Is it real?

Is it real?

Tue, 01/25/2011 - 17:38 by Ananth in response to a secret for the ages

What does it mean? Gotta be honest - at first I thought, in the way that sponsors get stadiums named after them, that there was maybe a town sponsored by Dairy Queen that they named after their new offering, the Cheesequake. Not the case, at all. Cheesequake, NJ is a real place! Maybe some of you are from there. The part we drove through was lovely. It didn't live up to the wonder of its name, but maybe that's okay. I don't know if anything could.

We'll be at Kitsunekon in Appleton, WI from February 25th-27th! We don't usually make it out to that neck of the woods, so hopefully we'll be meeting a bunch of new faces. Come say hi! We'll bring books and more.

I talked last week about Yuko's body type lineup - we got a lot of folks asking after Death, so Yuko went ahead and did it:

Pretty cute!

See you Thursday!

Comments

APPLETON.

Comment by Kat (not verified) Thu, 01/27/2011 - 01:24

Holy shit, Appleton.
Hometown, what?

I hadn't planned on going, but I will find a ride from where I live now, damnit.

Huh

Comment by TEi (not verified) Thu, 01/27/2011 - 01:28

Looks like Yuko is pulling a John there.

Another semi-local

Comment by Borrie (not verified) Thu, 01/27/2011 - 06:38

I've never seen the name Cheesequake as being odd, but then again, I live just off exit 117. I've never even stopped at that rest stop. However, first time visitors to my area usually remark on it.

Best place ever.

Comment by GX67 (not verified) Tue, 02/01/2011 - 23:34

You guys should really check the place out. It's beautiful there, and really peaceful if you go a bit further inside. Especially if you bring a picnic lunch or tent, you can camp there overnight and see a lot of stars.

-Edison, NJ resident for 16+ years

I commented because I live

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/24/2011 - 23:57

I commented because I live there! :D
Its crappy and a lot of deer die everyday. Don't come back.

i commute to NYC through

Comment by kurisu (not verified) Thu, 08/04/2011 - 15:31

i commute to NYC through Cheesequake every day. I mention it casually in conversation with people from college and they are mostly shocked and I end up having to explain that it is in fact real.