20th Century Boy

20th Century Boy

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 20:32 by Ananth in response to let me rethink this

You guys I want space adventures. ): Born in the wrong century, my heart was built for space.

Our pals L & Darryl started a blog called Comix Cube with a few of their friends - check it out! This post is about work ethic and motivation, broadly within art and more specifically within comics. L draws on some interesting influences in that aspect of her work.

Just a reminder, we'll be at Kitsunekon from Feb 25th-27th! We'll be doing some panels and we'll bring some things with us, like books and what have you. Stop by the Artist's Alley and say hello!

Oh, by popular request - we're getting charms of the Cat Chimeras in some day soon! They are super colorful and will come in packs of 3 for your charming pleasure. Here's one below:

Cuuuute. That's about it! See you Thursday!

Comments

The Science

Comment by Suri-chan (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 20:43

The Science of this comic made my day.

Ooooh. Those ARE cute.

Comment by Kist (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 20:59

Ooooh. Those ARE cute.

Does Evan actually look like

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 21:23

Does Evan actually look like Luigi, or is it just the way you draw him?

He needs a green cap.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 11:16

He needs a green cap.

Have I mentioned how much I

Comment by AryCapricat (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 21:38

Have I mentioned how much I love Evan in your comics?

Evan!

Comment by Hatepig (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 21:51

Don't despair Evan! If you put them in cryostasis, you'll be older! Problem solved.

But cryostatis slows the

Comment by Magofirst (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 23:18

But cryostatis slows the aging, so you will be making him younger than

Non!

Comment by Hatepig (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 14:11

No, if he puts Yuko and Ananth in cryostasis. Not himself.

Cryostasis is not actual science

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 21:35

TL;DBWW - Cryogenics is fail. Under current science, it actually irreparably destroys the human remains. In order for future science to reanimate such remains, it would not only need to be able to cure whatever it is that killed you, but it would also need to be able to reconstruct you (at least partially) at the molecular level.

If an actual explanation is requested, I'll type it all out.

Cellular, yes.

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 02:15

At least, unless you're astoundingly lucky during the freezing processitself and have had the right foreign chemicals in your bloodstream for /just/ long enough to get into enough of your cells to help but not kill you. Molecular, no.

But...you said dicking

Comment by Unsanitary Condition (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 22:49

But...you said dicking around in the last comic. Doesn't that count as a swear?

Evan's face in the last panel is how I look when I'm puzzled too. C:

I think they also said pussy.

Comment by Chuck (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 00:09

I think they also said pussy.

True. You guys are bad at

Comment by Unsanitary Condition (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 23:20

True.

You guys are bad at counting your swears, dammit.

= v =

Like, omg

Comment by littlelion (not verified) Tue, 02/08/2011 - 23:35

You know what else is cute?

EVAN.

I am fangirl-obsessed. Just so everyone knows. It's not healthy.

Huzzah!

Comment by Omnomnomnasaur (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 00:16

It's Evan! He could have his own adventure during the space one and then you can share your adventures!

He doesn't need to miss out

Comment by ANeM (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 01:52

He doesn't need to miss out on ALL the space adventures, just one would be enough for him to catch up. He can the Xander to your Buffy and Willow, appearing in all 144 adventures, less one.

Start studying Ananth.

Comment by Rich (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 02:03

Start studying Ananth. According to all the hard science fiction I've read, the only people who will ever go to space have PhD or some air force rank affixed to their names.

You would be the first "Space Yuko"

Comment by Alain (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 02:18

I just had to google "space Yuko". There is a space-faring Yoko with quite a lot of space adventures in Team Galaxy,

But Yuko doesn't sound at all like Yoko.

The way you draw Evan is the

Comment by Aube (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 02:36

The way you draw Evan is the best. Ananth, leave a note for your future great grandchildren to go back in time and kidnap you at a certain time. (you must remember to do it after you've procreated otherwise, no dice) Too much?.

Nice reference on the tittle.

Comment by Flerp (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 06:51

Nice reference on the tittle.

Cat-meras!

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 07:03

Totally getting an owlcat or a catipede if they're made. <3

Lightsabers, beamsabers, I don't care

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 08:54

You guys I want space adventures
If we can get some form of laser sword, I'm there.

Any news on the Hokusai

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 13:06

Any news on the Hokusai prints? I'd really like one. But I also want catmera charms :)

I ever get anything working

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 15:46

I ever get anything working with space travel. You guys are totally in, if only because I will think of this comic.

Evan's face

Comment by Edelweiss (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 16:32

Is it just me, or is Evan's face becoming more and more expressive?

everyone is eating ice cream.

Comment by Remy (not verified) Wed, 02/09/2011 - 18:09

I love how when Yuko draws people eating it always look like they're eating ice cream, no matter what they really are eating. Something about the way she draws people holding utensils.

Not that it's a bad thing ._.

Kittbee

Comment by Cerberus (not verified) Thu, 02/10/2011 - 01:51

I just needed to post about how absolutely FANTASTIC that Kittbee is! :D Bee's are on my top list of best animals ever, so I can't WAIT to buy it!

I am a cosmic rock nerd

Comment by Vannie (not verified) Thu, 02/10/2011 - 13:13

Love the T. Rex reference in the title.

Cat Chimera reminds me of Cat Bus on Totoro

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/11/2011 - 12:02

I'm glad I'm never the youngest or oldest in a group.

there is a solution!

Comment by vakkanal (not verified) Mon, 02/14/2011 - 12:07

All Evan has to do is leave Ananth and Yuko on Earth and go live in a space station with 0.5-g environment. The higher gravity on Earth will make time pass slower for Ananth and Yuko, allowing Evan to slowly, over time, catch up! And he gets to live in space!

Or Evan could just throw you two into a black hole and catch up reeeeeaaally quickly. Just saying.

Or...

Comment by JET73L (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 02:18

Evan could have the first half of an adventure on an alien planet, while Yuko and Ananth gallivant around its orbit in high speed. Then, they swoop in and help him finish the adventure. Problem solved! ...Aside from finding a habitable alien planet, and moving at high relativistic speeds. Eh, details.