Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Thu, 12/30/2010 - 19:21 by Ananth in response to baking failure

These are some snippets from our holidays - we've been intending to do something like this for a while, and you'll likely see more in this format crop up. The night if the snowstorm Yuko Initial Y'd it and Tokyo-drifted us all the way home. Some nice driving! Also, I got her a new hat with lots of snaps and buttons -- I think she likes it!

Guys - JW: V1 is now available online at Midtown Comics! And they have it discounted by 15% right now, so it's not a bad time to grab one. You can even leave a review, if you like. The book will also be available at their retail locations in Manhattan by Friday at the latest! If you live in the city, that's a nce way to get a copy and not have to pay all that pesky shipping. Thank you to Jisuk for making it possible! We are pretty excited about it.

The next time we update, it'll be 2011. See you on the other side!

Comments

That Hat is Adorable

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 19:49

You guys cook a lot of weird things I wouldn't even consider sticking in an oven. Hooray for variety.

OH MY GOD

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 20:01

I GOT THE EXACT SAME KIND OF HAD FOR CHRISTMAS FROM MY BROTHER'S GIRLFRIEND.

WE CAN BE HAT BUDDIES! :D

OMJEEZ THAT'S A GREAT HAT!

Comment by sara (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 20:08

OMJEEZ THAT'S A GREAT HAT! for real. cute.

D'aaaaawwww

Comment by RobotMaster3 (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 20:13

That's real cute, Yuko. Your hat just increased your adorability by +10.

I am instantly jealous of

Comment by Braxton (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 20:17

I am instantly jealous of Yuko's hat. :D So cute~

Sweet Potato - Banana

Comment by Koarth (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 20:40

Sweet Potato - Banana bread?

That. Is genius. Brb.

Yuko Sheep!

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 21:32

Yes! Yuko Sheep! that's what I'm going to call you when you wear that hat, so adorable!

Now fly, Yuko! FLYYYY! Work

Comment by psychogaze (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 21:48

Now fly, Yuko! FLYYYY! Work those little tabs!
Also, I am intrigued by the bread.

Nerdy Hat Off 2011

Comment by Ary (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 22:24

I got a hat for Christmas that's even dorkier.
It's a heartless from Kingdom Hearts and even has the antenna hanging off the back

That's not dorky. That's

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 01/03/2011 - 21:49

That's not dorky.
That's AWESOME.
Too awesome to exist, even. But then someone on a forum was talking about those plush Half-Life headcrab hats...

Hat of AWESOME

Comment by Vinia (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 22:31

Yuko now owns one of the best hats ever.
Also I live on the so I have to put up with the careful detail and attention the snow plows put into cleaning of those roads whenever it snows. (sarcasm)

Yuko has the same hat I do!

Comment by mycroft (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 23:01

Yuko has the same hat I do! I love having flaps to deploy into adventure mode

um...my 9 month old son has

Comment by Jennifer (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 23:36

um...my 9 month old son has that same hat. with the velcro on the bottom tabs, except his head is so round that although the hat is too big for his actual head, the tabs are actually too short for his face...

I'm actually upstate from

Comment by taber_man (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 23:52

I'm actually upstate from you guys. We didn't get it quite as bad, but we got a decent foot or a little bit more.
Granted, it's not as easy to stop us up here since we get it tremendously more from what I've seen.
Either way, hope you're making out in the snow fine!

Hat made me crack up....I

Comment by Zelly (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 00:06

Hat made me crack up....I imagine you flying away on little hat wings

Daww, Yuko reminds me of Mei

Comment by Mel (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 00:51

Daww, Yuko reminds me of Mei from Arashi no Yoru Ni with her lil hat on. Cyooot!

Midtown Comics

Comment by Borrie (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 02:28

Aaaaaaugh I was just at Midtown Comics earlier today! I didn't bother to see if they had JW, but I did check at Jim Hanley's Universe since they tend to carry more local comics. Now I wish I had paid more attention to Midtown.

So do you use white sweet

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 04:36

So do you use white sweet potatoes or the orange yams (which most people call sweet potatoes)? It sounds really good though and I haven't made banana bread in a while.

btw

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 06:36

Isn't it Initial D?

another possibility

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 06:37

Then there's that one episode in School Rumble, or whatever it's called.(sorry for being a freak)

also the hat

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 06:39

I used to own one of those, dunno what happened to it though.(all right now I'm seriously going to stop replying to my own stuff within 30 seconds of posting)

It's Initial Y because it's

Comment by Ananth Fri, 12/31/2010 - 10:24

It's Initial Y because it's Yuko. ;)

oooohhhh... I see.

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Sat, 01/01/2011 - 07:36

oooohhhh... I see.

I've seen a bunch of those

Comment by cspradlin (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 06:36

I've seen a bunch of those hats, and I have YET to figure out what the heck the ear tabs are for. So you can hear better?

I end up wearing a beanie, watch cap, or balaclava (movie bank robber mask, for those who've never heard that before).

Oh my god I got that hat

Comment by Chaky (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 06:57

Oh my god I got that hat just yesterday! There's a special kind of joy one only gets from a floppy hat.

THAT IS MY HAT

Comment by Droqen (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 10:39

OH MY GOD IS EVERYONE STEALING MY HAT

(It's worth stealing :DDDDDDDDD)

Recipes

Comment by Worst (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 10:57

First the pumpkin curry and now this sweet potato-banana bread. Do you guys just have a cook book you crack open every now and then so as to make hundreds of readers dabble in tasty gastronomy?

I got that hat too!

Comment by Outlawwolf (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 12:52

And for christmas!....sorta, my mom gave it to me after Christmas but it's exactly the same one!

Hat Brothers!

Comment by Toad (not verified) Sun, 01/02/2011 - 18:57

I got one too! HATS UNITE!

greetings comrade yuko! join

Comment by The Communist Revolution (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 14:14

greetings comrade yuko! join us in the subversive socialist plot to take over america!

Last panel of "New Hat"

Comment by Opus the Poet (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 15:45

That has to be the visual representation of the word "squee" to use in the Wiktionary, so long as the caption "I got a new hat" is included.

When do you guys restock?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 15:50

I want one of those PaleanLOLogy shirts sooo bad D:
When do you guys think you'll have more? :D
Sorry if you already answered this question, it's kind of a last minute thing :)

I don't get it

Comment by Jon (not verified) Fri, 12/31/2010 - 20:59

No not the comic.. It's just the whole time I've read the comics I kept laughing because they are so similar to things going on in our own house.. now the hat thing, my girlfriend recently got a very similar hat and it was just too much... and for example.. one of the things said in this house is "That's not soap that's cream cheese" at the kitchen sink.

CUTE!

Comment by link8 (not verified) Sun, 01/02/2011 - 03:36

omg! i got the same hat for Christmas!

Jeez, no drifting comments?

Comment by SBKT (not verified) Sun, 01/02/2011 - 09:59

Seriously, I wanted to note how the "Back Roads" strip reminded me of an old NES game called City Connection. It was kind of a cheesy game you'd expect to put a quarter into for an hour's play, where you try and cover all of the roads on the level while avoiding police cars and those CATS (who are very comical if you accidentally collide with one)

Instead, everyone's on about the hat.

My sad christmas story

Comment by Jordanger (not verified) Sun, 01/02/2011 - 21:43

Man I got my hokusai shirt and loved it and wore it like twice because I didn't want to mess it up.

A few nights ago I drove into Philly and in my tired delirium I managed to lose the only shirts I've spent any money on in the past two years- my hokusai shirt and my kate beaton shirt.

They had been in a plastic bag that fell out of my backpack, and the Philadelphia trash men had thrown them out by the next morning. :C

I'm just venting cause that is like the worrrsst thing about my trip. Which is kind of a good thing I guess? Still crushed.

E-mail me! Maybe we can work

Comment by Ananth Tue, 01/04/2011 - 12:26

E-mail me! Maybe we can work something out. ;)

Snow?

Comment by Aube (not verified) Sun, 01/02/2011 - 21:45

I miss the winters of New England (I know NY is not New England but close enough.) The "snow storms" Utah has are maybe two or three inches and the people here go crazy, like they've never seen this stuff before.

Hat=adorable

Bread sounds interesting, next try some Rum in it. Everything is better baked with Rum.

Hat!!!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 01/02/2011 - 22:24

Yay for bomber hats! That is what they are called in case you were unaware. It's practically required headgear for anyone who lives in rural Canada :D. I like how you can fasten the main flaps up on top if you're too warm, plus it's super cute.

2011

Comment by Arun (not verified) Sun, 01/02/2011 - 23:02

Happy new year, you guys! :)

"Your hair's getting shaggy."

Comment by PurpleTurtle (not verified) Mon, 01/03/2011 - 20:34

Oh geez, my sister and I got that same hat. I think we can thank Scott Pilgrim for some of its recent popularity :p

oh my god Yuko has a ushanka

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 04/11/2011 - 22:17

oh my god Yuko has a ushanka hi5 Yuko

cute

Comment by TheNikus (not verified) Thu, 05/31/2012 - 05:09

Last three panels: Cutest thing ever.

Also, your comment section is full of spaaaaam.

cute

Comment by TheNikus (not verified) Thu, 05/31/2012 - 05:42

Last three panels: Cutest thing ever.

Also, your comment section is full of spaaaaam.