey (not verified) Tue, 12/21/2010 - 17:30

Oh noes! I hope your heat gets fixed soon! Last winter my heat pump broke and I was without heat for 6 longs weeks during one of the coldest winters here ever (Portland, OR) while we tried to find a repair man that could fix our Japanese heating/cooling system. :-/ I feel your pain!