Cat Crossover Pt. 2

Cat Crossover Pt. 2

Tue, 01/18/2011 - 16:28 by Ananth in response to when rook met gonta

Rook and Gonta met later in the day, and this was when we discovered that Gonta is hungrier than he is skittish. What a greedy cat.

Hope your week is good so far! I wish we could share some of the work we're doing behind the scenes with you, but the time isn't right! Also, not allowed. I CAN say we finished Mass Effect 2 recently and Yuko put up for Lair of the Shadow Broker, the latest (and greatest) ME2 DLC. It is a lot of fun, and the last chapter, when you finally get to the ... ahem ... Lair of the Shadow Broker ... is gorgeous. You are fighting people and trying to get to your destination and all you want to do is look around. Anyway, I think our ME-related posts are done (until more DLC, anyway), but here's a drawing Yuko did for kicks,

A little Mass Effect, a little Daft Punk, a dash of Tron. You know how it is.

Comments

Yuko! I love the way you

Comment by NatNat (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 16:33

Yuko! I love the way you draw cats!

and Gonta is the funniest cat :) Pet him for me :D

Over the last week you've

Comment by Richard (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 16:43

Over the last week you've really made me want to play Mass Effect. I don't really do video games.

Oh, I love your comic too.

GONTA

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 17:31

He of the EXTREME PUPILS 0.0

Maybe he thought he should eat all the food. "Well they've gone and gotten another cat, better eat up while I can!"

Would be in character for him to stress out like that, poor dude.

Meanwhile, Rook is going "??"

Also: DP/TRON/ME mashup = win!

Haha, poor Rook. Nobody like

Comment by AryCapricat (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 17:58

Haha, poor Rook. Nobody like him.

Also,
OH GOD YUKO THAT'S FRIKKEN AMAZING! TALI LOOKS SO AWESOME AND ADOREBLE!

French doors are amazing for

Comment by Shauna (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 18:00

French doors are amazing for introducing cats, they can see each other, and smell each other but they can't get into fights or steal each other's food. There is some in my house separating the dining room from the rest of the house so it works perfectly.

Rook's expression in the last panel is priceless.

I like it!

Comment by Lindsay (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 18:18

I really like it, especially the TRON and Daft Punk look to it. Very nicely done Yuko!

I've been listening to Daft

Comment by lisa (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 18:55

I've been listening to Daft Punk non-stop since I saw Tron a couple of weeks ago so it's funny that you posted that mashup picture. It's quite awesome! also, gonta FTW

Haha oh you cats you

Comment by FriendlyStray (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 19:48

Must say, loving these cat comics. I got a puppy last Friday and both my cats reacted exactly as Gonta and Mika did to Rook! Either getting beat up or robbed. Poor little guys, they just want friends!

I want a poster of that Tali

Comment by Gilder (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 20:05

I want a poster of that Tali art! It's got three awesome tastes that taste awesome together!

Well, At Least Gonta was More Pleasant

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 20:20

Love Yuko's drawing.

oh man, the daft punk

Comment by Nyxity (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 21:00

oh man, the daft punk helmets were amazing <3!!

I want to just give Gonta a

Comment by Rabbit! (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 21:21

I want to just give Gonta a huge freaking hug.

ZOMG!

Comment by Psydotek (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 21:42

Tali + Daft Punk + Tron = T-Shirt (or poster print) NAO! Well, I can dream (i'm sure there's all sorts of legal hurdles to overcome)... Perhaps submit it to TeeFury.com?

I also require a print of

Comment by Stina (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 06:21

I also require a print of this! NAO!

Also loving the kitty

Comment by Corteks (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 22:16

Also loving the kitty comics! Cats are such funny and interesting creatures.

Loving the Tali pic so much. I have a massive love for the Mass Effect series due to the fact your actions shape the storyline and character relationships and this pic is really making me wanna continue my current run-through of number 2 again (Completed it before but lost my save data :/ ).

BtW if this Tali pic ever became a poster I would so buy it!
Tron+ME2+Daft Punk= Epic win!

D-d'aww...

Comment by Sven (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 22:51

Poor Rook must feel so unloved by his fellow cat :C

Did you find the one

Comment by The Poki (not verified) Tue, 01/18/2011 - 23:43

Did you find the one computer that has detailed profiles on everyone in your squad? You get to find out some interesting things, and a lot of hilarious easter eggs in the process XD

Ah my gawd

Comment by WhimsicalX-RayFish (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 00:20

Poor Rook. :'(
Man, lovin' these comics, and that heckuva awesome drawing.
Tali + Daft Punk + Tron = MUST HAVE (>'.')>

Any chance we can get some

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 00:24

Any chance we can get some real-life pictures of these cats? :D I'd love to see them!

Rook looks really cute when

Comment by SDVII (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 02:52

Rook looks really cute when he saw Gonta - which is very greedy - eats his food.
Thanks for the comic. The drawing is amassing. :))

So Gonta isn't at all

Comment by Android 21 3/7 (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 03:13

So Gonta isn't at all territorial. Then again, it makes sense, since that would make Mika the dominant cat.

I take back what I said on

Comment by Calica (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 07:43

I take back what I said on the last comic. THIS last panel is my favorite rook picture.

The cat comics are my

Comment by Demarion (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 09:11

The cat comics are my favourite, I think. They have so much character and really do reflect the different personalities of a cat.

Also that she-Daft Punk is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Make prints! Make prints!

Would you say...

Comment by kane.zach (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 09:52

So I am seeing so much love around the net for this "Mass Effect." Would you (or anyone here really) say it is worthwhile to pick up the first one and start through it? I completely missed the boat (enamoured with other hobbies) on this one but man it sounds cool.

I like that Gonta sort of went for approval there? Hehehe.

Get them both

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 18:29

Get them both, run through them both back to back with the same character. You can really get into it that way. It's totally worth it. Also get the downloadable content, at the very least Bringing Down the Sky, Overlord, and Lair of the Shadow Broker.

~ noted. Thanks!

Comment by kane.zach (not verified) Thu, 01/20/2011 - 09:43

~ noted. Thanks!

TALIIIIIII

Comment by Sarah (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 10:04

Tali vos Normandy? More like Tali vos /My Heart/.

Yes, my heart is a ship and she is a part of it. ; 3;

Holyawesomesauce!

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 12:44

Omg! I love that print Yuko! My love for Daft Punk shines brighter than 1000 suns. Hopefully we will see it as a print!

Words cannot express how

Comment by minetruly (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 15:25

Words cannot express how much I love that drawing of the space lady, and appreciate the artistic mastery of human form. (It's in proportion, but then some parts are thinner for effect, and it comes off so WELL... sqeeeeeeeee!!!)

Next Time On...

Comment by Aube (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 15:38

Gonta is truly a man's cat, food comes first. Now I am even more curious to see the third and final installment. Do they battle for supremacy of the house? Will Rook ever feel at home in this bizarre new world? Will Gonta ever stop eating? Find out next time on Drago- er I mean Johnny Wander.

Heh!

Comment by Adam (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 15:54

Ooh, Daft Effect!

Rook doesn't get any

Comment by Jo (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 17:52

Rook doesn't get any friends....

Has it ever occurred to you...

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Wed, 01/19/2011 - 23:07

That Gonta is really the reincarnation of GARIES?

Now, I really have to ask..

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 01/20/2011 - 04:08

What in the world made Gonta so skittish? Was he just like that? Did he magically appear in the world with a <0-0> face?

I feel so bad for him sometimes :<

Mass Effect

Comment by Jeremy (not verified) Thu, 01/20/2011 - 08:03

Awesome Tali artwork, I love Mass Effect. my favorite class is the Vanguard (Bad ass Charge Attack). Here's something you Mass Effect fans may enjoy, I know I did.

Tali was always my favorite

Comment by Zach (not verified) Thu, 01/20/2011 - 08:55

Tali was always my favorite character!

this cat is THE best cat

Comment by FERZX (not verified) Fri, 01/28/2011 - 22:49

this cat is THE best cat ever.