Adam WarRock's Smoking Girl

Adam WarRock's Smoking Girl

Thu, 02/03/2011 - 18:14 by Ananth in response to hourly comics: february 1st 2011

Hourly comics! We did this last year too, and in 2009 as well. February 1st is a magical day when cartoonists from all over the internet do comics, often about making comics. You know what I want to read? Hourly comics by astronauts. Astronaut diary comics. I think maybe next year on February 1st we'll plan to do something crazy (I'll probably eat those words in a year).

So that announcement I mentioned on Tuesday was that we designed a t-shirt for Adam WarRock! I also did a long process post about designing the t-shirt, from concept to completion, and you can find that over at my Tumblr. Take a look below:

We're pretty happy with the result! They'll be available soon in his online store! We'll let you know.

Comments

I love how Yuko is even

Comment by Birdface (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 18:35

I love how Yuko is even wearing glasses in the shower. I actually do that on accident all the time, And halfway into my shower I'm lie, "ocrap my glasses". It's happened numerous times with socks and underpants as well.

I always adore your hourly

Comment by R (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 18:36

I always adore your hourly comics! This made my day :)

Woaw, the Adam Warlock

Comment by KJF (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 18:40

Woaw, the Adam Warlock design is amazing !!!

If I did a hourly comics today, I think my potential readers would kill themselves out of boredom. :p

It's the little things that are revealing...

Comment by C.D. Reimer (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 18:41

Wait a minute... Ananth works? :P

h-hey now.

Comment by Aido Thu, 02/03/2011 - 19:08

Ananth does more stuff around here more and has more projects on his plate than myself and myself combined.  :|

Woah....that's a lot of

Comment by Aube (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 01:18

Woah....that's a lot of yourself.

Now with more more!

Comment by Z (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 13:14

I am impressed by the amount of more Ananth does.

Your life is so consumed by

Comment by Laura (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 19:14

Your life is so consumed by Rook. He knows he owns you.

Leftover Curry

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 19:36

How long can we kept leftover curry anyway? 2-3 days? a whole week?

You can freeze it

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/03/2011 - 19:52

You can freeze it indefinitely! Not sure about fridge life ... it tends to get eaten pretty quickly.

Is that so? then I'll make

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 23:25

Is that so? then I'll make lots of it, I love curry, but I only can cook the instant version :(

These are a few of my...

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 19:50

FAVORITE THINGS.

A.) DnD
B.) Funfetti

Well worth the effort / funfetti fixation.

Shirt designs looks bitchin, as well.

Funfetti is a genius invention

Comment by Alison (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 20:37

I don't know why, but every kid who grew up with Funfetti around here still adores it. Those Pillsbury people are evil geniuses.

um

Comment by Arun (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 21:03

Yuko: What headphones do you have? Do you like to listen to a particular kind of music while you work?

headphones and such

Comment by Aido Fri, 02/04/2011 - 01:10

I have this pair of oversized Sony headphones from middle school (they came with my first boom box) that've been following me around.  There is seriously nothing special about them.  XD

I listen to a lot of audiobooks and podcasts, they keep me on task.  I, uh, usually refrain from talking about my musical tastes because I'm scared of being judged.  I have no idea what's "cool."  Musically, I go through phases.  About a week ago, I was listening to nothing but 90's Prodigy, hardcore techno, and breakbeat.  The week before, I was listening to nothing but the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.  The week before, it was nothing but Mumford and Sons.  This week is Florence and the Machine.  I don't have a huge music library, so I usually wind up listening to whatever Pandora picks up.

Huh

Comment by Doctor Scraps (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 17:42

I go through phases to, but often during the same day.
One minute I have Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" going, then the next I'm rocking out to Bing Crosby or Marty Robins.

I totally get the whole cat

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 21:14

I totally get the whole cat driving you crazy to feed them, and I just wanted to let you know that my roommate had the same problem until she bought her cat an automatic feeder. The transformation was unbelievable, once he stopped associating her to when he got to eat, the demands and futile attempts to fool people into feeding him twice stopped entirely. Setting it is as easy as setting an alarm clock, so you could look into that if Rook's driving you bonkers!

Auto Catfeeder

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 22:30

I've check the internet for Auto Catfeeder and it needs bateries, not sure if want.

FUNFETTI?

Comment by Dirk Hardpeck (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 21:24

Man, I wish I was in her D&D Group. I never got funfetti cake from mine.

Who do you think

Comment by Doctor Scraps (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 10:12

Who do you think DM's?
Probably John...
Though the mental image of Yuko ruling the universe from behind the DM Screen with a little cape on will haunt me all day.

Evan and our pal L alternate

Comment by Ananth Fri, 02/04/2011 - 18:43

Evan and our pal L alternate DMing.

John silently judges us for playing pretend, of course.

L DM's for you guys in his

Comment by Aube (not verified) Sat, 02/05/2011 - 15:35

L DM's for you guys in his off hours? I guess chasing down Kira isn't as demanding as I previously suspected.

Mmm.

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 22:43

I made funfetti cake for my teachers birthday. I usually like baking stuff from scratch but she said her favorite was the Funfetti junk.

So I slipped a few drops of vanillia extract in there. Worth it.

Mygod, I should totally send you guys some brownies .-.

Do you really work on comics

Comment by James H (not verified) Thu, 02/03/2011 - 23:34

Do you really work on comics for 6 hours straight? I'm jealous, my attention span only gets about two hours at best... and that's because I play a movie during that time.
But I still love the hourlies. :3

Haha, sometimes?

Comment by Aido Fri, 02/04/2011 - 01:03

I don't usually, but on Tuesday, yes, I did literally work for 6 hours straight.  Didn't even finish the thing I was working on. =__=

Well, y'know...

Comment by Doctor Scraps (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 10:10

I usually put Jackass The Movie (the first one) on loop when I work, or the 40's-50's swing channel on Pandora. It's peppy and totally background and unintrusive.
But my attention span is maybe an hour before my brain tells me I need to move on to a new projuect. I fear I may have gone 26 years without being diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder.

Funfetti funfetti funfetti

Comment by Nakathefirst (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 01:03

Funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti funfetti.

But seriously, is John living with you again?

Once again

Comment by Jon (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 04:04

So much like our family... We got funfetti cake.. took a while to make it since we stood around cheering at the fact we had "FUNFETTI!!" cake

Astronaut Daily

Comment by Kristen (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 05:16

If you check on youtube there's a 7-part series (of 10 minute chunks) of astronaut Garrett Reisman farting around on the ISS. I think he uploaded it just a year or two ago. Naturally, the only day he was able to make it was a day where nothing was going on--indeed, in the video he mentions that the following day was going to be pretty hectic because a shuttle was coming up with Dextre the robot--but it's still well cool. Reisman is very funny and chill--it's not like one of those awkward astronaut ice cream clips where they give the camera a thumbs-up and say "work hard in school and you might get to be an astronaut when You grow up!" It might go some way toward satisfying your craving for astronaut hourlies.

Dude, those were the best,

Comment by blacksands (not verified) Sat, 02/05/2011 - 11:59

Dude, those were the best, thanks for mentioning them!
Here's the link to the first one:

The slice-of-life style makes them really engaging, and you're right, Reisman's personality is very fun.
"Hello Earth. ...Sweet." XD

Never had funfetti cake

Comment by Aube (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 08:08

Never had funfetti cake before, sounds weird.
Love the t-shirt design, sadly can't make it to Emerald City Comic Con for the release but will definitely get one when Adam releases them on his site.

Also ^ astronaut hourlies would by the BEST.

Why does Yuko seem to be

Comment by Doctor Scraps (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 10:06

Why does Yuko seem to be fretting about the Funfetti? Is it hard to make?
On top of that, I would totally donate for a sketch of Ananth and Yuko as D&D characters.

All that besides, I kinda got the Vibe that Yuko really really just wanted to get these Hourlies done and go to bed.

Eventual Funfetti

Comment by kane.zach (not verified) Mon, 02/07/2011 - 10:23

Actually, I took it as Funfetti-induced mania. Imagine the prospect of the subsequent Funfetti-hands shaking feverishly while holding the box...

I had to comment as those two panels in particular might be the funniest thing I've seen of your day! Honestly Lol'd!

Hourly comics by Biologists!

Comment by Leah (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 12:51

I would totally do a Hourly comics by biologists. I suppose I could just do hourly comics on hourly comics day with everyone else but i'm chicken. I think having other non-comicers do it would be pretty awesome though.

uncredited mastermind

Comment by Tillie (not verified) Fri, 02/04/2011 - 13:11

Yess both our Hourlies featured Ice Bat! Ice Bat, you do so get around.

Ramen

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 02/05/2011 - 02:45

Curry Ramen is made of tasty goodness and WIN!

You guys should add a

Comment by elena (not verified) Sun, 02/06/2011 - 15:02

You guys should add a stumble upon share link to your sidebar

._.

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Mon, 02/07/2011 - 01:33

What the hell's a stumble upon?

While I'm at it, what's a 6G?

I just wanted to say I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 02/07/2011 - 17:20

I just wanted to say I really have enjoyed the last few comics, especially the introduction of Mr. Bargles. Also, I looked over your process post about doing the tee design for Mr. Warrock and it helped me a bit with a graphic design or a few I have to do right now for some products. I rarely do design and many times I just don´t know where to start in terms of color or inspiration, so thanks for posting that guys, I'm sure it helped other people too.

good job in self promoting

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 17:33

good job in self promoting your webcomic on the fit computers on the 7th floor.

good job in self promoting

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 17:33

good job in self promoting your webcomic on the fit computers on the 7th floor.

Honest Opinion

Comment by Stevo (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 00:51

So... What's the verdict on curry ramen? I'm curious, but I could definitely see this as something I could regret.

... Wouldn't be the first time I got bad ideas from your comics. >.>

Ramen Yes!

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Thu, 03/31/2011 - 03:52

I actually only came on the comments to mention how happy I was to find out I'm not the only one who uses instant ramen as a base ingredient (like rice, or pasta) rather than a food all by itself ... unless i'm desperate of course.

Ramen (or your local equivalent) + random chopped up leftovers / sauces / etc = cheap and delicious.

Ramen + leftover curry = OMGNOM

DO IT

and i mean... hell... what do you have to lose... fifteen cents and some leftovers that probably would have gone bad anyway?

Funfetti

Comment by Ian Z (not verified) Mon, 02/21/2011 - 02:15

Thanks to Yuko, I saw Funfetti at the bargain store today and squeed and bought it.

D+D YOU SAY?!

Comment by One Angry THri-Kreen (not verified) Mon, 02/28/2011 - 01:08

What, pray tell, is the edition?!

Girlie but rocks!

Comment by Tyrone Cales (not verified) Mon, 12/05/2011 - 13:26

The design looks girlie to me but it rocks. It is an awesome t-shirts meant for gift.

GKrcNNsMIHzF

Comment by Lois (not verified) Thu, 01/12/2012 - 04:06

A plaesginly rational answer. Good to hear from you.

JSmFkkvYTECECLTNlgM