Holidaze

Holidaze

Tue, 12/28/2010 - 18:01 by Ananth in response to but I'm your only ... oh.

When asked to comment, Yuko Ota grumbled loudly and left the room.

In case you were wondering, our eggistential crisis is over. Thanks for all the recipe suggestions!

Rook actually came to Yuko's parents' house with us this year! Which means he's meeting Mika and Gonta, which means you guys will get some comics out of it. I've got notes for a lot of 'em, so I'm going to wait a little bit and cull out the best stuff.

I'm leaving the Mawzantine Crest tees on sale till the New Year! Oh, and Yuko did a tee design for Hey Chickadee! based on the fairytale Musicians of Bremen! I should note that it is only available in ladies' sizes!

Hope everyone had some good holidays. New Years is coming up, so it's not over yet! We'll catch ya Thursday ... as soon as this is up we're going to go see Tron. Fully prepared for bleeps and bloops.

Comments

Poor Yuko!

Comment by Reynard (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 18:12

You know you're on the outs with your family when they "disown" you and "adopt" the cat.

What is it with cats and

Comment by R (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 18:26

What is it with cats and cardboard boxes? I'm scared that one Christmas I'll accidentally seal my cat in after she's buried herself in the decorations :I

If you think that's bad...

Comment by C.D. Reimer (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 18:32

I'm 40 years old and my Dad still calls me by my older brother's name. *sigh*

I'm always amused that you

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 18:34

I'm always amused that you know its Yuko's dad by the kind of square, angular text box thats used in all the comics (thus far).

Also that we've never seen an illustrated version of Yuko's dad.

He is an enigma.

His text

Comment by Softy (not verified) Wed, 12/29/2010 - 11:49

Seconded. HE SPEAKS RATHER FORCEFULLY. BUT IT'S NOT LIKE HE'S YELLING OR ANYTHING.

Hmm

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Wed, 12/29/2010 - 21:25

except gonta is the father's cat, and mika is the mother's cat... o.O?

So....

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 19:02

I assume that your mother is still angry about you lied (or your dad lied) about the booze in the car incident?

C'mon, hug and kiss, this is year end holidays, a season to be happy right?

Whoops

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 19:16

That's your dad? so... he's also angry at you about something? the booze incident too?

Haha!

Comment by Russspruce (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 19:14

My mom does that with my dog.

Urgh... Favouritism

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 20:59

My parents tend to switch favourites between my sister and I. She goes to college, I'm useless. I take care of them while sick, she's useless.

Kringus? Is that you?

Comment by Dorkorama (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 23:13

I guess I'm the only one who thought it was a cat in the Christmas tree talking. >_>

Pay no attention to the man

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 23:25

Pay no attention to the man behind the Christmas tree!

My parents do that to me

Comment by Edouard (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 23:40

My parents do that to me with our new cats! I feel like I've been replaced...

Damned dog

Comment by anonymous (not verified) Tue, 12/28/2010 - 23:59

Hey folks, your dog is not my brother. It is quite clear he is the son of a bitch.

I eagerly await a comic

Comment by Lancer2010 (not verified) Wed, 12/29/2010 - 01:37

I eagerly await a comic about Rook meeting Gonta.

It will be entertaining I'm sure.

Cats n' Tron

Comment by Fish` (not verified) Wed, 12/29/2010 - 01:40

Can't wait to see the Rook and Gonta comics. Also when you go see Tron see it in IMAX 3D, and the Daft Punk music was great.

Sigh. Of course, the first

Comment by Peter N. Trinh (not verified) Wed, 12/29/2010 - 04:21

Sigh. Of course, the first thing I thought of when I read the first panel was both Luc Besson's Taken, starring Liam Neeson, and the game Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Conviction's pretty much Taken: The Video Game, by the way. Similar story and brutality from old dudes from the government.

Which is great.

Tron background

Comment by Rincewind (not verified) Wed, 12/29/2010 - 04:35

If you can, try to find the two-issue prequel comic to the movie Marvel put out. It's called "Tron Betrayal", and it goes into the backstory and setup for the movie, stuff that gets kind of glossed over in the movie. There's also a Tron video game that came out in the beginning of December, that I've heard also deals with the "what the heck is going on?" issue.

Hah

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 12/29/2010 - 11:37

Haha, "There She Is"? Like the famous online flash shorts? hilarious!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAmydaddo

Comment by Number Seven (not verified) Wed, 12/29/2010 - 13:37

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAmydaddoesthat:(

OH MAN

Comment by Sarah (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 01:44

I love Musicians of Bremen because of these fairytales on cassette tape my family used to have. My brother wore that one out and so it reminds me of him. Awww...

*facepalm*. I only just

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 02:14

*facepalm*. I only just realized that the christmas tree wasn't magically talking XD.

I feel you, Yuko. When Xmas

Comment by a.a. (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 14:28

I feel you, Yuko. When Xmas comes around my dad's always all over my eldest male cousin, cause he always wanted a son.

More Musicians of Bremen

Comment by Puck (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 07:45

would love to see that on a mens shirt, or off centered on the back of a hoodie(which I would buy instantly).

Yeah...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 11:13

My mom does the same thing with our dog. Makes me wonder who is the favorite.